Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 31, 2013 at 9:56 AM Post #421 of 75,342
I do not think that all earbuds from the same series sound similar since my AP8's left channel is louder than the right! :D

My three unit of AP8 sound quite similar but one unit has better bass impact and brighter treble comapred to the the other two. Also it could be that particular unit has the longest burn in period and often used when comparing the three unit of AP8.

Sep 1, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #422 of 75,342
May i ask you guys to try this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-Philips-SHE3800-In-Ear-Earbud-Headphones-Earphones-/261218242864?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item3cd1d2113
Best p/p earbud i ever have!i have a collection of earbud but this one have much bass while still good as other aspects!:D also,the fit is better than yuin series:D

Sep 3, 2013 at 4:42 PM Post #423 of 75,342
Soooo, I'm supposed to be taking a break from the computer. But, my DIY PK2 came in!

The sound definitely depends on the foams. Without any foams they sounded very odd indeed, with the stock foams it was better.. but I found the highs slightly muffled. Moved to some thinner foams from a pair of sansa stock buds and cut them into donut foams. These are the clear winners. I think differences in the foams could be attributed to some of the differences in impressions on these.

With the donut foams I am very impressed with the sound. They don't beat my portapros on sound, but they come closer than I believed they would. They certainly are more portable than the portapros!

These will be my new go-to portable set, replacing my portapros. I think I might try to order 4 more sets, 2 to give as gifts and 2 to keep as spares :)

TL;DR - If you have small ears and need a truly portable set of headphones.. This is definitely the best budget option, if not the best option period. Buy a set. 

Sep 3, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #424 of 75,342
...AP8 arrived today! Have them plugged into my integrated amp at the moment getting a little burning in...Will probably give them a listen once my family hits the hay.

Sep 4, 2013 at 8:14 PM Post #425 of 75,342
So far rather nice...delightful mids, okay highs, not much in the way of bass (but few and far between are the buds that have that).

I did a brief side-by-side with my PK3 and actually like the AP8 more. My Sportapros beat both. I think the AP8 will replace my PK3 as my "toss-in-a-bag" rig.

Sep 17, 2013 at 2:31 AM Post #426 of 75,342
Sep 17, 2013 at 11:15 AM Post #427 of 75,342
  If someone is curious about vintage Sony earbuds, there's an auction on German Ebay right now for a pair of MDR-E484, the top model between ca 1988-1995. I've got a pair and they are really great earbuds.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Sony-MDR-E484-Kopfhorer-schwarz-/231054485802?pt=Kopfh%C3%B6rer&hash=item35cbeba92a#ht_319wt_1399

Very interesting, if I wasn't actively reducing my number of possessions in this world, I would pick them up. lol

If anyone does, please post impressions, they look neat.

How would these fit with someone that can wear Yuin but not Blox?

Sep 17, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #428 of 75,342

Very interesting, if I wasn't actively reducing my number of possessions in this world, I would pick them up. lol

If anyone does, please post impressions, they look neat.

How would these fit with someone that can wear Yuin but not Blox?

The circumference is bigger than Blox earbud but the earpieces are a bit flatter and don't stick out from your ears as much, so I find it easier to keep them in my ears. I think the E484 have 16mm drivers which is pretty big for earbuds. They have a pretty forward sound with great bass for earbuds. Still they present a pretty good soundstage.

By the way, I hope that I will start reducing my number of possessions soon. Got too many dang earbuds!

Sep 20, 2013 at 4:44 PM Post #430 of 75,342
It is a good earbud for its price but there is no way it can compare with the original yuin pk1.one more thing, i talked to datsen before and he said he could make me a yuin pk1 modded for $70 but i decided to buy the original one!:D it is the best earbud i have so far including yuin ok1,mx980,blox anv3 and mdr-e888! Danneq give pk1 a try and you won't regret it! The amp actually pump them up but without the amp it still sound great! :D

Sep 20, 2013 at 5:18 PM Post #431 of 75,342
It is a good earbud for its price but there is no way it can compare with the original yuin pk1.one more thing, i talked to datsen before and he said he could make me a yuin pk1 modded for $70 but i decided to buy the original one!
biggrin.gif
it is the best earbud i have so far including yuin ok1,mx980,blox anv3 and mdr-e888! Danneq give pk1 a try and you won't regret it! The amp actually pump them up but without the amp it still sound great!
biggrin.gif

I meant modded pk2 vs original pk3

Sep 23, 2013 at 11:24 AM Post #434 of 75,342
  Soooo, I'm supposed to be taking a break from the computer. But, my DIY PK2 came in!

The sound definitely depends on the foams. Without any foams they sounded very odd indeed, with the stock foams it was better.. but I found the highs slightly muffled. Moved to some thinner foams from a pair of sansa stock buds and cut them into donut foams. These are the clear winners. I think differences in the foams could be attributed to some of the differences in impressions on these.

With the donut foams I am very impressed with the sound. They don't beat my portapros on sound, but they come closer than I believed they would. They certainly are more portable than the portapros!

These will be my new go-to portable set, replacing my portapros. I think I might try to order 4 more sets, 2 to give as gifts and 2 to keep as spares :)

TL;DR - If you have small ears and need a truly portable set of headphones.. This is definitely the best budget option, if not the best option period. Buy a set. 

I just ordered a pair of DIY PK2 since I couldn't find I couldn't find cheap PK3 in europe.
Cheap as they get, 7$ shipping included: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-HIFI-YUIN-PK2-DIY-boutique-sound-quality-of-the-headphones-powerful-bass-wood-headset/854376207.html

Offtopic: Do portapros/sportapros have better sound than the KSC75?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back