1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The discovery thread!

1. Dsnuts Contributor
    DB3 is going to be more of a fun tuning. Much more bassier vs the NX7. Less detailed for certain but fun to listen to due to the bass emphasis.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
    zachmal likes this.
  2. B9Scrambler
    I'm really hoping they dial down the mid-bass and boost the lower treble just a bit. With some EQ I liked the prototype quite a bit more than the NX7.

3. Brooko Contributor
    Just spent 12 hours with the Argent - will measure them later today to give something on another rig. I really like what I'm hearing - these are extremely impressive.. Beautiful balance and extremely good detail. More later.

4. Otto Motor
    Got EARs on my doorstop waiting to be unpacked. I also like them (great resolution, nothing overbearing) but I don't know what the competition offers. plungaudio.com in Calgary also produce hybrid electrostatics, will check their stuff out in store next week. Great learning experience.

HungryPanda and zachmal like this.
  5. courierdriver
    Man, I an SOOOO gonna put my ISN C16 on the NX7 someday soon! The combo has such visual appeal! Love my copper hose. What are your thoughts on the combo?

6. audio123
    Not a big fan of DM6 but I like the DH3 sound. Lively and engaging. Great for acoustics. Vocals are clear. BGVP nailed this one IMO.
    photo_2019-08-31_11-29-41.jpg

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
    jant71 and CoiL like this.
  7. ElectricSeoul
    Great to hear and looking forward to it!

8. CoiL
    How is the dynamic driver inside this? Overall, how does it compare to No.3 TI, oxygen and KXXS?

9. audio123
    I feel the bass is pretty good. Quick decay and quite punchy. Perhaps not as full as No.3 Ti and Oxygen. The DH3 strikes me with more vocals presence and crispier treble in my brief listen with 2 switches down. Cheers!

jant71 likes this.
  10. zazaboy
    @audio123 what about the soundstage of isn he40?

11. jant71
    Any impression of the stage size and spacing of things??

12. lgcubana
  13. Dcell7
  14. lgcubana
    Don't know how I could've foreseen an upcoming sale. But my order has already been paid for
    &
    Apparently they changed their minds on the discount. As I stated $19.99 - $20.99

I did reach out to Nicehck. So I'll see what happens.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
  15. audio123
    The soundstage of the ISN H40 is pretty good. Very enveloping presentation with more emphasis in depth.

The stage width is alright but not out of your head kind. The depth is moderate. This is for 2 switches down. Cheers!

jant71 likes this.