Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200)
Nov 5, 2014 at 6:23 AM Post #1,908 of 3,060
I have just received the JDS Labs Ultra Short 3.5mm interconnect cable which was ordered last week. I find it very convenient when fitted to my portable rig (Cowon C2 + Topping NX1). Here are some pics ..

JDS Labs's service is excellent and delivery was very quick (to UK). Very happy with the purchase ..

Nov 5, 2014 at 12:47 PM Post #1,909 of 3,060
Yeah this IC is great. I also got one. Kinda of a bummer with the $10 shipping for a $5 IC cable but it's ridiculously small. The whole thing is smaller than a Neutrik connector

Nov 5, 2014 at 12:58 PM Post #1,910 of 3,060
  Yeah this IC is great. I also got one. Kinda of a bummer with the $10 shipping for a $5 IC cable but it's ridiculously small. The whole thing is smaller than a Neutrik connector

Love it Kova, takes the wire management right out of the scenario
cool.gif

Nov 6, 2014 at 10:15 PM Post #1,913 of 3,060
how is the kogan compared to a sansa fuze (if you have tried one)? My nx1 & JDS labs ultra short cable are on its way. can't wait to try it with my Havi :D

Not sure about the Kogan vs sansa fuze but it's a lot better than the clip in SQ. It's also better than a DX50 IMO

Nov 6, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #1,915 of 3,060
I wonder, being as the clip+ has near perfect frequency response, extremely low distortion and low output impedance, what is this kogan player doing to audio to make it so "superior"?

Nov 6, 2014 at 11:21 PM Post #1,917 of 3,060
I wonder, being as the clip+ has near perfect frequency response, extremely low distortion and low output impedance, what is this kogan player doing to audio to make it so "superior"?

I'm not sure about "superior" or anything about those frequency response, distortion and impedance figures but IMO the Kogan just sounds better in almost everyway and by a fair margin too

Nov 6, 2014 at 11:29 PM Post #1,918 of 3,060
Assuming that the measurables are similar, I'm just wondering how the kogan measures in comparison and what factors lead to that conclusion.

Nov 6, 2014 at 11:45 PM Post #1,919 of 3,060
Assuming that the measurables are similar, I'm just wondering how the kogan measures in comparison and what factors lead to that conclusion.

I'm not sure what it is that makes one better than the other. I haven't even looked at any of the measurements from either players. They were both so cheap I just bought blindly on other people's recommendations. When I did do an A/B of the clip with the Kogan through a few of my IEMs and with the same tracks (I forget which ones now), and going backwards and forwards against each other, it wasn't even a contest. Bass, Mids, highs, soundstage and detail all went with the Kogan. Maybe someone else can enlighten us why measurements are the same yet the sound is so vastly different

Nov 7, 2014 at 10:02 AM Post #1,920 of 3,060

I'm not sure what it is that makes one better than the other. I haven't even looked at any of the measurements from either players. They were both so cheap I just bought blindly on other people's recommendations. When I did do an A/B of the clip with the Kogan through a few of my IEMs and with the same tracks (I forget which ones now), and going backwards and forwards against each other, it wasn't even a contest. Bass, Mids, highs, soundstage and detail all went with the Kogan. Maybe someone else can enlighten us why measurements are the same yet the sound is so vastly different

The two most likely reasons for perceived sound differences IMO are the following:
1. different volume levels
2. listener's bias

Users who are viewing this thread

Back