++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
Oct 28, 2012 at 1:36 AM Post #20,656 of 29,490
Audio-Technica ATH-M50 or Shure SRH840? I can't decide between the two, read mostly good things about them both. They both sound like incredibly good headphones for the price range, just dunno which to go with. I mostly listen to rock/metal, occasionally rap or country though.

Oct 28, 2012 at 1:55 AM Post #20,657 of 29,490
Quote:
Audio-Technica ATH-M50 or Shure SRH840? I can't decide between the two, read mostly good things about them both. They both sound like incredibly good headphones for the price range, just dunno which to go with. I mostly listen to rock/metal, occasionally rap or country though.

Sounds like you already figured it out. The only way to get further would be to stop reading and demo each 
smile.gif

Oct 28, 2012 at 2:01 AM Post #20,659 of 29,490
Hello guys , I have an asus xonar DG sound card , currently i have ttesports Shock headset , but it stopped working , so i am getting refund from the seller (they dont have one for replacement). So I am in the market again for a headset , my budget 40$ to 80$ . Any advice?

Oct 28, 2012 at 2:10 AM Post #20,660 of 29,490
Does anyone have any experience with the beyerdynamic dt770 pro 250 ohm? I'm interested in hearing about the soundstage in particular. How are they compared to other closed or open headphones in the 100-200 dollar rage? 

Oct 28, 2012 at 2:11 AM Post #20,661 of 29,490
I definitely would, but there aren't really any places around here where I could do that lol. Just read a review on the ATH-PRO700MK2, are they worth spending a bit more for?

Zero the shures are a good start for you. Look almost no matter what you get you are are going to do one of the 3 following things anyway a) find something you want to improve about them b) read about something new that you think is better or c) decide they weren't what you REALLY wanted to begin with......

All of which will result in one thing.......UPGRADE-ITIS.... Yes my friend accept it. You should have realized it when you pressed enter on the sign-up screen. Eventually you WILL buy more headphones. So quit asking in 3 different threads about the same set of cans and PULL THE TRIGGER and enjoy them! Then get more later! :beyersmile:

Oct 28, 2012 at 2:15 AM Post #20,663 of 29,490
Quote:
Hello guys , I have an asus xonar DG sound card , currently i have ttesports Shock headset , but it stopped working , so i am getting refund from the seller (they don't have one for replacement). So I am in the market again for a headset , my budget 40$ to 80$ . Any advice?

Technical Pro HPT990 (Takstar Hi2050), semi-open, 60-Ohm, $70.
http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=TPHPT990&ref=froogle&omid=103&CAWELAID=1503880855

and your pick of whatever add-on mic you choose.

Oct 28, 2012 at 2:18 AM Post #20,664 of 29,490
Does anyone have any experience with the beyerdynamic dt770 pro 250 ohm? I'm interested in hearing about the soundstage in particular. How are they compared to other closed or open headphones in the 100-200 dollar rage? 

They DT770 IMO have a nearly open sound to them. Airy and wide soundstage for a closed headphone. Those and the K550's are both closed cans with a more open feel than most but I feel the DT770 has the edge on the AKG. You should listen to a pair of open cans like the DT990 so you can hear the sonic differences yourself because it is more than just sound stage. IMO they both have their pro's and cons.

Oct 28, 2012 at 2:19 AM Post #20,665 of 29,490
Quote:
Zero the shures are a good start for you. Look almost no matter what you get you are are going to do one of the 3 following things anyway a) find something you want to improve about them b) read about something new that you think is better or c) decide they weren't what you REALLY wanted to begin with......
All of which will result in one thing.......UPGRADE-ITIS.... Yes my friend accept it. You should have realized it when you pressed enter on the sign-up screen. Eventually you WILL buy more headphones. So quit asking in 3 different threads about the same set of cans and PULL THE TRIGGER and enjoy them! Then get more later!
beyersmile.png

Haha thanks man, just always like to look into whatever it is that I'm gonna get and find out as much as I can about it. But I'm definitely going to though, appreciate the help!

Oct 28, 2012 at 2:23 AM Post #20,666 of 29,490
Quote:
I'm now looking for a Good DAC and AMP to drive DT 880's 600 ohm as they might be mah next BIG purchase in the Spring, I've got the 

[size=1.7em] Audinst HUD-mx1[/size]

as a possible DAC

Any advice on Tube Amps that are POWERFUL enough to drive the dt 880 600's under $600

Bottlehead Crack with Speedball
ALO Audio Pan-am
Hifiman EF-5

in descending order of price/performance.

Oct 28, 2012 at 2:42 AM Post #20,667 of 29,490
Thanks , but sorry , I forgot to mention that I live in India . So it's very difficult to find the ones which you mentioned. It would be much appreciated if you could recommend one from : SteelSeries, Sony , Razer , Sennheiser, Skull candy .

Oct 28, 2012 at 2:51 AM Post #20,668 of 29,490
Quote:
Thanks , but sorry , I forgot to mention that I live in India . So it's very difficult to find the ones which you mentioned. It would be much appreciated if you could recommend one from : SteelSeries, Sony , Razer , Sennheiser, Skull candy

Still recommend the Takstar Hi2050.
http://www.seaben.com/Wholesale-TAKSTAR-HI2050-T-S-Series-Hi-Fi-Stereo-Audio-Monitor-Headphones--HI-2050-_p29245.html
It's about as good as you can get for the price range

Oct 28, 2012 at 2:55 AM Post #20,669 of 29,490
Hey!
I nearly started a new thread and then I saw this,

I'm looking for a new rig purely for 'listening'
Basically all of the audio equipment I own i've bought for it's neutrality (well as neutral as i could afford, for mixing/mastering purposes)
I currently have AKG K702's, KRK KNS-8400's, Etymotic MC5's and an O2 amp amongst other things (monitors etc) the DAC I'm using is a Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6.

But i'm looking for something that I can just listen to, I want some warmth (for the price),
I'm considering buying some Allesandro Ms1i's (2009 Improved) and either building or buying a Tube-Amp,
Does anybody have any reccomendations?

I wanna spend all up probably $350-450.  Or around $300 just on the amp

Thanks in advance for your help!

Oct 28, 2012 at 3:02 AM Post #20,670 of 29,490
Hey!
I nearly started a new thread and then I saw this,

I'm looking for a new rig purely for 'listening'

Basically all of the audio equipment I own i've bought for it's neutrality (well as neutral as i could afford, for mixing/mastering purposes)

I currently have AKG K702's, KRK KNS-8400's, Etymotic MC5's and an O2 amp amongst other things (monitors etc) the DAC I'm using is a Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6.

But i'm looking for something that I can just listen to, I want some warmth (for the price),
I'm considering buying some Allesandro Ms1i's (2009 Improved) and either building or buying a Tube-Amp,
Does anybody have any reccomendations?

I wanna spend all up probably $350-450.  Or around $300 just on the amp

Thanks in advance for your help!

I think the hd598 are quite good for just warmth and a wide soundstage, or if you prefer closed, the ultrasone pro 750 is also pretty musical. Good amp for 300$ or so would be to me the bottlehead crack. Slightly warm sounding while retaining clarity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back