Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Feb 3, 2016 at 11:31 PM Post #34,056 of 48,583
I hope you arent being serious.............

The HD280s were my first serious headphone. They were awful - so uncomfortable. Even with a stretch. That was in 2006.

Someone in the metal thread recommended them as a low-cost option, and I had to shut it down.

So it was an inside joke with anyone who's ever worn those headphones.

Rant over.

Feb 3, 2016 at 11:47 PM Post #34,057 of 48,583
I need some advice regarding using a USB Snowball Mic connected to the PS4 along with a 2014 Mixamp Pro. Will the Snowball and Mixamp work fine together both connected via USB to PS4? I'm wanting to try a different mic setup that isn't connected through the Mixamp because the Mixamp seems to noticeably degrade mic quality compared to even connecting directly to the DS4 controller.

Connect both, in adjust devices menu set input to the mic and output to the mixamp.

Feb 4, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #34,058 of 48,583
The HD280 probably fractured my skull when I borrowed it for a few days.

Feb 4, 2016 at 10:01 PM Post #34,059 of 48,583
The HD280s were my first serious headphone. They were awful - so uncomfortable. Even with a stretch. That was in 2006.

Someone in the metal thread recommended them as a low-cost option, and I had to shut it down.

So it was an inside joke with anyone who's ever worn those headphones.

Rant over.

my sarcasm detector has not been fully optimized as of late......sleepless nights can cause this lol

Shoot, I hardly remember typing what I said :p

Staying up late at night is worse than being drunk and falling asleep and then waking up with a hang over
confused_face_2.gif

Feb 4, 2016 at 11:40 PM Post #34,061 of 48,583
Hi guys anyone can reccomend me a good gaming headphones good in vocal sector and bass not too deep ? 

Read the first post of this thread.

Feb 5, 2016 at 1:30 AM Post #34,062 of 48,583
Read the first post of this thread.

lol easiest answer for an easy question.

But seriously, do people actually read the first page?

MLE should maybe make a heading with HUGE letters telling newcomers to read the first page first, as well to read the reviews for each headphone. A lot of people want easy answers but there really is no easy answer. Also, by reading all the reviews you will also learn a lot of new things of which you could probably ask questions, or by using google as well.

Once thats done, asking more detailed questions about a specific headphone would probably get you a more detailed answer as well.

Feb 5, 2016 at 4:35 AM Post #34,064 of 48,583
lol easiest answer for an easy question.

But seriously, do people actually read the first page?

MLE should maybe make a heading with HUGE letters telling newcomers to read the first page first, as well to read the reviews for each headphone. A lot of people want easy answers but there really is no easy answer. Also, by reading all the reviews you will also learn a lot of new things of which you could probably ask questions, or by using google as well.

Once thats done, asking more detailed questions about a specific headphone would probably get you a more detailed answer as well.

I run a facebook group about ps4. The pinned post has a "read the group rules" written in all caps. Doesn't help. I know da feel.

Feb 5, 2016 at 4:55 AM Post #34,065 of 48,583
One of you OG Hifiman gamers need to buy my screw-on Boompro adapter, please! I no longer need it since I am getting my X00's connectors switched to 2.5mm (which I already have one for). I promise you will be happy using your HFMs with the BoomPro. I know I am!

That means you, Mud Lasthole Envious

Users who are viewing this thread

Back