Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200)
Oct 26, 2013 at 9:20 PM Post #826 of 3,060
For many in lesser developed countries, $50 is a large amount of money. In the US, the average salary is around $22 an hour. In some lesser developed countries, the average salary is $2 an hour or less. For them $50 is more difficult difficult to earn than $500 is for a typical person in the US. Even worse is that some of these countries have very high taxes on  electronic items.

Oct 26, 2013 at 10:37 PM Post #827 of 3,060
For many in lesser developed countries, $50 is a large amount of money. In the US, the average salary is around $22 an hour. In some lesser developed countries, the average salary is $2 an hour or less. For them $50 is more difficult difficult to earn than $500 is for a typical person in the US. Even worse is that some of these countries have very high taxes on  electronic items.

No offense but what does that have to do with anything?

Oct 27, 2013 at 12:51 AM Post #828 of 3,060
   In the US, the average salary is around $22 an hour. 

I'm skeptical of that figure....seems rather high to me.

Oct 27, 2013 at 2:04 AM Post #829 of 3,060

Damit, your pictures make me envious every time! 
beyersmile.png

hahaha :D

time you posted your gears and had your revenge lol

Oct 27, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #832 of 3,060
thanks guys, now back to the reason why we're here...
ksc75smile.gif

Spent hours last night fiddling around with the parametric eq in RB3.13 on the 5.5G ipod video (pretty beat up, but functional from ebay 60GB...~$45). man the Par-EQ totally makes all the difference in the world. found a setting that worked well with the sony mdr-e86x (amzn refurbs, $25). ALL FLAC on board.

Also in the mix, a tarkan adaptor ($18US) and 128GB CF ($119US)...

i know i know, thats "more than 200"...but in engineering, we deal in percentages to failure...or probability of failure. I'm within 5%, thats still a pretty good tolerance, particularly for budgeting purposes. If i could find say a 100GB card at perhaps just 100?? prolly not.

Works well. Sounds amazing. Pocket-able, and bulletproof/reliable UI. Seriously i couldn't be happier.

In a few months i know that CF card will be less and eventually the 256 will start making appearances here on the boards. Interestingly, the tarkan adaptor came with a note listing all the confirmed cards working in each ipod...and this card is "confirmed not compatible"...hmm seems pretty compatible to me. so far, not once have i ever heard a skip or anything irregular in playback or in using the UI, which in my case is just a basic details style theme. load times are instantaneous, as is skipping to next track or browsing through the lists and menus. playback time from the battery is still on my list of things to test, as is a new battery (B/A comparison - before/after).

i bought an extra card for the G6-160GB Classic. i call it the zombie-pod, it was dead for a few years till i discovered the "bang-loader" method =) literally forcing the HDD to work. the IPC6 is still working after the forced itunes re-core, full of alac, 4 months in. so thats why i have an extra card...just going to keep it for now.

saludos amigos!

Ruben

Oct 29, 2013 at 9:53 AM Post #836 of 3,060
Sold off everything else i had, got this, saved the rest of the profit.:) ... This is all I need right here ... And the tips are hybrids...:)

I love it amzies, you are probably smarter than this whole forum for getting off the crazy train
blink.gif
 It's like when the wife ask me why I need 6 DAP's, 4 amps, a cagillion IEM's or cans in general (she ask me the same thing about having 5 bikes when I can obviously only ride one at a time)! I find myself going for my old SE102's more than any other uni's I have, something I really like about the Shure sound signature. Great all-arounders as I use them doing chores for the little lady, wear then to my boys sporting events and as been mentioned great travelers
wink.gif
 I have thought about a pair of 215's but figured I'd just be getting another pair of 102's, not really looked for an AB thread between these two as I'm pretty happy with these. I think if I were to more up the Shure food chain I'd look into 425/535's but considering these prices I feel customs may really be my next step. But for $99.00 US the SE102's were an original bargain in my book
bigsmile_face.gif

Oct 29, 2013 at 10:34 AM Post #837 of 3,060
I love it amzies, you are probably smarter than this whole forum for getting off the crazy train:blink:  It's like when the wife ask me why I need 6 DAP's, 4 amps, a cagillion IEM's or cans in general (she ask me the same thing about having 5 bikes when I can obviously only ride one at a time)! I find myself going for my old SE102's more than any other uni's I have, something I really like about the Shure sound signature. Great all-arounders as I use them doing chores for the little lady, wear then to my boys sporting events and as been mentioned great travelers:wink:  I have thought about a pair of 215's but figured I'd just be getting another pair of 102's, not really looked for an AB thread between these two as I'm pretty happy with these. I think if I were to more up the Shure food chain I'd look into 425/535's but considering these prices I feel customs may really be my next step. But for $99.00 US the SE102's were an original bargain in my book:bigsmile_face:

Well, it's been a long time coming for me... I am definitely loving the Shure sound... As for the upgrade, maybe a 535.. . but I do pride myself as a budget-fi dude, so... This Clip+ and SE215 SE rig is more than perfect for me... . :) .. .

Oct 29, 2013 at 10:48 AM Post #838 of 3,060
Well, it's been a long time coming for me... I am definitely loving the Shure sound... As for the upgrade, maybe a 535.. . but I do pride myself as a budget-fi dude, so... This Clip+ and SE215 SE rig is more than perfect for me... . :) .. .

Well my good buddy ran a clip forever with RE-Zero's then here a month back bought custom JH13 pro's and now says he wishes he had done this years ago
eek.gif
 And as the world turns he has that clip running to a Shadow and then to the JH's. Madness I tell you
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back