Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Apr 15, 2015 at 1:39 AM Post #30,316 of 48,578
  Hahah actually just had another listen to the TH-900 and it Jedi level, while the COP is a storm trooper at best. :p
Oh by the way, I was powering the TH-900 and COP from Asus Essence One MUSES Edition with the SPL Phonitor and 50wrms balance Beta22.

How do you like the beta22?  I was thinking of building one...

Apr 15, 2015 at 2:24 AM Post #30,317 of 48,578
Congrats. If it's through UPS or FedEx (or whatever is in your location,) you may be able to call ahead and have it held at their stores instead of having to be there for the delivery.
Thx buddy. My worries were about my wife opened up the box and find out the receipt lol But Razordog told me that they don't send the receipt since Ebay e-mails it lol

Apr 15, 2015 at 2:30 AM Post #30,318 of 48,578

How do you like the beta22?  I was thinking of building one...

I do feel it a very underrated amp, I think due to the fact that it DIY. Example the GSX MKII is highly regarded as the best SS amp but it simply a balance dynalo, a dynamite (balance dynahi is better in my opinion, moar power) is not mention much because it a DIY only amp.
I did some extensive research on both the Beta22 and Dynamite before deciding on which amp to get.
Ended with the Beta22 because it so flexible it can drive speakers (Great for HE-6) and has insane amount of power. The Dynamite was design for high impedance headphone. I have headphone of all different impedance so it was a no brainer.
Also, before I went amp hunting I was researching for the best amp for the HD800 because I wanted speaker like soundstage. Beta22 kept popping up. IMO of all the amp I tested, the beta22 offered the widest soundstage.

Apr 15, 2015 at 2:35 AM Post #30,319 of 48,578
  I do feel it a very underrated amp, I think due to the fact that it DIY. Example the GSX MKII is highly regarded as the best SS amp but it simply a balance dynalo, a dynamite (balance dynahi is better in my opinion, moar power) is not mention much because it a DIY only amp.
I did some extensive research on both the Beta22 and Dynamite before deciding on which amp to get.
Ended with the Beta22 because it so flexible it can drive speakers (Great for HE-6) and has insane amount of power. The Dynamite was design for high impedance headphone. I have headphone of all different impedance so it was a no brainer.
Also, before I went amp hunting I was researching for the best amp for the HD800 because I wanted speaker like soundstage. Beta22 kept popping up. IMO of all the amp I tested, the beta22 offered the widest soundstage.

Thanks, appreciate the info.  I'm definitely considering it for my next DIY project.  Right now I'm working on modding my Adcom DAC.  DIY is way more fun once you're done hunting down all the dang parts...

Apr 15, 2015 at 4:13 AM Post #30,322 of 48,578
Dam, now I want own one lol

This is your new plan now. No turning back now. Start selling. 
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 15, 2015 at 4:38 AM Post #30,323 of 48,578
Thanks, appreciate the info.  I'm definitely considering it for my next DIY project.  Right now I'm working on modding my Adcom DAC.  DIY is way more fun once you're done hunting down all the dang parts...

Didn't you stopped by Zashoomin table at Canjam socal 2015.
Because Ben bought his balance beta22 to the meet.

Apr 15, 2015 at 5:00 AM Post #30,324 of 48,578
Yea man, the Superlux HD668Bs are epic for only $30 on Massdrop.  I also upgraded headphones, to the Philips Fidelio X1s, as much as I love the X1s and how amazing they are, I ultimately came away impressed with how good a $30 pair of cans can sound.

Yea there great for only £30 my q701s cost £200 and although there better when you take the price into consideration I would pick the superlux all day long

Apr 15, 2015 at 10:26 AM Post #30,325 of 48,578
If you're young and got lots of love to give. Why not visit the sperm bank? You got nothing to lose, except your DNA

Good luck if the woman doesnt go back to you asking for child support lol. You do know that can still happen, legally, even if you signed all that paper work...

Not sure if that would be worth it for headphones

Id rather work thanks lol

Apr 15, 2015 at 3:09 PM Post #30,326 of 48,578
Good luck if the woman doesnt go back to you asking for child support lol. You do know that can still happen, legally, even if you signed all that paper work...

Not sure if that would be worth it for headphones

Id rather work thanks lol

Donating plasma still works! As long as no one tries to clone you from it or something and come back to you for child support.

Apr 15, 2015 at 4:42 PM Post #30,327 of 48,578
Didn't you stopped by Zashoomin table at Canjam socal 2015.
Because Ben bought his balance beta22 to the meet.

I missed his table amongst all the hubbub.  I saw a LOT of stuff at CanJam and I'm *still* regretting some stuff that I missed.

Apr 15, 2015 at 5:44 PM Post #30,329 of 48,578
  ESO confirmed not cross-platform between consoles and PC. Boo.

I'm pretty sure FFXIV is the only one that's cross-platform...

Apr 15, 2015 at 6:49 PM Post #30,330 of 48,578
I read somewhere that there is a promotion for PC users to get the console version for $20 and be able to copy their character over.

Streaming some Mortal Kombat X story mode if anyone wants to check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back