Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Jul 25, 2020 at 8:21 AM Post #44,866 of 48,568
Well, you can deinite do better than the KSC75X. It's not perfect. It's just really good for the price, plus the personal comfort, and weight are big for me.

It's not like I would tell everytone to get rid of everything for the KSC75X. Thatr's a personal choice. When I play Warzone, I don't use the KSC75X, I use the 6XX for instance. And perhaps I should be using the LCD-1 instead of the 6XX, but I'm too lazy to take it back out of the box. It's more revealing though and probably better suited for competitive games compared to the 6XX.

My priorities are comfort FIRST. Sound second. You may not have the same. This is why KSC75X is so high for me. Comfort for me is better than any fullsize headphone.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2020 at 8:44 AM Post #44,867 of 48,568
Well, you can deinite do better than the KSC75X. It's not perfect. It's just really good for the price, plus the personal comfort, and weight are big for me.

It's not like I would tell everytone to get rid of everything for the KSC75X. Thatr's a personal choice. When I play Warzone, I don't use the KSC75X, I use the 6XX for instance. And perhaps I should be using the LCD-1 instead of the 6XX, but I'm too lazy to take it back out of the box. It's more revealing though and probably better suited for competitive games compared to the 6XX.

My priorities are comfort FIRST. Sound second. You may not have the same. This is why KSC75X is so high for me. Comfort for me is better than any fullsize headphone.
Does mixamp when you playing console have amp to drive 6xx?

Gamers, can anyone tell 3 best closed back headphones? Under 1000$. Better about 500$. Unfortunately I can’t take open back because my wife. So all in all only closed back for gaming

And another question.
What Dac+Amp or AMP will be better in sound quality (not virtual surround sound,just standard 2.0) vs creative g6? In +- same price. Because I need amp headphone when playing ps4. Because PS4 amp(dac+amp) need to have optical in. What will be better than G6?

Jul 25, 2020 at 1:54 PM Post #44,868 of 48,568
Does mixamp when you playing console have amp to drive 6xx?
Gamers, can anyone tell 3 best closed back headphones? Under 1000$. Better about 500$. Unfortunately I can’t take open back because my wife. So all in all only closed back for gaming
And another question.
What Dac+Amp or AMP will be better in sound quality (not virtual surround sound,just standard 2.0) vs creative g6? In +- same price. Because I need amp headphone when playing ps4. Because PS4 amp(dac+amp) need to have optical in. What will be better than G6?
In general, I would say no (for the Mix-amp), or at least it would be a low volume.
Also might depend on which version of the Mix-amp is being used.
For consoles, I would go for the Creative Labs G6.

Jul 25, 2020 at 2:07 PM Post #44,869 of 48,568
In general, I would say no (for the Mix-amp), or at least it would be a low volume.
Also might depend on which version of the Mix-amp is being used.
For consoles, I would go for the Creative Labs G6.
Thanks, and if I want only amp with optical connection without any virtual surround sound, to amp not very heavy headphones what alternatives of G6?

Jul 27, 2020 at 9:40 PM Post #44,871 of 48,568
Thanks, and if I want only amp with optical connection without any virtual surround sound, to amp not very heavy headphones what alternatives of G6?
Not really seeing any DAC/amp better, for a given price, for use with a gaming console, then the Creative Labs Sound BlasterX G6.
Just set the G6 to stereo (2.0) audio.

Jul 28, 2020 at 12:51 PM Post #44,873 of 48,568
Is someone playing games with IEMs? Or full headphones always be better against IEMs in terms of gaming?
for example: Andromeda vs Fostex th-x00

Good question. I sometimes game with IEMs. I don't have anything hi-fi, but the Fiio EX1ii I own have a very open sound for an IEM. The right ear tips are key though. Most IEMs need a great seal to provide any bass. For me, this usually requires foam ear tips from Comply. The Comply tips work great, but they can tend to seal too well, and block out almost all external noise. Unlike a full-size headphone, for me this tends to be fatiguing after a couple of hours. I like the Fiio because I can get a decent seal with the silicone tips to get enough bass, and it doesn't feel like I have earplugs in. I do still prefer using open back cans for any sort of FPS gaming.

The problem with earbuds is there is not really a good mic solution to go with them. For this, I found a cheap frame for a head worn mic on amazon, and zip tied my modmic wireless to it. The magnet on the modmic also keeps the rear secured to the head worn frame. It works and it's easy to undo when I want to attach the mic to my full size cans. I've attached a pic of the modmic mounted to the head worn frame. The mount is actually not bothersome to wear.

Attachments

• Modmic Mount.jpg
    Modmic Mount.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Jul 28, 2020 at 1:03 PM Post #44,874 of 48,568
Is someone playing games with IEMs? Or full headphones always be better against IEMs in terms of gaming?
for example: Andromeda vs Fostex th-x00
This is something I've been wondering recently as well. One of the advantages of iem is the passive noise reduction, which means you should be able to hear details better assuming you aren't in a perfectly quiet environment. And the audio processing seems like what is responsible for a lot of spatial information anyway, rather than the headphone choice. So perhaps it is overlooked as a good gaming option.

Jul 28, 2020 at 6:41 PM Post #44,876 of 48,568
Considering IEMs bypass the outer ear, spatial cues may not work properly.
May you write more about it? With full headphones it’s more natural to hear sound?
I understand that IEMs firstly to outdoors and second is isolation.And some IEMsmale so good sound, but it’s better to use full headphones for gaming?

Jul 28, 2020 at 10:49 PM Post #44,877 of 48,568
May you write more about it? With full headphones it’s more natural to hear sound?
I understand that IEMs firstly to outdoors and second is isolation.And some IEMsmale so good sound, but it’s better to use full headphones for gaming?
The outer ear is shaped the way it is so that you can have directionality from the way sounds are gathered and reflected into the ear canal. HRTF attempts to simulate this. So how well the IEM can project these cues can be an issue. I find it a lot easier to find directionality with headphones than IEMs.

Jul 29, 2020 at 10:38 AM Post #44,878 of 48,568
The outer ear is shaped the way it is so that you can have directionality from the way sounds are gathered and reflected into the ear canal. HRTF attempts to simulate this. So how well the IEM can project these cues can be an issue. I find it a lot easier to find directionality with headphones than IEMs.

What about a planar IEM like the Monolith M350 or the Audeze iSINE? Would those offer any benefit to directional and spatial awareness over a traditional IEM?

Jul 29, 2020 at 11:34 AM Post #44,879 of 48,568
Considering IEMs bypass the outer ear, spatial cues may not work properly.

Spatial cues from your pinnae require the sounds source to be placed naturally around the listener in space (consider multi-channel loudspeakers). With headphones, when the transducer is right on the ear, you will get very little positional cues from your outer ears (transducer in fixed unnatural location, not where the sound is coming from originally).

Jul 29, 2020 at 11:36 AM Post #44,880 of 48,568
Spatial cues from your pinnae require the sounds source to be placed naturally around the listener in space (consider multi-channel loudspeakers). With headphones, when the transducer is right on the ear, you will get very little positional cues from your outer ears (transducer in fixed unnatural location, not where the sound is coming from originally).
So full headphones in sound quality have benefits against IEMs or not?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back