Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 20, 2024 at 3:54 PM Post #74,461 of 75,575
BUYER BEWARE OF AVCCK EARPHONES STORE ON ALIEXPRESS

I purchased a Puresounds 100-500
From them that arrived without sound in the right earbud. They asked for a video to
Show this so I did and they still
Refuse to refund me! So BEWARE if you get a faulty product, you’re stuck with it!
I had the same issue from a different store, and when I asked them what could they learn from a video, they just sent me the one. And I didn't have to send anything back to them.

Sorry you had a bad experience such as you have though. :frowning2:

Mar 20, 2024 at 6:55 PM Post #74,462 of 75,575
BUYER BEWARE OF AVCCK EARPHONES STORE ON ALIEXPRESS

I purchased a Puresounds 100-500
From them that arrived without sound in the right earbud. They asked for a video to
Show this so I did and they still
Refuse to refund me! So BEWARE if you get a faulty product, you’re stuck with it!
That sucks. If no refund, any chance of a replacement? I know at this point you'd rather just get a full refund and never buy from them again. Definitely submit a complaint directly to AliExpress.

Mar 21, 2024 at 2:48 AM Post #74,463 of 75,575
When you get them let me/us know what you think of them
So, I already got Viridis.
Didn't have time to listen to them in detail. But. I was afraid the sound might be shrill and thin. No, it is not.The sound is voluminous, very clean and detailed. To be honest, I was more impressed with them than when I first listened to the Fiio FF5.
I will add my impressions over time. But now, I am very satisfied. Concluded, that I am tolerant of earbuds with a bright sound)

I would like to ask, can RW3000 offer more detailed sound, or am I already close to TOTL in this sense?

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2024 at 1:27 PM Post #74,465 of 75,575
I'd like to thank you all for the recomendations. I bought in Ali sale (price in USD with taxes):
FAAEAL Iris ($1,21)
FAAEAL Snow Lotus ($4,36)
FAAEAL Rosemary ($13,45)
Temperament X6 ($33,95)
All four buds were cheaper than Truthear Zero Red, my favorite but fatigating IEM.
I believe now I'l have a lot of good earbuds to play with, while I wait a FF3 sale under 50 USD (probably won't happn hehe).

Mar 21, 2024 at 1:59 PM Post #74,466 of 75,575
I'd like to thank you all for the recomendations. I bought in Ali sale (price in USD with taxes):
FAAEAL Iris ($1,21)
FAAEAL Rosemary ($13,45)
Temperament X6 ($33,95)
All four buds were cheaper than Truthear Zero Red, my favorite but fatigating IEM.
I believe now I'l have a lot of good earbuds to play with, while I wait a FF3 sale under 50 USD (probably won't happn hehe).
A great lot of earbuds. I started with those same Faaeal ones myself. Enjoy!

There MAY be an FF3 for sale in the classifieds here in your price range. :wink:

Mar 21, 2024 at 11:26 PM Post #74,467 of 75,575
FAAEAL Iris ($1,21)
FAAEAL Rosemary ($13,45)
Temperament X6 ($33,95)
@nicolaspiazza Congrats on your new shiny's!:ksc75smile:

You got them at good prices too. I'm currently saving up for a rikubud, but the snow lotus is only $5 on the Ali sale. I might have to pick it up.

Please let us know you're thoughts after you've spent some time with them!

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2024 at 11:42 AM Post #74,468 of 75,575
@nicolaspiazza Congrats on your new shiny's!:ksc75smile:

You got them at good prices too. I'm currently saving up for a rikubud, but the snow lotus is only $5 on the Ali sale. I might have to pick it up.

Please let us know you're thoughts after you've spent some time with them!
Thanks! And @dnolan227 too! Sure I will, I'm anxious for it hehe

BTW, do you think I should buy some kind of male 4.4 female 3.5 adapter? Some of the buds aren't balanced. I found this one on ali:

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mMNLBee

And this fancier one:

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLmOhN4

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2024 at 4:40 PM Post #74,471 of 75,575
Could you explain me why not?
There's a lot of confusion in regards to how to wire and use plugs for adapters. 3.5mm to 4.4mm is dangerous which can cause shorts in a balanced source, but a 4.4mm to 3.5mm is perfectly safe.

Edit: wait do you want to go 3.5mm plug in then 4.4mm plug out? I am a little confused by your question above.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2024 at 4:43 PM Post #74,472 of 75,575
There's a lot of confusion in regards to how to wire and use plugs for adapters. 3.5mm to 4.4mm is dangerous which can cause shorts in a balanced source, but a 4.4mm to 3.5mm is perfectly safe.

Edit: wait do you want to go 3.5mm plug in then 4.4mm plug out? I am a little confused by your question above.
Thanks, bro!
I was thinking about plug-in a male 3.5 headphone into a female 3.5 adapter to a balanced 4.4 male that would be pluged onto a Moondrop Dawn Pro 4.4 balanced.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2024 at 4:56 PM Post #74,473 of 75,575
Thanks, bro!
I was thinking about plug-in a male 3.5 headphone into a female 3.5 adapter to a balanced 4.4 male that would be pluged onto a Moondrop Dawn Pro 4.4 balanced.
Ohhhhhhh nononono, don't do that. The short answer for why you shouldnt do that is because it will fry and damage your Dawn Pro. The long answer is a scientific one about balanced and un balanced connections.

There are adapters that exist, but they are all dodgy in some way. I would genuinely suggest not doing it.

Mar 22, 2024 at 8:21 PM Post #74,474 of 75,575
Could you explain me why not?
Here is a post that I made regarding those adapters (exactly like you are asking about; male 4.4mm balanced to female 3.5mm SE):
iBasso has a "trusted" one as well. The only reason I use the word trusted is because you can actually get these from a lot of Chinese sources, but you are taking a chance that they have wired them correctly, and not just re-labeled a standard adapter (because there are also 3.5mm balanced connections that can use these standard adapters). One has to be very careful when buying this type of adapter.

From an electrical standpoint you can look at it this way: The single ended (here forth known as SE) circuit has only 3 wires. You have the left hot wire, right hot wire, and the 2 grounds that are tied together. The ground is the important part here when trying to figure out if you can plug a differing setup into the amplifier/DAP/source. in an amplifier that has any SE connection (typically 3.5mm) the two grounds are tied together.

In a balanced connection you have 4 wires (as opposed to 3 in the SE); left hot wire, right hot wire, ground for left, and ground for right, and they are all separated in the amplifier circuit. An added benefit of having this setup is that you eliminate any crosstalk you might have in a SE connection. So in your amplifier circuit, if you go from balanced connection out to a SE cable or head gear, you are shorting out the ground wires. Since each transducer only has 2 wires, there is no dedicated ground (a positive and negative, and a true ground), and that means that the ground is considered "hot" as well (having electrical potential). So with this setup it would be like taking something like a "household" extension cord that only has 2 wires (not the commercial one that has an extra/true ground) and cutting off the outgoing end (leaving the wall plugin alone), stripping the wires, and touching the red and black together. Though it would be a lesser effect in a sound circuit, it is essentially the same thing that you are doing here.

Since the SE circuit in the amplifier is already set up to have the grounds shorted, it doesn't harm it, but in balanced they are wired internally to be separated and will cause harm to the amplifier if those circuits are shorted by using a SE cable or adapter.

Mar 22, 2024 at 8:31 PM Post #74,475 of 75,575
Thanks, bro!
Think of it this way, if you can't remember:

• Source = any balanced connection (2.5mm, 3.5mm balanced not SE, or 4.4mm) out to any balanced cable = Good!
  • Source = any balanced connection (2.5mm, 3.5mm balanced not SE, or 4.4mm) out to single ended cable = BAD!

• Source = single ended connection out to any balanced cable (2.5mm, or 4.4mm, or 3.5 balanced) or single ended cable = GOOD!
Edit: OH! And there is a technical term that describes what can happen when you short the grounds (that are considered as hot) in any electronic component. It is known as "letting the smoke out"..... :wink:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back