Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Feb 5, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #34,066 of 48,578
  Hi guys anyone can reccomend me a good gaming headphones good in vocal sector and bass not too deep ? 

Depends on your budget. Maybe the 650? It has some of the best micro detail and resolution I've heard out of good amps. Vocals are it's strong suit, slightly prefer the 650's vocals to my LCD-2's. The only issue with the 650 is it has higher distortion in the lower bass and it can be a flip sloppy which can be fixed with mods. It has better imaging than all of the AKG's.

What is your issue with deep bass? it makes the music more complete, elevated mid bass is more of an issue in some headphones. I also recommend the K612 on a lower budget. Better soundstage in the sense it's more cohesive.

Feb 5, 2016 at 1:27 PM Post #34,067 of 48,578
Hey, does anyone have a mini XLR cable, about four feet, with an angled 3.5mm termination?

I figure someone here should have one, with all these AKG fans here. Pm me with details and price. I'm looking for something ~$30.

Thanks!

Feb 5, 2016 at 5:43 PM Post #34,068 of 48,578
Wish I could help ya out shuto. I sold my coiled AKG cable a few weeks back for cheap. Good luck and keep an eye on the classifieds.

Feb 5, 2016 at 8:14 PM Post #34,070 of 48,578
Yes, will do. 

This was the second place I hit after the classifieds. 

If I want something custom made, I have to pay $50-65. Considering how common the mini XLR connection is, I'm assuming that shouldn't be necessary and that they shouldn't be hard to find. 

The good thing with these Beyers is that the cable isn't super thick, like a Fostex or HIFIMAN, so it's not too bulky to tie up, so I'll live for a few weeks until something pops up. 

Feb 6, 2016 at 9:13 PM Post #34,072 of 48,578
I was all set on the Fidelio X2 for gaming with a vmoda mod mic, but I've been reading terrible things about quality control issues. Can anyone recommend a better or similar option. Price under $500
i just picked up pair from amazon wharehouse for $150. Pads are glued on but sonically they are excellent. With amazons 30day return policy i say worth a shot. I think the issues have been overblown imo. For $150 i can live with glued pads

Feb 6, 2016 at 9:19 PM Post #34,073 of 48,578
i just picked up pair from amazon wharehouse for $150. Pads are glued on but sonically they are excellent. With amazons 30day return policy i say worth a shot. I think the issues have been overblown imo. For $150 i can live with glued pads

I was all set on the Fidelio X2 for gaming with a vmoda mod mic, but I've been reading terrible things about quality control issues. Can anyone recommend a better or similar option. Price under $500
if you are concerned just buy a used pair that has woox on the bottom of the box those are pre Gibson

Feb 6, 2016 at 10:22 PM Post #34,074 of 48,578

Think of it as if purchasing an X2 for the price of an X1........

Or we should call these new X2s, the X2.1 or X1.2 ( just because of the glued pads lol)

Also, if I recall, someone in here said that last year, when they were trying to get replacement pads for their X2s.....they mentioned that they were not making or selling X2 pads anymore.

Not sure if that is or was true before the change of Mnftr but as long as the new X2s sound exactly as the old X2s and dont have leaking dye.......

Ill be purchasing a new pair later this year on Black Friday for 150 dollars (lol JK i dont know if they will cost that by BF but my crystal ball says it could be a possibility, especially since I was right about the 200 dollar mark price of a recent lightning deal.... :p)

Feb 6, 2016 at 10:29 PM Post #34,075 of 48,578
Think of it as if purchasing an X2 for the price of an X1........

Or we should call these new X2s, the X2.1 or X1.2 ( just because of the glued pads lol)

Also, if I recall, someone in here said that last year, when they were trying to get replacement pads for their X2s.....they mentioned that they were not making or selling X2 pads anymore.

Not sure if that is or was true before the change of Mnftr but as long as the new X2s sound exactly as the old X2s and dont have leaking dye.......

Ill be purchasing a new pair later this year on Black Friday for 150 dollars (lol JK i dont know if they will cost that by BF but my crystal ball says it could be a possibility, especially since I was right about the 200 dollar mark price of a recent lightning deal.... :p)
im happy with mine, $155. Down to $136 now lol

Feb 6, 2016 at 11:37 PM Post #34,078 of 48,578
I'd recomend taking a shot on the X2's as well.  When you consider the price, fact it can be driven off a mixamp and the size of the soundstage combined with a bassy signature I'm not sure there's anything else under 300 dollars that truly competes.  I've only tested them never owned but I was impressed.  

Maybe K7XX/712s in terms of price/perf.

Feb 7, 2016 at 12:00 AM Post #34,079 of 48,578
I've been using my X2s exclusively for gaming and am very happy with them. Mine are the dreaded Gibson model, lol. They sound and look perfect! The extra bass is very nice when called upon. I am powering them from Creative G5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back