Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 6, 2013 at 10:04 PM Post #481 of 75,342
Definitely mx980!
biggrin.gif

bought and returned the mx 985 last month! 
definitely not my kind of liking.

I was waiting for the Bass to kick in all the time, and the Treble was mouch higher then the Lows and Mids aswell so i had to crank up the volume alot to hear those frequencies proper but then the treble became to intrusive to my ears.

So maybe it was something with my unit or i am not used to  that kind of sound signature.

the fit was good for me and the clarity and quality in the sound was very good otherwise, 

Nov 6, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #482 of 75,342

I was waiting for the Bass to kick in all the time, and the Treble was mouch higher then the Lows and Mids aswell so i had to crank up the volume alot to hear those frequencies proper but then the treble became to intrusive to my ears.

So maybe it was something with my unit or i am not used to  that kind of sound signature.

the fit was good for me and the clarity and quality in the sound was very good otherwise, 

I think the mx980 is the best for classical music!i have not tried the Mx985 but it should not be too much differences from the mx980.i listened to many earbuds;the mx980 is one of the most boomier that you can find in term of earbud.however,the mx980's mid is really thin!

Nov 6, 2013 at 10:54 PM Post #483 of 75,342

We all have different ears and just the shape of the ear channel will make the sound different for everyone. 

Nov 7, 2013 at 5:25 AM Post #484 of 75,342
I am currently using PK1. It performs very well and I love its sound signature. But, wished it could be more revealing (I find the treble could be better).
Which one do you think, MX980/985 or TM7 (impossible to find brand new at the moment), a better upgrade?

Nov 8, 2013 at 11:03 AM Post #486 of 75,342
I think the mx980 is the best for classical music!i have not tried the Mx985 but it should not be too much differences from the mx980.i listened to many earbuds;the mx980 is one of the most boomier that you can find in term of earbud.however,the mx980's mid is really thin!

yes this is probably true ! since i listen to mainly electronic music that is not always the best recorded this was a bit of a bad choice from  my side. but hey you learn as you go!  

I am thinking of ordering the Audio Technica CM707 maybe they will be better for me who knows. 
they are described as warm and thick. this sounds like they could be good with house and trance music.

We all have different ears and just the shape of the ear channel will make the sound different for everyone. 

Ok yeah im very new to high end earbuds and audio in general so my taste is still a bit coloured i guess in comparison to other people on here that have very refined ears and tatse.

I was a bit naive at first coming to this forum thinking the highest rated headphones will be the best for me and everyone :wink: haha.

Nov 14, 2013 at 5:09 PM Post #487 of 75,342
Hi,

Sorry for my English…
Currently I'm owning a pair of Yuin PK3 I’m quite happy with them paired with my Sansa Clip Zip, but I miss some bass (even with the equalizer set in V shape) and I would like to know which earbuds would you recommend me.

These tips should help your recommendations:
-          I only listen dance music (mainly trance).
-          I love the sound of the Beyerdynamic DT 770 (80 ohm) I use at home. Great bass and nice highs.
-          I don’t like the sound of Sennheiser MX471 I also have. I found the bass similar to PK3, but MX471 has more mids and less highs which I don’t like (I’ll describe it as nasal sound)

If it’s possible the earbuds should costs less than 50€ and be available to buy from Europe (Amazon, eBay…)

Thanks

Nov 14, 2013 at 7:18 PM Post #488 of 75,342
Hi,

Sorry for my English…
Currently I'm owning a pair of Yuin PK3 I’m quite happy with them paired with my Sansa Clip Zip, but I miss some bass (even with the equalizer set in V shape) and I would like to know which earbuds would you recommend me.

These tips should help your recommendations:
-          I only listen dance music (mainly trance).

-          I love the sound of the Beyerdynamic DT 770 (80 ohm) I use at home. Great bass and nice highs.

-          I don’t like the sound of Sennheiser MX471 I also have. I found the bass similar to PK3, but MX471 has more mids and less highs which I don’t like (I’ll describe it as nasal sound)

If it’s possible the earbuds should costs less than 50€ and be available to buy from Europe (Amazon, eBay…)

Thanks

The PAA-1 Pro has awesome BASS for earbuds and it's only $49 USD.

Nov 15, 2013 at 4:43 AM Post #489 of 75,342
The PAA-1 Pro has awesome BASS for earbuds and it's only $49 USD.

Thanks, I've read that PAA-1 Pro have the treble rolled off and that's what I don't like from my MX471, has anybody compared its treble with PK3?

I have small ears and while PK3 fit perfectly, MX471 aren't so confortable... What's the size of PAA-1 Pro?

Should I be aware of fake PAA-1 Pro? I've found in eBay 3 dealers that sell them from China / Hong Kong... Where do you recommend to buy them?

Thanks

Nov 15, 2013 at 5:27 AM Post #490 of 75,342
Thanks, I've read that PAA-1 Pro have the treble rolled off and that's what I don't like from my MX471, has anybody compared its treble with PK3?

I have small ears and while PK3 fit perfectly, MX471 aren't so confortable... What's the size of PAA-1 Pro?

Should I be aware of fake PAA-1 Pro? I've found in eBay 3 dealers that sell them from China / Hong Kong... Where do you recommend to buy them?

Thanks

Yeah, I wish there was more treble, but it sounds pretty good overall. The PAA-1 Pro is slightly bigger than an Apple earbud. I got mine direct from Jack at Hisoundaudio. On eBay, it looks like they're all legit, but I can't be sure because I never bought from any of them.

Nov 15, 2013 at 7:59 AM Post #492 of 75,342
My local dealer has Soundmagic EP10 and Sunrise Audio AS Feeling 2 in stock, will any of them improve my PK3 (knowing that I want V shape sound) or is PAA-1 Pro a better option?

I have not heard the Soundmagic EP10 or Sunrise Audio AS Feeling 2. I had the PK2 several years ago and I liked it until it broke. Ask your local dealer if you can try before you buy.

Nov 15, 2013 at 4:45 PM Post #493 of 75,342
How does the  mx 980/985 compare with the lower end MX760 which I have?

I can't really give a good, in-depth comparison, but the MX985 has better extension from bottom to top, and the presentation is more lively and less laid-back than the MX760. The MX760 has a more relaxed presentation with a wider soundstage, while the MX985 is thicker, brighter, and more immersive. I actually think they sound pretty different for two earbuds from the same manufacturer.

My local dealer has Soundmagic EP10 and Sunrise Audio AS Feeling 2 in stock, will any of them improve my PK3 (knowing that I want V shape sound) or is PAA-1 Pro a better option?

Can't speak for the AS Feeling 2, but the EP10 is tuned to give a false sense of detail, and the resulting sound is harsh and bright. They're really a disappointing product as I expect better from Soundmagic and I don't recommend them.

Also, are you using foams and/or ear sleeves (rubber rings) on your MX471. I too found the MX471 a bit nasally in the midrange until I used both the ear sleeves AND the foams.

Nov 15, 2013 at 5:07 PM Post #494 of 75,342
Can't speak for the AS Feeling 2, but the EP10 is tuned to give a false sense of detail, and the resulting sound is harsh and bright. They're really a disappointing product as I expect better from Soundmagic and I don't recommend them.

Also, are you using foams and/or ear sleeves (rubber rings) on your MX471. I too found the MX471 a bit nasally in the midrange until I used both the ear sleeves AND the foams.

Thank you for the info... I only use ear sleeves with my MX471 (well, in fact they are from my wife) as foams "died" long time ago I've just buy from eBay a pack of foams and I'll give a new audition.

I've also found a dealer that has the Sunrise AS Charm 3 for a similar price to PAA-1 Pro, and I've read that they have a slighted V shaped sound (what I'm looking for) will they be and improvement in this area compared with my PK3? Which one has better bass/treble from these three: PK3, PAA-1 Pro, Charm 3?

Edit: I can also get PK2 for the same price... So please add them to my previous question (but from what I've read PK2 has even less bass than PK3, but with more "quality").

Nov 19, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #495 of 75,342
Is there a way to tell if you are getting real vs. fake MX-980's?

I'm in the U.S.  and have these options:

EBAY:

- $136 new in box from Australia

- $187 new from Australia

- $210 - $225 from S. Korea -- all these prices seem very low for new MX-980s??

AMAZON:

- $199 used, like new, but missing foam ear pieces, from Pennsylvania

Same kind of story for MX-985's... $150 from Hong Kong, $250 from S. Korea.  What do the pro's in here think... take a chance that these are legit?  Some way to investigate first?  I only ask because it seems the retail price of these was MUCH higher.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back