Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 25, 2024 at 9:57 AM Post #74,521 of 75,563
Yeah. I can get to the store. See the earbuds. Cant get to the items page. Oh well. I hope this issue gets fixed sometime soon.

They might be filtering by country, so try using a VPN with an access point in another country. Japan, for example.

Mar 25, 2024 at 10:00 AM Post #74,522 of 75,563
Have you tried just going to AliExpress and searching for yinman 600? If all else fails, go to the store and message the seller. These are my favorite buds, and many others agree.

Mar 25, 2024 at 11:30 AM Post #74,524 of 75,563
Where do you get the custom build from?
Buy the parts yourself from Aliexpress and DIY or find a friendly builder who is willing to help.

Mar 25, 2024 at 1:09 PM Post #74,525 of 75,563
They might be filtering by country, so try using a VPN with an access point in another country. Japan, for example.
Yes. This worked. Will be my first earbud since Airpods. i had those yeeeears ago. Probably the most talked about, the Yinman 600's, but i do like my bass, so this seems right up my alley. Also enjoy DIY electronic projects as a hobby. Is it very rewarding building your own earbuds? Are there parts on Ali that aren't implemented in consumer earbud package? Some sleeper/cult drivers or something that adds value to building a earbud? That would be very interesting to know.

Cheers,
Yaks

Mar 25, 2024 at 3:37 PM Post #74,526 of 75,563
Can someone do a comparison of Yinman 600 vs rw3000? Does the 600s have the same level of resolution and separation as rw3000s when properly amped?

I like dark signature with rich mids and bass. rw3000 is too bloated (in the mids) and fatiguing to me.
If driven properly, the answer is yes, and to me more. There is a lot of texture in the bass, the mids aren't too thick, even though the buds are warm and dark(ish). The RW3000 are quite a different signature IMO. Also there are NO offensive frequencies to be found (and I am VERY sensitive to the normal 2-4K boost that even the RW3000 have; though not so much that I can't stand it altogether with the RW3000).

Now, I am not saying that one is better than the other per se', they are both TOTL buds IMHO. But I can say that the Yinmans are much less fatiguing in any way, but still have excellent resolution and technicalities. They are tuned fantastically to be a TOTL all-rounder.

Just my $.02, and YMMV.

Mar 25, 2024 at 4:50 PM Post #74,527 of 75,563
If driven properly, the answer is yes, and to me more. There is a lot of texture in the bass, the mids aren't too thick, even though the buds are warm and dark(ish). The RW3000 are quite a different signature IMO. Also there are NO offensive frequencies to be found (and I am VERY sensitive to the normal 2-4K boost that even the RW3000 have; though not so much that I can't stand it altogether with the RW3000).

Now, I am not saying that one is better than the other per se', they are both TOTL buds IMHO. But I can say that the Yinmans are much less fatiguing in any way, but still have excellent resolution and technicalities. They are tuned fantastically to be a TOTL all-rounder.

Just my $.02, and YMMV.
I have both the Yinman 600s and the RW3000s, and fully agree with thjs learned gentleman's estimation. The RW3000s are somewhat clearer and sharper, but the sharpness in the upper treble can be fatiguing to me, depending on the track/genre. The Yinmans do have excellent resolution, but are also unfailingly musical, comforting, and delicious -- yummy, in fact. (Should we start to use food and wine adjectives for buds?)

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2024 at 5:28 PM Post #74,528 of 75,563
I have both the Yinman 600s and the RW3000s, and fully agree with thjs learned gentleman's estimation. The RW3000s are somewhat clearer and sharper, but the sharpness in the upper treble can be fatiguing to me, depending on the track/genre. The Yinmans do have excellent resolution, but are also unfailingly musical, comforting, and delicious -- yummy, in fact. (Should we start to use food and wine adjectives for buds?)

I might lose my mind if someone tries to explain the fruity bouquet with hints of vanilla to me in the context of earbuds tuning. It took me long enough to learn the current lingo...😉😂

Mar 25, 2024 at 5:41 PM Post #74,529 of 75,563
I might lose my mind if someone tries to explain the fruity bouquet with hints of vanilla to me in the context of earbuds tuning. It took me long enough to learn the current lingo...😉😂
I was thinking that the Yinmans were more smooth cacao with a scoop of MCT oil, and the RW3000s were perhaps orange sherbet, but you're right, let's forget the whole thing...

Mar 25, 2024 at 5:50 PM Post #74,530 of 75,563
Sounds like I need to get an amp and just skip right to the Yinman 600. You guys gushing over it has me extremely curious.

Edit: And I agree with a few of the posts about not using iem's as much as using flats. Ever since I got some good sounding buds I haven't touched an iem. It's probably been a good couple months or more. And have only put on my 599 a few times. Which heck, my $5 Iris 2.0 seems to blow away.

Anyways, I'm with ya'll that do iem's for transportation or what not, and using flats for sitting down and really listening and relaxing.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2024 at 9:40 PM Post #74,531 of 75,563
LOL Yummy is a fantastic piece of descriptive text for these... :)
IKR? I don't think I could handle it either. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Sounds like I need to get an amp and just skip right to the Yinman 600. You guys gushing over it has me extremely curious.

Edit: And I agree with a few of the posts about not using iem's as much as using flats. Ever since I got some good sounding buds I haven't touched an iem. It's probably been a good couple months or more. And have only put on my 599 a few times. Which heck, my $5 Iris 2.0 seems to blow away.

Anyways, I'm with ya'll that do iem's for transportation or what not, and using flats for sitting down and really listening send relaxing.
That sounds like an amazing idea... :) Seriously though, I have not read many negative impressions/reviews of these at all. Are there better sounding buds? Well, it depends on your preferred signature, but also if you are willing to have buds that fit very few genres. Case in point are the Moondrop Chaconnes. For what they are meant for (I am guessing), there are NO better for it (IMHO), but the Yinman cover pretty much EVERYTHING.

They are very paradoxical in nature. How can something that seems so smooth (almost tube amp like), yet have such good resolution, imaging, micro and macro details? Well that is the Yinman... Throw in some very good rumble with fantastic tighness and texuturing down low, and you pretty much have the best of both worlds here (almost analytical and musical). IME there aren't a ton of ANY head gear out there that can successfully combine the two. Keep in mind though, there ARE in fact much better buds for pure analytical though, but they aren't musical as well.

BTW! Sorry for temping you! :wink:

Mar 25, 2024 at 9:56 PM Post #74,532 of 75,563
That sounds like an amazing idea... :) Seriously though, I have not read many negative impressions/reviews of these at all. Are there better sounding buds? Well, it depends on your preferred signature, but also if you are willing to have buds that fit very few genres. Case in point are the Moondrop Chaconnes. For what they are meant for (I am guessing), there are NO better for it (IMHO), but the Yinman cover pretty much EVERYTHING.

They are very paradoxical in nature. How can something that seems so smooth (almost tube amp like), yet have such good resolution, imaging, micro and macro details? Well that is the Yinman... Throw in some very good rumble with fantastic tighness and texuturing down low, and you pretty much have the best of both worlds here (almost analytical and musical). IME there aren't a ton of ANY head gear out there that can successfully combine the two. Keep in mind though, there ARE in fact much better buds for pure analytical though, but they aren't musical as well.

BTW! Sorry for temping you! :wink:
Darn you and the others for the temptation! 🙃 And that's my wallet speaking, not me. I'm fine with getting them but the wallet is like whoah...step back.

I mean I think I might get another pair of cheaper buds in the meantime (looking at the toneking tp16), but within the next couple months I'm gonna have the Yinman with amplification to drive them. I've already made up my mind. And I'm mostly a mobile listener(eventhough I'm sitting 99% of the time but I like using mobile gear) so I'm hoping the qudelix 5k can push them properly as that's the amp I'm going to get.

If anyone has a 5k and a Yinman I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2024 at 10:15 PM Post #74,533 of 75,563
Yes. This worked. Will be my first earbud since Airpods. i had those yeeeears ago. Probably the most talked about, the Yinman 600's, but i do like my bass, so this seems right up my alley. Also enjoy DIY electronic projects as a hobby. Is it very rewarding building your own earbuds? Are there parts on Ali that aren't implemented in consumer earbud package? Some sleeper/cult drivers or something that adds value to building a earbud? That would be very interesting to know.

Cheers,
Yaks
It's pretty rewarding to me, and it seems to me that a lot of people in here are enjoying making and listening their own earbuds. I think most DIY drivers are being used in commercially available earbuds. But the problem is their implementation of them and not being tuned right. You can check out the DIY Earbuds thread for more info.
IKR? I don't think I could handle it either. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I could see bass quantity being explained by how dark the chocolate is, wine lingo for the mids and how sour and sharp the treble is lol.

Mar 25, 2024 at 10:57 PM Post #74,534 of 75,563
Darn you and the others for the temptation! 🙃 And that's my wallet speaking, not me. I'm fine with getting them but the wallet is like whoah...step back.

I mean I think I might get another pair of cheaper buds in the meantime (looking at the toneking tp16), but within the next couple months I'm gonna have the Yinman with amplification to drive them. I've already made up my mind. And I'm mostly a mobile listener(eventhough I'm sitting 99% of the time but I like using mobile gear) so I'm hoping the qudelix 5k can push them properly as that's the amp I'm going to get.

If anyone has a 5k and a Yinman I'd love to hear your thoughts!
I have 2 Yinmans myself. One in 3.5 and one in 4.4. Just do it :)

Mar 25, 2024 at 11:49 PM Post #74,535 of 75,563

Anyways, I'm with ya'll that do iem's for transportation or what not, and using flats for sitting down and really listening and relaxing.

What source are you using BTW?

Cause the Yinman 600 ohm is literally the hardest transducer I encountered in my audio journey of 10+ years.

87 dB/mW sensitivity and 600 ohm impedance!!! Not a matter of volume, but the bass is one-noted and untextured, with a drop in dynamics when it is not powered well.

Even some of my higher end DAC/AMPs like the Chord Mojo 2 can't get the Yinman 600 ohm singing properly. Most of my DAPs and dongles fail to do the sound justice, so I am confined to desktop grade amps for the Yinmans, with the exception of some outlier dongles like the Fiio KA17 (650 mW output) (though even this KA17 doesn't sound as good as when a desktop amp is used).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back