Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200)
Oct 23, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #812 of 3,060
What the hell is going on in here... 
Slide up a floor creeper and rest a spell... Might as well be a off-shoot of the Petrol Head Thread... All we need are a few Skyline boi's to bring the awesome sauce and maybe a Donk or two! :D

Oct 23, 2013 at 8:35 PM Post #813 of 3,060
um errr nothing?

methinks we all in here speak a similar language - be it cars, audio, outdoors, etc...

an older setup i had (e11 in the back) the 8gb ipod touch i had borrowed from my niece so officially it didnt buy it. and officially she took it back. the brainwavz were confiscated by my nephew, which were promptly confiscated by his older sister....these things!

and in the spirit on not derailing a pretty neat vibe - i can appreciate a well placed blow-off valve too. T'is not a skyline but that's not in the budget jeje

Oct 23, 2013 at 9:22 PM Post #814 of 3,060
Slide up a floor creeper and rest a spell... Might as well be a off-shoot of the Petrol Head Thread... All we need are a few Skyline boi's to bring the awesome sauce and maybe a Donk or two!
biggrin.gif

When you say Donk, do you mean one of these silly things? lol

Oct 23, 2013 at 9:42 PM Post #815 of 3,060
And a drop top to boot! Ba Donk A Donk! Looks like she's got a nice set of 38's on her. :D

Oct 23, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #816 of 3,060
  um errr nothing?

methinks we all in here speak a similar language - be it cars, audio, outdoors, etc...

an older setup i had (e11 in the back) the 8gb ipod touch i had borrowed from my niece so officially it didnt buy it. and officially she took it back. the brainwavz were confiscated by my nephew, which were promptly confiscated by his older sister....these things!

and in the spirit on not derailing a pretty neat vibe - i can appreciate a well placed blow-off valve too. T'is not a skyline but that's not in the budget jeje

Ahh man.. lovin the stance bro. And color scheme! That was my fave year STi anyway.. those and the 2.5RS's

Oct 24, 2013 at 12:07 PM Post #817 of 3,060
I see Achmed just had to find a Hoopty more jacked up than the one I posted
rolleyes.gif
 Nice looking Sti morinru
wink_face.gif
 I can say you, RochRX and I are in the same color field
biggrin.gif

Old Paint
tongue_smile.gif

As not to totally dis this thread!!

Oct 24, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #818 of 3,060
Not to rain on some of you older gearheads parade but those muscle cars from the 1960s aren't as fast as your rose colored memories. A 1987 Mustang LX could run high 13s in the quarter. That's about the same as ultra rare cars like the Hemi Cuda or Boss 429, and quicker than the more common small block cars. Just keeping things in perspective.

Oct 24, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #819 of 3,060
Not to rain on some of you older gearheads parade but those muscle cars from the 1960s aren't as fast as your rose colored memories. A 1987 Mustang LX could run high 13s in the quarter. That's about the same as ultra rare cars like the Hemi Cuda or Boss 429, and quicker than the more common small block cars. Just keeping things in perspective.

Fox Body Mustangs are a dime a dozen.  No offense, I'd rather have a 68 nova than a fox body any day (mostly due to it being a Ford).

But enough of the car talk please.  

Oct 25, 2013 at 10:28 AM Post #820 of 3,060

Fox Body Mustangs are a dime a dozen.  No offense, I'd rather have a 68 nova than a fox body any day (mostly due to it being a Ford).

But enough of the car talk please.  

THX Teke and I'll bow out on the car talk after this post. I was so wanting to tell the youngster of course they were fast but by this time that car was stripped down to a simple box with 66% of it's weight being the engine and of course they were fast but squirrely as all get out not to mention shoe box ugly. I only had my Mach 1 because it was a unique ride (and I got a killer deal on it), my heart lied in Chevy-land
wink_face.gif

On with the $200-$600 rigs fellow Head-Fi'ers
jecklinsmile.gif

Oct 25, 2013 at 12:02 PM Post #821 of 3,060
I think this will be my next budget headphone: TEAC CT-H02 and TASCAM TH-02

They're the same headphones just different naming.  I believe the oem company is the same as the ones that produced the dba-02, B2, Fischer FA-03/Digitech/NXT headphones...but dont quote me on that.

The innerfidelity review is here http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/canjam-rmaf-2013-tascam-th-02-low-cost-sealed-headphones

The measurements look amazing for a 25 dollar phone.  

Oct 25, 2013 at 2:28 PM Post #822 of 3,060
  I think this will be my next budget headphone: TEAC CT-H02 and TASCAM TH-02

They're the same headphones just different naming.  I believe the oem company is the same as the ones that produced the dba-02, B2, Fischer FA-03/Digitech/NXT headphones...but dont quote me on that.

The innerfidelity review is here http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/canjam-rmaf-2013-tascam-th-02-low-cost-sealed-headphones

The measurements look amazing for a 25 dollar phone.  

Nice, and probably blow the $200 Beats out of the water
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back