Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Apr 17, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #30,346 of 48,583

There's an issue with clip-on mics, though. I've had times where the clip-on mic ends up underneath my shirt collar and it muffles my voice. Or if I move around and rub the mic against my clothing it makes a wonderful metallic sound that I'm sure you've probably heard when gaming with me. A ModMic is much more convenient to use. Plus they use a 3M adhesive which is easy to remove without residue when you go to sell the headphone eventually.

Given that there's a nice big obvious mounting plane there, I withdraw my comments.  But I still hold that I wouldn't mount it to the grill of one of the most well-regarded summit-fi headphones available.  When you can significantly change the sound by adding a tiny bit of fluff to the back wall of the ear cups, I wouldn't risk it...

Apr 17, 2015 at 3:11 PM Post #30,347 of 48,583
I never had an issue with the ModMic blocking sound for the left side of my Q701. The same should be true for both Sennheiser models you mentioned.

That said, the HD800 has a flat area towards the rear of the heapdhone just behind the open center grill. You could mount the ModMic there. The ModMic's boom shouldn't have any issue reaching from there. The HD700 has a similar flat area that would be great for mounting.

square_louped_hd_800_01_sq_high_end_sennheiser.png

41XoulU95pL._SY355_.jpg

Thank your for this, I wasn't sure if the mic would be long enough to reach from the point to the from and reach near my mouth. If so this will be amazing and I will not need to worry about some sound change from a mod mic now.

Apr 17, 2015 at 3:12 PM Post #30,348 of 48,583

Given that there's a nice big obvious mounting plane there, I withdraw my comments.  But I still hold that I wouldn't mount it to the grill of one of the most well-regarded summit-fi headphones available.  When you can significantly change the sound by adding a tiny bit of fluff to the back wall of the ear cups, I wouldn't risk it...

I too wouldn't mount it to the grill. But with the HD800 as a gaming headphone I'd probably feel the need to game using my Shure SM7B as a gaming mic. :p

Apr 17, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #30,349 of 48,583
Thank your for this, I wasn't sure if the mic would be long enough to reach from the point to the from and reach near my mouth. If so this will be amazing and I will not need to worry about some sound change from a mod mic now.

If you look at how I had the ModMic set up on my Q701 I had plenty of space on the back end. In this photo I've bent it twice and the mic rested just to the left of my mouth. This was a gen 2 (or maybe 1) ModMic and I think the new one has a slightly longer boom in addition to a better mic.

Apr 17, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #30,350 of 48,583
I'm going to be streaming on my Twitch channel a lot more often once summer roles around, guys (I will be out of work and school for a couple months). I will try to be more engaging and funny as I was during my first stream, ever, so more followers and support will be much appreciated!

Apr 17, 2015 at 6:50 PM Post #30,352 of 48,583
Apr 17, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #30,354 of 48,583
If you don't like Battlefield, this may not be the Star Wars you want. I was pretty bummed about the whole no campaign thing, at first, but that just means DICE was given extra time for what they specialize in. Will be interesting...

Apr 17, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #30,355 of 48,583
The Dark side is where the power is at muahaha

No, the Dark side takes your money and releases an unfinished, overhyped game that takes 8 months to be playable and still has game-breaking bugs.  Then asks for more money for DLC before what you already paid for is fixed.

Apr 17, 2015 at 7:18 PM Post #30,356 of 48,583
No, the Dark side takes your money and releases an unfinished, overhyped game that takes 8 months to be playable and still has game-breaking bugs.  Then asks for more money for DLC before what you already paid for is fixed.

Hasn't that become the norm for 90% of today's AAA titles?

Apr 17, 2015 at 7:20 PM Post #30,357 of 48,583
Hasn't that become the norm for 90% of today's AAA titles?

Certainly with most of EA's AAA titles.  I'll wait for reviews on this one.  Pre-ordering these days is for suckers.

Apr 17, 2015 at 7:28 PM Post #30,358 of 48,583
EA, Ubisoft, Activision, Microsoft, Sony, the list goes on. Sad that these are the companies with a current choke hold on today's gaming industry.

I pre-order limited editions and such, and even games I really want and like. I'll be that sucker, going on about my day without a care. Complaining never got me anywhere in life.

Apr 17, 2015 at 7:36 PM Post #30,359 of 48,583

Thats why you never pay Full Retail price from them, ever lol

Although I do hope they learned their lesson now....I hope and use the same netcode from BF4 CTE.

Apr 17, 2015 at 7:42 PM Post #30,360 of 48,583
No campaign and BF mechanics ensure that I won't even touch the game. Two biggest no nos for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back