Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
May 31, 2016 at 1:43 PM Post #35,521 of 48,578
Starburp,
Sorry to hear your PS4 optical output is messed up! Extra weird that you have video distortion too (I think? Parallel distortion, you said?). PS4 does stereo audio output to USB soundcards or DACs, as long as the card doesn't need drivers :)

I totally understand getting ready to have the girlfriend move in, I did that 11 months ago! I proposed to her on moving day :wink:

The Marantz seems pretty good as an option. Already have speakers? If not, I highly recommend research into ELAC and Chane speakers. The ELACs were amazing according to my friends at recent audio events, and they (and I) have enjoyed the Chane speakers I have set up in my house.

Someone asked if the DSS or DSS2 has a line out... Not really? I think it's set up so that the amp is always making max power, then there is a resistor in-line that cuts the volume down to listening volume when you turn the volume knob. I could be wrong though. I do notice that the DSS2 can turn forever with no stop at the max or min volumes.

May 31, 2016 at 1:45 PM Post #35,522 of 48,578
  What! When? I don't have an iDevice what do I do?
I assuem it's going to be a software/FW update?

It works, I just tested a few games over the optical out and SBX works flawlessly.

Just enable it via the Android APP (I assume it has been updated as well). 

May 31, 2016 at 2:18 PM Post #35,524 of 48,578

It works, I just tested a few games over the optical out and SBX works flawlessly.

Just enable it via the Android APP (I assume it has been updated as well). 

Don't see it in the Android app yet. I guess they haven't updated it yet 
rolleyes.gif

May 31, 2016 at 6:27 PM Post #35,525 of 48,578
Hello!

What happens if i use a Tritton Decoder box (Pro+ 720+ new ones), on pc, with my regular stereo headphone? The Decoder box will actuate as an amp/dac, or just a amp?

The decoder box, are using one usb, and the optical (spdif) conection, from my pc. And my headphone are conected, on the analog output, on the decoder (3.5mm jack output).

Thank you very much,

May 31, 2016 at 10:58 PM Post #35,526 of 48,578
Hello!

What happens if i use a Tritton Decoder box (Pro+ 720+ new ones), on pc, with my regular stereo headphone? The Decoder box will actuate as an amp/dac, or just a amp?

The decoder box, are using one usb, and the optical (spdif) conection, from my pc. And my headphone are conected, on the analog output, on the decoder (3.5mm jack output).

Thank you very much,

If it's connected via usb or optical, which are digital connections, then it will be both a dac and an amp.

May 31, 2016 at 11:13 PM Post #35,527 of 48,578
What happens if i use a Tritton Decoder box (Pro+ 720+ new ones), on pc, with my regular stereo headphone?

Sparks! Explosions! Zombies eating your brains!

Or what Yethal said. It should work, at least in stereo.

Jun 1, 2016 at 3:47 AM Post #35,528 of 48,578
Since I'm going to keep my HD650 to listen to music at my work place, I guess it's time to try to find a new great headphone for gaming on my pc with the Sb X7.

I need a closed headphone, that's sure, don't want to disturb my wife too much.
I guess the fostex TH600, despite leaking a bit is ok, or the maddog one at 599$ maybe?
It'll be really for gaming and movie/tv, no music involved or really rarely.

Jun 1, 2016 at 3:51 AM Post #35,529 of 48,578
I can't vouch for the TH-600, the treble is just too hot. Why not one of the Massdrop TH-X00 (purpleheart)?

Jun 1, 2016 at 4:41 AM Post #35,530 of 48,578
Alight guys after reading online for hours I can't seem to find the best solution to this problem. 

I currently have a Woo Audio WA7 Fireflies amp and LCD-3 setup that I use for music listening now. I'm moving into an apartment with really thin walls though so I will need to use these for my movies/games as well now instead of speakers. So I will have two sources:

1. Vizio P-Series TV (will use the smart TV functionality so I can get HDR content). This TV can output audio over HDMI or Optical.
2. Windows computer.

The computer seems like the easy one since I could even do it in software if I wanted. The Smart TV is more troubling. I don't want to use a different amp as I really like my Woo amp. So what I need is something that can decode the dolby signals from the TV (Says it can do PCM, Dolby Digital 5.1, & DTS. Does it choose based on content or something else?) and output to the line level inputs on the Woo amp. I see a lot of posts about people using the headphone out as a line out but I'm hesitant about the quality degradation. Anyone have any suggestions for me?

Under $1500 is my budget.

Jun 1, 2016 at 8:23 AM Post #35,532 of 48,578
If it's connected via usb or optical, which are digital connections, then it will be both a dac and an amp.

Thank you very very much! I was so confused!

Im just wondering now, if this Tritton decoder box are better then a Fiio E10k or the SMSL2. If it is close to the quality of those, i will be very happy.

Thanks again m8, im very happy now!

Jun 1, 2016 at 9:35 AM Post #35,533 of 48,578
  Alight guys after reading online for hours I can't seem to find the best solution to this problem. 

I currently have a Woo Audio WA7 Fireflies amp and LCD-3 setup that I use for music listening now. I'm moving into an apartment with really thin walls though so I will need to use these for my movies/games as well now instead of speakers. So I will have two sources:

1. Vizio P-Series TV (will use the smart TV functionality so I can get HDR content). This TV can output audio over HDMI or Optical.
2. Windows computer.

The computer seems like the easy one since I could even do it in software if I wanted. The Smart TV is more troubling. I don't want to use a different amp as I really like my Woo amp. So what I need is something that can decode the dolby signals from the TV (Says it can do PCM, Dolby Digital 5.1, & DTS. Does it choose based on content or something else?) and output to the line level inputs on the Woo amp. I see a lot of posts about people using the headphone out as a line out but I'm hesitant about the quality degradation. Anyone have any suggestions for me?

Under $1500 is my budget.

For that money, go for the Realizer A16. You win by buying a great device, we win by having someone on this thread who can offer impressions.
  Thank you very very much! I was so confused!

Im just wondering now, if this Tritton decoder box are better then a Fiio E10k or the SMSL2. If it is close to the quality of those, i will be very happy.

Thanks again m8, im very happy now!

Probably not, however these two were designed with music in mind. The Tritton box is a gaming device first.

Jun 1, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #35,534 of 48,578
  For that money, go for the Realizer A16. You win by buying a great device, we win by having someone on this thread who can offer impressions.
Probably not, however these two were designed with music in mind. The Tritton box is a gaming device first.

Well i think thats better (maybe), then my onboard Realtek ALC898 codec. So im very happy at this moment.

Thank you again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back