Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Jul 22, 2020 at 8:04 AM Post #44,836 of 48,562
No, I didn't rename anything. Did you disabled / disconnected the SPDIF out? that's weird that you didn't see it in the Sound Control Panel. I see it for my X3, but it won't let me configure the speakers, so it's always at Stereo. Maybe you need to connect to the SPDIF output of your G6 in order to see it?

No, it's not disabled else I would see it as well.
And it's always connected, just tested it and my optical out is working fine.

Do others with the G6 see two output devices in control panel?

Jul 22, 2020 at 8:20 AM Post #44,837 of 48,562
No, only one and I'm using optical to BF2 as usual.

LCD-GX vs. Arya. Arya any day. Bigger, more open sound, better positioning, airier.

Jul 22, 2020 at 8:21 AM Post #44,838 of 48,562
No, it's not disabled else I would see it as well.
And it's always connected, just tested it and my optical out is working fine.

Do others with the G6 see two output devices in control panel?

Yea, if any others have the G6 can chime in would help a lot.

LCD-GX vs. Arya. Arya any day. Bigger, more open sound, better positioning, airier.

Nice, so I guess I bought the right headphones for gaming (well besides music). I was gonna get the HD800S but after seeing reviews of the Arya, i got it instead.

I"m just waiting for my SMSL SP200 Amp to arrive this Thursday to complete my setup for gaming. Right now I'm just using the Arya with my Topping DX7 Pro DAC.

Jul 22, 2020 at 8:24 AM Post #44,839 of 48,562

Thanks and thanks! :wink:

I must look into the Hifiman headphones someday. When I have a bit of a holiday I'll go test Abyss, Audeze and HiFiman in a shop I found.
It's a bit of a ride though, 250km far.

And yes, only one device it seems. (https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...und-application-can-hear-what-i-hear.3473530/)
Same here, optical connected to BF2 and working fine with VSS.

Jul 22, 2020 at 1:26 PM Post #44,840 of 48,562
Jul 22, 2020 at 2:04 PM Post #44,841 of 48,562
yeah, heard about it but everything runs good now so I won't be updating until something important comes up.

btw, OpenAL installations are really wrong on the current drivers. Everything is missing and not properly installed. I installed the files manually and took the dsound.dll from the latest AE-9/AE-5 driver releases.

Now that it works I made sure Thief1-3 are running again with latest mods.

Jul 22, 2020 at 7:40 PM Post #44,842 of 48,562
So do you guys think I should get a Realiser A8 for around $1200? I just don't know how well is it better compare to other VSS softwares out there like GSX, SBX, SXFi, dolby headphones, etc.... I mean if it's a lot better then it's worth it, but if it's better but just a little better, then prob not worth it. Maybe anyone that has an A16 can chime in.

Jul 22, 2020 at 11:35 PM Post #44,843 of 48,562
I personally don't think it's worth it, especially now that the new consoles are close to release and will have their own sound engines.

Buying any virtual surround device atm is unadvisable, IMHO, unless of course you're on PC mainly. And then, you can just spend a little on something like the Xonar U3 to send data to your own audiophile dac/amp.

And yes, I'd really want the Arya. I mean, if the Ananda is any indication, the Arya would be where my money on a $1k headphone would go. The Ananda was spectacular. I can only assume the Arya would be even better.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2020 at 5:41 PM Post #44,845 of 48,562
So I bought the Wave NX for $10 and tried it outt. And to my ears, it's better than all of the effects from HesuVi and SBX, especially for the Rear cues. I just need to retest it and compare with Super Xfi from my X3. But I think the Wave NX is still better. No wonder Audeze used it for their Mobius headphones. I just haven't tried the BOOM 3D one.

Jul 23, 2020 at 10:07 PM Post #44,846 of 48,562
So I bought the Wave NX for $10 and tried it outt. And to my ears, it's better than all of the effects from HesuVi and SBX, especially for the Rear cues. I just need to retest it and compare with Super Xfi from my X3. But I think the Wave NX is still better. No wonder Audeze used it for their Mobius headphones. I just haven't tried the BOOM 3D one.
Link?

Jul 23, 2020 at 11:15 PM Post #44,847 of 48,562
I don't like Boom3D at all.

Waves NX is very good. Though I don't like it more than the others. DH, SBX, SXFI, and GSX all do it better IMHO.

It's good though.

Jul 23, 2020 at 11:33 PM Post #44,848 of 48,562
I tried the Waves NX app (found it), and it's a Room Spatializer, meaning it will have Reverb effects to do a room sim. While this may be nice for gaming, it butchers my 5.1 Music tracks. Sonic Studio III just does HRTF Mixing, with no reverb applied, and SBX can be dialed down to 9% for similar effect.

EDIT: After looking at the other NX options, I think the Virtual Room Mixer would be a more ideal solution for me, as it seems you can control the reverb amounts and such.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2020 at 7:00 AM Post #44,849 of 48,562
So I got my SMSL SP200 Amp today. I hooked it up to my Topping DX7 Pro DAC via RCA cables. Everything sounds fine except when I fired up a game to play. Then I hear this humming noise through my Arya headphones. It only happens when I play a game so I think it's because the video card is running a high clock speed and draws more power through the system. But I don't know why there is this humming noise and how do I fix it. Does anyone have this problem? I looked it up and ppl said get a USB DAC . I mean I am using a USB DAC. And I can only hear the humming noise when I fire up a game to play like Diablo 3.

If I hooked up my Arya to the Topping DX7 Pro DAC without the SP200 amp, then i don't hear it when I fire up a game. So you guys think it's the SP200 amp RCA?

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2020 at 1:07 PM Post #44,850 of 48,562
So I got my SMSL SP200 Amp today. I hooked it up to my Topping DX7 Pro DAC via RCA cables. Everything sounds fine except when I fired up a game to play. Then I hear this humming noise through my Arya headphones. It only happens when I play a game so I think it's because the video card is running a high clock speed and draws more power through the system. But I don't know why there is this humming noise and how do I fix it. Does anyone have this problem? I looked it up and ppl said get a USB DAC . I mean I am using a USB DAC. And I can only hear the humming noise when I fire up a game to play like Diablo 3.

If I hooked up my Arya to the Topping DX7 Pro DAC without the SP200 amp, then i don't hear it when I fire up a game. So you guys think it's the SP200 amp RCA?
You are picking up electrical noise from the USB power from the PC to your DAC, and the SP200 is amplifying it. The DX7 is doing a better job of filtering it.

Solution: a USB power isolator, like the iFi iDefender3.0. Or connect the DAC to a self-powered USB hub. (This will most likely just lower the noise)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back