Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Jun 8, 2016 at 7:50 AM Post #35,551 of 48,583
Sad to see all the mixed reviews about Catalyst. Not surprised. Yet another mediocre game from DICE has emerged because EA is now pushing multiple IPs down their throats, simultaneously. Seriously having my doubts regarding BF1. Reminds me of Ubisoft and their Montreal studio. Good developers, but under incompetent control.

/rant over

Jun 8, 2016 at 8:06 AM Post #35,552 of 48,583
Sad to see all the mixed reviews about Catalyst. Not surprised. Yet another mediocre game from DICE has emerged because EA is now pushing multiple IPs down their throats, simultaneously. Seriously having my doubts regarding BF1. Reminds me of Ubisoft and their Montreal studio. Good developers, but under incompetent control.

/rant over

Well considering Battlefield franchise has a bigger fanbase, I dont think they can mess up that badley....at least I hope not.

But yeah...sucks that EA is really pushing them hard to release everything within a short period of time.

Jun 8, 2016 at 8:19 AM Post #35,553 of 48,583
Well considering Battlefield franchise has a bigger fanbase, I dont think they can mess up that badley....at least I hope not.

But yeah...sucks that EA is really pushing them hard to release everything within a short period of time.

The franchise is really on edge after BF4's rough launch and Visceral's disappointing spin off. Not to mention the serious lack of meat and potatoes in SWBF is what has most fans skeptical about DICE, now.

If Mirrors Edge wasn't on their plate I think SWBF would have had much more to offer, honestly. Hopefully they just stick to Battlefield and Battlefront from here on out. Story driven games are not their forte, outside of Bad Company 1 and 2.

Jun 8, 2016 at 8:29 AM Post #35,554 of 48,583
The franchise is really on edge after BF4's rough launch and Visceral's disappointing spin off. Not to mention the serious lack of meat and potatoes in SWBF is what has most fans skeptical about DICE, now.

If Mirrors Edge wasn't on their plate I think SWBF would have had much more to offer, honestly. Hopefully they just stick to Battlefield and Battlefront from here on out. Story driven games are not their forte, outside of Bad Company 1 and 2.

I have to agree. But as a a Bad Company fan, I worry if they ever do release anot Bad Company game...will it be good enough?

Jun 8, 2016 at 8:37 AM Post #35,555 of 48,583
I have to agree. But as a a Bad Company fan, I worry if they ever do release anot Bad Company game...will it be good enough?

I was thinking the same thing just as I was mentioning it. Highly doubt a BC3 would meet expectations. Are the same writers even still around? If not, then no need for BF fans to keep asking for it.

Jun 8, 2016 at 9:00 AM Post #35,556 of 48,583
BTW, what are you guys looking/hoping for the most from E3? I just want the next Red Dead to be confirmed, whether it be there (since Take Two will be present) or separately by Rockstar. Nothing else really matters to me anymore.

Jun 8, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #35,557 of 48,583
BTW, what are you guys looking/hoping for the most from E3? I just want the next Red Dead to be confirmed, whether it be there (since Take Two will be present) or separately by Rockstar. Nothing else really matters to me anymore.

The Agent. Another Rockstar game, announced way back in 2007.

Jun 8, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #35,561 of 48,583
guys i already have soundblaster z with akg k612 pro,i have bought in past for all genre of gaming,now i have a 5.1 on my smart tv for single player games and movies and want buy a competitive games headphone focued...i play cs go with my team really competitive...looking for a headphone with bigger soundstage and better positional accuracy...like mad lust envy said a "purely godlike hardcore gaming headphone"...i have read a lot of review and someone in this forum said me to loking between k701 - q701 - ad700x...hd598 is like my k612 then in think there is something better for competitive only use...k612 and hd598 are more balanced for games movies and  music....i think q701 is an overkill for gaming only(k701 is cheaper and have better soundstage,but sound worst for music)...if i m right k701 and ad700x are my best pick...in my country ad700x and k701 price are the same 145 euro and q701 is 280 euro...i don t think is worth it..i ask because i m scared for headphone bumps and don t know with sbx which sound better for gaming,soundstage,positional accuracy....can someone help me???(sorry for my bad english i really hope you understand me guys

Jun 8, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #35,563 of 48,583
@Evshrug, wanted to update you on my vendetta. I ordered a Marantz SR5005 off of Ebay and it's supposed to be here on the 13th. As you may know, the X005 series was THE very last Marantz to contain Dolby Headphone. The only real differences between the 5,6, and 7 are the number of HDMIs and I believe the 7005 is able to decode FLAC. Assuming it's in "perfect working order!" I'll come back and share what I've found, compare it to what I'm using now, and IMHO if it's worth the $255.

Not a bad price, assuming it's in good working order.  I have the SR6005 and really like it.  I still use the mixamp when needing chat, but the bulk of my time is spent using the Marantz for single player gaming and movies/TV.  Enjoy!

Jun 8, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #35,564 of 48,583

Oh, so much this!  Not only do I want the next Red Dead (sequel? prequel?), I'd love for them to announce an HD remaster of Redemption too.

Jun 8, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #35,565 of 48,583
Vader2k
Using a Sabrent USB card I believe I can still get seperate chat audio and mic. I have a Behringer 802 ($60) which I'll also feed everything into. Hopefully I can get it all to work! If so it wouldn't take much for you to have a premium audio experience at all times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back