Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Jun 1, 2016 at 6:28 PM Post #35,536 of 48,583
thanks for the comment about the TH-W00, I was simply not aware of their existence ,sigh:)

They seems perfect, but I fear hard to find or buy, especially for me since I'm in Reunion island:frowning2:

You may want to take a look at these.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/e-mu-teak-headphones

Tuned a bit different, but still that yummy Fostex bass. Try sending E-MU an email to inquire about price and shipping to your region. :)

enquiry@emu.com

Edit: There is also the TH-600 or newer TH-610. Those are Fostex brand like the TH-X00 and also very similar.

Jun 3, 2016 at 12:16 AM Post #35,538 of 48,583
http://www.overclock.net/t/1601932/dt-fake-reviews-amazon-sues-merchants-for-the-first-time/0_50#post_25223580

Kind of unrelated but Amazon will start suing merchants putting in fake reviews for their products...

I wonder how that will fit into those that get the product for free for a fair review?

Although I havent seen any fake reviews for headphones and stuff, I wouldnt be surprised if some low-fi headphones from up and coming company might get a boost with their ratings through these tactics.

Jun 4, 2016 at 12:38 PM Post #35,539 of 48,583
MLE, any plans for a review of the Mixamp TR?  

I don't have any plans for anything. I've barely used my HE400 in months. The only stable and consistent headphone use is with my Koss clip ons, because they're simple and effective.

I've been out of work (and will be for another week because my company lost the contract where I worked). Last thing on my mind is audio. I had to return my Vizio P, and forego getting a new PC/Vizio M until I know my job is stable again. Had to waste vacation time on this BS time off.

So yeah, just an irritating time for me, atm.

Glad to hear the X7 has SBX through the SPDIF out. Not like 'd use it anytime soon, but it's good to know it's possible now. I'll have to update later.

Jun 4, 2016 at 1:49 PM Post #35,540 of 48,583
Sorry to hear the company is doing that yet again. Are they the only security firm in town? I'm off this week too on vacation, but I'm trying out an online "think tank/opinions panel" thing that pays. Not a job for everyone, but it could mesh well with your current job and give you some backup income on a stay at home week like this.

Speaking of having a week off, could you send me the text for your JAM and Ether C reviews, so I can add them to the beginner's guide page? Or paste them in yourself, if you feel like it.

I'm going to start posting my DSP setup videos this week too. Having some trouble re-downloading videos to my iPad so I can edit them, but I'm getting sick enough of waiting that I'm almost ready to just post them as-is.

Jun 7, 2016 at 10:54 PM Post #35,545 of 48,583
I know its not officially out yet but are there any Turtle Beach TAC impressions? I've been a little out of the loop! 
I'm pretty excited about DTS X and Dolby Atmos. 

TAC doesn't have Atmos support. Realizer A16 is the only device that can do that.

Jun 7, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #35,546 of 48,583
Hey guys, my first video for my Surround Gaming Guide is up!

[Video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8tWvX6G0yE[/Video]

Planning on doing Tuesday videos, also will announce through Twitter @evshrug and my "If I Knew Then..." Thread in my signature!

If I get enough views, maybe I can convince Turtle Beach to lend me a TAC :wink:

And Yethal...
[Size = 5]
:vulcan_tone1:[/size]​

Jun 8, 2016 at 1:31 AM Post #35,548 of 48,583
Evshrug, wanted to update you on my vendetta. I ordered a Marantz SR5005 off of Ebay and it's supposed to be here on the 13th. As you may know, the X005 series was THE very last Marantz to contain Dolby Headphone. The only real differences between the 5,6, and 7 are the number of HDMIs and I believe the 7005 is able to decode FLAC. Assuming it's in "perfect working order!" I'll come back and share what I've found, compare it to what I'm using now, and IMHO if it's worth the $255.

Jun 8, 2016 at 6:16 AM Post #35,550 of 48,583
Evshrug, wanted to update you on my vendetta. I ordered a Marantz SR5005 off of Ebay and it's supposed to be here on the 13th. As you may know, the X005 series was THE very last Marantz to contain Dolby Headphone. The only real differences between the 5,6, and 7 are the number of HDMIs and I believe the 7005 is able to decode FLAC. Assuming it's in "perfect working order!" I'll come back and share what I've found, compare it to what I'm using now, and IMHO if it's worth the $255.

Are you currently using a Sound Blaster X7? That's really the comparison I'd like to see.

Keep us in the loop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back