1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The discovery thread!

1. Otto Motor
    The well-resolving TRN V90 is a 4+1 hybrid that is characterized by a warmish to neutral balanced tonality, which is well extended yet smooth at either end.

FULL REVIEW FINALLY on the grey blog.

[​IMG]

2. HungryPanda
    I'm going to open up one of my V90 shells and reverse the connector so as to correct phase issue. Wish me luck.

Ziggomatic, archdawg, zachmal and 5 others like this.
  3. baskingshark
    They don't allow u to refund or return it for an out of phase IEM? I know it is pretty difficult to prove to the seller though.

4. lgcubana
    Before you crack the V90s open: I'm assuming you must have an aftermarket, straight pin, 0.75 mm cable kicking about. Couldn't you 1st try said cable, purposely reversing the connection on the offending piece ?

buonassi likes this.
  5. mbwilson111
    Don't risk it. Insist that they replace it... just the earpieces if they don't want to send another box with accessories.

6. baskingshark
    It'll be hard to proof though, especially for defects that are not visual. I bought a CHIFI USB DAC/AMP before from AE and it had no sound output. Had a tough time disputing with the seller that it wasn't working. After a month of dingdonging, they finally refunded me.

7. mbwilson111
    He has done enough business with this seller that the seller should trust him.

8. peter123
    KarmaPhala, Coyro, superuser1 and 9 others like this.
  9. Wiljen
    yep and at $99 it truly is a direct competitor and not three times the cost.

courierdriver, DBaldock9 and peter123 like this.
  10. Jackpot77
    Any links to places that are selling it?

DBaldock9 likes this.
  11. Wiljen
    I was hoping for that too, but all the pictures seem to be engineering drawings and I suspect this is in the early stages. Certainly bears watching and I'll post a link if I find one.

DBaldock9 likes this.
  12. Wiljen
    Got the Ikko dongles in yesterday (Zerda) and they are very good. I am really impressed with the USB-C version paired with Galaxy S10 and UAPP. Well worth consideration if you need a dongle.

DBaldock9 likes this.
  13. peter123
    It's not available yet, I've asked for an estimated release date :wink:

14. Zerohour88
    @antdroid mentioned that this company is made by the guy who made the ES100 and left after? Definitely can see the design philosophy in place.

15. peter123
    That's correct and this makes me even more interested in the 5k :wink: