Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Feb 8, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #34,097 of 48,583
Yeah, it's very a much a wear all day kind of headphone.... as long as you try and put some form of padding on the bare headband. I had to tear up a sock and use black mechnaical tape, hahaha.

It's like $38 on Amazon now, and I'd say if you want an wireless headset that sounds decent and not muffled/boomy/messy, go for it. I realluy like it for the price and uses. Just remember it's stereo only.

I use the JAM more than my HE400 and KSC75 combined. I don't use the Jam for gaming because no virtual surround. Last time I bought a 3.5mm to bluetooth adapter that I hooked up to the X7, the adapter sounded piss poor.

Spoilers. :p

Feb 8, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #34,098 of 48,583
Well it looks like the attention I brought up sold out 75% of the Amazon warehouse deals on the Fidelio X2 :wink:
The price is now close to $200. I found a WOOX pair on eBay for $200 with 100 percent seller feedback and free returns. He claims they are new but open box. We shall see.

Feb 8, 2016 at 4:02 PM Post #34,099 of 48,583
Well it looks like the attention I brought up sold out 75% of the Amazon warehouse deals on the Fidelio X2
wink.gif

The price is now close to $200. I found a WOOX pair on eBay for $200 with 100 percent seller feedback and free returns. He claims they are new but open box. We shall see.

It was posted on SlickDeals earlier today and the majority sold minutes after the deal made the front page.

Feb 8, 2016 at 4:34 PM Post #34,101 of 48,583
Yeah, it's very a much a wear all day kind of headphone.... as long as you try and put some form of padding on the bare headband. I had to tear up a sock and use black mechnaical tape, hahaha.

It's like $38 on Amazon now, and I'd say if you want an wireless headset that sounds decent and not muffled/boomy/messy, go for it. I realluy like it for the price and uses. Just remember it's stereo only.

I use the JAM more than my HE400 and KSC75 combined. I don't use the Jam for gaming because no virtual surround. Last time I bought a 3.5mm to bluetooth adapter that I hooked up to the X7, the adapter sounded piss poor.

Spoilers.
tongue.gif

I think it does have a creative driver and you can use it via the USB cable...it has stereo virtual surround too...read the manual

Feb 8, 2016 at 4:42 PM Post #34,102 of 48,583
Oh, I touched upon that on my review (you're getting ahead of my review :p ), but stereo surround is...icky and doesn't work anywhere near as good as true virtual surround.

Feb 8, 2016 at 7:39 PM Post #34,104 of 48,583
Hitting home stretch in the JAM review. I wrote a LOT more than I expected. Guess I wanted to make sure it wasn't a throw away review, lol. Damn, I better finish tonight. At least the rough draft. I can edit later.

Feb 9, 2016 at 2:35 AM Post #34,106 of 48,583
if you don't need isolation there is no need to go closed 

immersion is something subjective, Some like overblown bass to feel as if bombs are dropped at ear height, directly into the canal (though I believe all of them will change with more experience), some want outstanding "hear through" qualities with low bass levels and still feel immersed (Rainbow 6 Siege), however I still believe that there are some decisive objective factors or a good base:

good extension into both ways, out of the your head soundstage, low distortion and a decent setup to connect them to. 
Something like the K7XX/K712, X2, HE-400S, TH-X00, or a T1V1 for 400 bucks.

I like the HD800 series most because they don't blink at all whatever you throw at them (well, maybe you blink, cringe and wink when the Black Metal Gods shove their pickaxe through your nostrils out of your ears) while giving the largest and most defined soundstage, with huge detail and great extension but the setups they need are already expensive on a base level. 

Having had tons of headphones so far, the TH-900 (which after all is not closed) and the HD800 they both proved to me that isolation is not the greatest contributor.

Feb 9, 2016 at 3:46 AM Post #34,107 of 48,583
Very nice post Fege. 

Which do you recommend as best closed-headphones gaming?  I'm leaning towards DT770 PRO's at the moment. 

Btw, any value in upgrading my onboard sound (pretty good -AL889) to a soundcard (creative z series are good for gaming immersion/surrodung feel) ? 

Feb 9, 2016 at 4:36 AM Post #34,108 of 48,583
well, I liked the DT770 Limited Anniversary Edition 32 Ohm the most as it had the least bass bloat. Supposedly the Studio Legend 32 Ohm version is the same, just non-limited.
DT770 Pro has the highest clamp and most bass bloat. Do you totally need isolation?

The SBZ has around 20 Ohm output impedance so the bass bloat probably "enhances". Does your onboard sound have Dolby Home Theater or Sonic Soundstage? You could save up for the BlasterX G5 and buy it at a deal and use the aforementioned in the meanwhile. With 2,2 Ohm output impedance it will not stay in the way and incite a FR change. 

Feb 9, 2016 at 9:57 AM Post #34,109 of 48,583
Honestly, unless you're constantly next to someone, I don't see why anyone looks so hard for total isolation. Even a closed headphone with bad isolation, or a 'closed' headphone with ports that allow sound to escape (TH900) will do fine in keeping sound around you and not throughtout the whole house.

Hell, even open headphones won't be a bother if you're in a room with the door closed. Planars may penetrate doors though.

Feb 9, 2016 at 2:27 PM Post #34,110 of 48,583

Spoilers. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back