Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Jul 20, 2020 at 5:42 PM Post #44,822 of 48,562
There is no "apply headphone Virtualization to Optical Out" in the Speaker settings in Command.
It only has "apply Headphone Virtualization to Line out" which is the analog line out for the 7.1, not optical

I think you mistaken with another device, the one I'm using is their new Super Xfi X3
If that's the case, then the G6 is an even better choice than the X3 for anyone thinking of using an external DAC.

Jul 20, 2020 at 7:03 PM Post #44,824 of 48,562
I use a G6 connected via optical to a Bifrost 2.
I also connect via USB to the Bifrost 2 for using things like Atmos for Headphones, DTS:X, THX, Boom 3D ...
Bifrost connects to a Jotunheim, I can drive any headphone I want with that thing.

Wait you can connect the G6 to your Bifrost 2 via USB? does the USB provides all the VSS from the G6? damn if that's the case, then the G6 is the best VSS device for PC gaming out there. Also the Optical out from the G6 carry the SBX VSS?

Jul 20, 2020 at 7:14 PM Post #44,828 of 48,562
Nope, G6 is connected with optical to the Bifrost 2. That enables sending SBX VSS through the Bifrost.
The computer is also connected straight to the Bifrost 2 via USB. That enables sending most kinds of software VSS through the Bifrost, like the afore mentioned ones.

Well Im trying out the Audio Reapter KS and Voicemeter to send the Super Xfi from my X3 to my Topping DX7 Pro DAC. I didnt know that's a thing. Now I don't need to connect my X3 to the DX7 Pro via optical anymore.

I never heard the Arya. Maybe someone else here has.
Pretty sure it won't be as wide as the HD800 though, nothing is.

Yea I know it won't be as wide as the HD800S, but if it's close, then I would pick the Arya over the HD800S anyday.

Jul 21, 2020 at 4:16 AM Post #44,830 of 48,562
Nope, G6 is connected with optical to the Bifrost 2. That enables sending SBX VSS through the Bifrost.
The computer is also connected straight to the Bifrost 2 via USB. That enables sending most kinds of software VSS through the Bifrost, like the afore mentioned ones.

Hey so you have a G6. can I ask you 1 thing. Can you check to see if you can set the speakers to 7.1 Configuration for the Optical Out of the G6 in the Sound Playback in the Sound Control? Can you take a screenshot? Cause my X3 for the Optical Out, the speaker configuration is only Stereo, there's no 5.1 or 7.1

Jul 21, 2020 at 5:31 AM Post #44,831 of 48,562
SharedScreenshot.jpg
SharedScreenshot1.jpg

Jul 22, 2020 at 6:52 AM Post #44,833 of 48,562
The whole HEK line including the Arya is absolutely made for gaming or the requirements of this thread. If you can get the Arya for a good price go for it.

Jul 22, 2020 at 7:34 AM Post #44,834 of 48,562
The whole HEK line including the Arya is absolutely made for gaming or the requirements of this thread. If you can get the Arya for a good price go for it.

Isn't the Arya one of the wider sounding Hifiman cans, except for the expensive Susvara of course?
Have you heard both the Arya and LCD-GX by any chance?

I mean in the Sound Control Panel (not the Creative software) like this
but for the SPDIF Out of your G6 in the Playback tab

OpticalConfig2.png

With the SBX G6 I don't see SPDIF out in the windows sound control panel, did you rename it that way yourself?
Ehen I configure my SBX G6 in the windows sound control panel I do indeed have options for stereo, 5.1 and 7.1.
The headphone VSS via optical out is configured in the SBC Control app in my screenshots.

Jul 22, 2020 at 7:48 AM Post #44,835 of 48,562
With the SBX G6 I don't see SPDIF out in the windows sound control panel, did you rename it that way yourself?
Ehen I configure my SBX G6 in the windows sound control panel I do indeed have options for stereo, 5.1 and 7.1.
The headphone VSS via optical out is configured in the SBC Control app in my screenshots.

No, I didn't rename anything. Did you disabled / disconnected the SPDIF out? that's weird that you didn't see it in the Sound Control Panel. I see it for my X3, but it won't let me configure the speakers, so it's always at Stereo. Maybe you need to connect to the SPDIF output of your G6 in order to see it?

What is HEK line? I have the Arya.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back