Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Apr 15, 2015 at 6:54 PM Post #30,331 of 48,583
I read somewhere that there is a promotion for PC users to get the console version for $20 and be able to copy their character over.

Streaming some Mortal Kombat X story mode if anyone wants to check it out.

That's only if you owned the PC version before like June 2014.  It'll copy your character but their progress will diverge from there.

Apr 15, 2015 at 7:29 PM Post #30,332 of 48,583
Axel, didn't you pick yours up when it first released?

Edit: maybe a good opportunity or maybe not, depending how you look at it?

Apr 16, 2015 at 9:41 PM Post #30,334 of 48,583
[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTidn2dBYbY#t=64[/VIDEO]

I'm so hyped for this movie. GAH!

Apr 17, 2015 at 1:02 AM Post #30,337 of 48,583
This needs to be turned into a PS4 game. Like now.

The last Double Dragon game had a very similar feel. Far Cry: Blood Dragon did as well.

Apr 17, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #30,339 of 48,583
I just wanted to say thank you for all the effort you've put into this guide.  It has been pivotal in my decision making process.  I decided to pull the trigger on the AKG K712 Pro.  I can't wait till it arrives next week.  I'll be pairing that with the Antlion Audio Modmic 4.0 Omni Muted because I don't think the AKG K712 Pro would be compatible with the V-Moda BoomPro.   I already have a ASUS Xonar DGX soundcard, and I plan on getting a Schiit DAC and AMP.  Would the magni 2 and modi 2 do these headphones justice?  Anyways,  Thanks again for all the hard work you've put into this.  This thread is meantioned many times on various Amazon reviews, so you're really helping a lot of people make good, well informed purchases that won't leave them with buyers remorse.

Apr 17, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #30,340 of 48,583
  I just wanted to say thank you for all the effort you've put into this guide.  It has been pivotal in my decision making process.  I decided to pull the trigger on the AKG K712 Pro.  I can't wait till it arrives next week.  I'll be pairing that with the Antlion Audio Modmic 4.0 Omni Muted because I don't think the AKG K712 Pro would be compatible with the V-Moda BoomPro.   I already have a ASUS Xonar DGX soundcard, and I plan on getting a Schiit DAC and AMP.  Would the magni 2 and modi 2 do these headphones justice?  Anyways,  Thanks again for all the hard work you've put into this.  This thread is meantioned many times on various Amazon reviews, so you're really helping a lot of people make good, well informed purchases that won't leave them with buyers remorse.

The Boom pro is not compatible out of the box but you can get an adapter made that will make it work. I have read that the adapter is around $20.

Let me know if you need the website as I still have it saved i think.

Apr 17, 2015 at 2:35 PM Post #30,341 of 48,583
I already ordered the Antlion, but thank you for the info.  I didn't even think that there might be an adapter available.  After listening to some recording comparisons I think I'll be very satisfied with the antlion.  The Boom Pro is also currently sold out on Amazon.  I know there are other places to shop, but I'd rather deal with Amazon if I can.

Apr 17, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #30,342 of 48,583
I have a question for anyone that has used a mod mix with an open headphone. I will soon own an HD800 or 700 and am looking to attrach a mod mic. As there seems to be only 1 place to place the mic (which is dead center of the driver covering that little air opening) does this placement change the sound at all seeing as air is restricted from passing through as freely?

Apr 17, 2015 at 2:55 PM Post #30,343 of 48,583
I have a question for anyone that has used a mod mix with an open headphone. I will soon own an HD800 or 700 and am looking to attrach a mod mic. As there seems to be only 1 place to place the mic (which is dead center of the driver covering that little air opening) does this placement change the sound at all seeing as air is restricted from passing through as freely?

Personally, I wouldn't put a mod mic on a headphone as expensive and finnicky as the HD800.  I'd get a clip-on mic and attach it to the cable, or just get a desktop USB mic.  

For the HD700, I'm not too impressed with the sound anyways, so I wouldn't be worried about negatively affecting it.  

YMMV as always.

Apr 17, 2015 at 2:55 PM Post #30,344 of 48,583

I never had an issue with the ModMic blocking sound for the left side of my Q701. The same should be true for both Sennheiser models you mentioned.

That said, the HD800 has a flat area towards the rear of the heapdhone just behind the open center grill. You could mount the ModMic there. The ModMic's boom shouldn't have any issue reaching from there. The HD700 has a similar flat area that would be great for mounting.

square_louped_hd_800_01_sq_high_end_sennheiser.png

41XoulU95pL._SY355_.jpg

Apr 17, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #30,345 of 48,583

Personally, I wouldn't put a mod mic on a headphone as expensive and finnicky as the HD800.  I'd get a clip-on mic and attach it to the cable, or just get a desktop USB mic.  

For the HD700, I'm not too impressed with the sound anyways, so I wouldn't be worried about negatively affecting it.  

YMMV as always.

There's an issue with clip-on mics, though. I've had times where the clip-on mic ends up underneath my shirt collar and it muffles my voice. Or if I move around and rub the mic against my clothing it makes a wonderful metallic sound that I'm sure you've probably heard when gaming with me. A ModMic is much more convenient to use. Plus they use a 3M adhesive which is easy to remove without residue when you go to sell the headphone eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back