Headphones you regretted buying the most
May 14, 2014 at 3:03 AM Post #1,651 of 1,852
With a lot of the HD800 lovers, if you tell them the HD800 have flaws, they will tell you that's because you don't have the right amp/DAC/cable etc. which to me is such BS, if you follow their logic, in theory any headphones can be flawless with the right synergy.

I reckon that's why people do extensive testing of different headphones, using the same amp/DAC/cable gear.

In theory, anything might be possible. There's a "slight" difference between "possible" and "probable" though.

May 14, 2014 at 10:26 AM Post #1,652 of 1,852
I do agree with that, if the HD800 need a particular amp to make it sound good, that is a flaw or design fault to me, particularly the 6kHz peak and the lack of bass, unless Sennheiser makes an amp specifically to pair with them.

Quote:

I reckon that's why people do extensive testing of different headphones, using the same amp/DAC/cable gear.

In theory, anything might be possible. There's a "slight" difference between "possible" and "probable" though.

May 30, 2014 at 6:47 AM Post #1,653 of 1,852
My affairs with Bluetooth noise cancelling cans had not been great...
Constant worry the electronics would screw up after the warranty period:)

May 30, 2014 at 1:32 PM Post #1,657 of 1,852
Ouch ... Sorry about your first time ...
deadhorse.gif

Nah, it's good. That's what I get for automatically getting the most mainstream option. Plus, doing research on headphones afterwards led me here, and I got my beloved ATH M50!

To be fair, they probably did you a favor by breaking so you didn't have to listen to them.

Yeah, that's pretty accurate. I tried another friends' Solos after I got my M50s, and I felt like someone was shoving screws into my eardrums in the form of overpowering, muddy bass.

May 30, 2014 at 7:15 PM Post #1,659 of 1,852
The sony xb300 because I broke my xb500s and didn't have much money to replace them so went with the cheaper model.   Now I see how much the 500s are going for and I hate myself for cheaping out.   Also I kinda regret buying the HD 419 a few weeks ago even for $40 because, I now see that the HD 518s are $80.  Need to learn to stay away from this dang site it's gonna bankrupt me.  But, it's also kinda encouraging me to get rid of some of my crappier stuff 

May 30, 2014 at 8:41 PM Post #1,660 of 1,852
Nah, it's good. That's what I get for automatically getting the most mainstream option. Plus, doing research on headphones afterwards led me here, and I got my beloved ATH M50!

Yeah, that's pretty accurate. I tried another friends' Solos after I got my M50s, and I felt like someone was shoving screws into my eardrums in the form of overpowering, muddy bass.

Its all good in the end though ..cheers mate .

Tried checkin out this thread http://www.head-fi.org/t/684159/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-headphones-iems-amps-dacs/3255. ...welcome to head fi ...careful you have been warned ...head fi member will help each other gladly and by no time you will be buying n buying ...they help you part with your money ..kekekekekeke :evil:

Jun 1, 2014 at 7:38 AM Post #1,661 of 1,852
Fun little thread to read. Sometimes knowing what not to buyy is better than knowing what to buy.

Despite an hour demo, Sennheiser Momentums.

Paired with AK100 they are bland and boring. They do shine with my Cowon J3 though. But the equaliser helps there. The severe lack of soundstage is what i truly dislike about them.

The fit and style, along with case are great. Something which my DT1350s don't have, but yet sound wayyy better to me.

Jun 5, 2014 at 5:15 PM Post #1,663 of 1,852
B&W P3. I thought they worth the money because they have somehow decent sound and a good style. But after reading innerfidelity's reviews I listened to them without the foam earpads, and damn they sound so much better. But I don't have any way to mod it. Plus they are hard to sell.

Jun 20, 2014 at 3:10 PM Post #1,665 of 1,852
Koss UR-10. Just a good bit worse than any other of my cans. They weren't bad, but there was significantly better in my collection. Gave it to my buddy, went back to my MDR-ZX100, PortaPro and HD419.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back