Earbuds Round-Up
May 11, 2024 at 6:06 PM Post #75,422 of 75,548
May 11, 2024 at 8:34 PM Post #75,423 of 75,548
Most definitely! These buds have really gone under the radar, but I'm glad I have a set now.

For those interested. I did a google translate of the back cover. The English name of these buds (google translated) is Warbler. Which is the bird on the front cover. These guys do sing!

Click picture to enlarge.

I just noticed the translation shows impedance 320, it's 32 Ohms.

Nobunaga Lab's Uguisu translated 02.jpg's Uguisu translated 02.jpg Nobunaga Lab's Uguisu 02.jpg
I too have just bought a used pair of the Nobunaga Labs “Warblers”. My first foray into the earbud realm. And have requested to be added to the Rikibuds Caster 3 list. Can’t wait to experience them. Cheers

May 12, 2024 at 4:05 AM Post #75,425 of 75,548
To all of you LREY earbud owners, do you recommend going with the wired versions or MMCX?

The Aurora cable appears to be fabric. Is there any microphonics at all?

If you chose MMCX, what kind of lightweight cables do you recommend?
This was one of my concerns also about that cable much like the Asura 3.0 cable but DungLe on discord confirmed that the Lrey cable is soft with no microphonics. I believe @Ace Bee had the sleeve removed on his version to be sure (so this is an option)

May 12, 2024 at 6:45 AM Post #75,426 of 75,548
To all of you LREY earbud owners, do you recommend going with the wired versions or MMCX?

The Aurora cable appears to be fabric. Is there any microphonics at all?

If you chose MMCX, what kind of lightweight cables do you recommend?

If you're after a good quality, lightweight MMCX cable definitely check out OE Audio.

https://hifigo.com/collections/oe-audio/products/oe-audio-2dualofc

They are a bit dear but I've not found something as good in a similar form factor, for less.

Last edited:
May 12, 2024 at 10:00 AM Post #75,432 of 75,548
@jeejack, @ttorbic, @Kenyon, @ian91, @Ohmboy

Thanks for the recommendations! I think I'll stick with the stock cables since I like the way they look and there doesn't seem to be any complaints about them.

I've mentioned this in other threads, but I also have really bad luck with MMCX. I have 5 MMCX cables, but only one of them gets a secure enough connection with my Dunu Falcon Ultra IEM. All of the other cables only pick up sound on one side or no sound at all.

May 12, 2024 at 11:28 AM Post #75,433 of 75,548
I too have just bought a used pair of the Nobunaga Labs “Warblers”. My first foray into the earbud realm. And have requested to be added to the Rikibuds Caster 3 list. Can’t wait to experience them. Cheers
Excellent! The Nobunaga are in the same wheelhouse as the Moondrop Chaconne. So if you do end up enjoying the Nobunaga and want a step up, IMO the Chaconne will not do you wrong, though I admit the price difference between the Nobunaga and Chaconne is steep. If you're handy, have basic soldering skills and into or willing to DIY, then I can offer a drag & drop build for an excellent "Nightingale" type earbud.

Artiste "Nightingale" DnD build.

EDIT: Here's 2 impromptu Artiste sound impressions by our neighborhood nice guy @samandhi.

From post https://www.head-fi.org/threads/earbuds-round-up.441400/post-18100493

As for the Artiste, only a few words for now. These are pretty Chaconne(esque) in their overall tuning (or even the OG HD800 without the spike) but are more aggressive in their overall sound. This is to say, that they are like a really good diffuse tuning without the overly boosted presence region. These are detail MONSTERS! If you are sensitive to really revealing treble, these aren't for you. I am not sensitive to treble unless it is sibilant though (which, surprisingly, these are not), so these are a REALLY good sound. Also, if you are after a full bassy sounding set, these won't be for you either. But, boy do they sound fantastic with the right music. These come fairly close to the Chaconne. I would say that these are a sublime critical or analytical set. Classical sounds VERY nice indeed!

Having said that, they aren't Chaconne clones by any means. They have their own personality, and are just enough different from the Chaconne that they compliment them rather than compare to them. :) More on these later.

From post https://www.head-fi.org/threads/earbuds-round-up.441400/post-18107957

P.P.S. And, I almost forgot, that I recently discovered a set that are similar to the Chaconne, but have a touch more quantity of bass (making them better suited for more than classical, and jazz, etc...). They are the Artiste Nightingale as created by @mt877.

There's not much info about the Rikubuds Caster 3. Can you share the sound profile description or what excited you to jump on the Caster 3 buds wait list?

Last edited:
May 12, 2024 at 12:26 PM Post #75,434 of 75,548
@jeejack, @ttorbic, @Kenyon, @ian91, @Ohmboy

Thanks for the recommendations! I think I'll stick with the stock cables since I like the way they look and there doesn't seem to be any complaints about them.

I've mentioned this in other threads, but I also have really bad luck with MMCX. I have 5 MMCX cables, but only one of them gets a secure enough connection with my Dunu Falcon Ultra IEM. All of the other cables only pick up sound on one side or no sound at all.
The MMCX on this type of earbuds have a significantly different cable fit to the female connector than that of the IEM. The male connector of the cable slides deep into the connector on the shell, and the connection is much tighter because of this. You can't compare this to the shallow MMCX fitting on the IEM at all, it's very different in design. I also avoid IEMs with MMCX like the devil avoids holy water based on a lot of negative experiences.

Edit: I have been using these earbuds with MMCX for years without any sign of wear, loosening or contact issues.

Attachments

• PXL_20240512_161122640.jpg
    PXL_20240512_161122640.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 12, 2024 at 12:35 PM Post #75,435 of 75,548
The MMCX on this type of earbuds have a significantly different cable fit to the female connector than that of the IEM. The male connector of the cable slides deep into the connector on the shell, and the connection is much tighter because of this. You can't compare this to the shallow MMCX fitting on the IEM at all, it's very different in design. I also avoid IEMs with MMCX like the devil avoids holy water based on a lot of negative experiences.

Edit: I have been using these earbuds with MMCX for years without any sign of wear, loosening or contact issues.
Good to know that MMCX is better implemented on earbuds and that I can actually make use of these MMCX cables.

Btw, I like your foams. Are they custom? They look like they're ready to rob a bank.

1715531690048.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back