Earbuds Round-Up
Feb 29, 2024 at 12:03 PM Post #74,161 of 75,271
Hi everyone. So i just discovered that Newbsound 32Pro are available to buy again. I was wondering if there's anybody who's using it til this day. I want to know how it performs in the current meta. Thank you

Feb 29, 2024 at 2:52 PM Post #74,162 of 75,271
finally my Yincrow rw3000 arrieved. they are really good after first hour of listening, tho something makes me want to stop testing and get my ES-P1 in my ears.
cant say what it is exactly. maybe its that there is no depth in the middle of the soundstage. it is more like a 3 blobs soundstage. one blob spotted right between my ears and one on each side of the ears, that are wide but only some single sounds seem to reach out into the depth. it also seems, that the soundstage has only one layer of height and is not very tall too.
its kind of weird. have to give it a lot more listening time to fully understand, whats going on.
tonaly and tuning wise, they seem to be pretty flawless tho. almost to a point that its boring, as nothing stands out neither exceptionally good, nor bad.
for those looking for a decent iem alternative it might be the way to go, as it hasnt any roll off on any side of the spectrum and also it is quite detailed and doesnt get confused when there is a lot going on in your music. so it avoids all the shortcomings you might expect from an earbud. will report how it develops in the coming days and do some comparisons to some of my other buds.

I concur.

It's not that RW3000 is a bad earbud, I just don't want to keep listening to it - too boring.
I'd rater listen to Yincrow X6 over RW3000.

Feb 29, 2024 at 3:31 PM Post #74,163 of 75,271
Hi earbuddies!
Sorry if this is searchable, I wasn't really able to find a good answer.

I haven't really been looking at earbuds for a while now, and I feel a bit overwhelmed trying to find one that will fit my tastes and needs...
Currently using Truthear Hola in-ears, but I want something open and not painful to wear for long periods of time.

What earbuds should I look into if I like Sennheiser HD650-ish sound - and want to use it for gaming, so a microphone as well?
A bonus would be a detachable cable but not a requirement. A microphone however is, so if cable is detachable and you can get a microphone cable for it, that would be nice.

Basically, I prefer a relaxed sound that doesn't get harsh, with good midrange. I don't like it too "dark" or overly warm, but prefer that to the opposite.

I don't really have a budget, and I have no idea what these things costs nowadays, but... say under €150 if possible?

Cheers!

Feb 29, 2024 at 3:52 PM Post #74,164 of 75,271
Regarding a custom cable for the CAX make sure the gauge limit is 26 AWG, otherwise could be too big for the earbuds housing.

Feb 29, 2024 at 4:55 PM Post #74,165 of 75,271
finally my Yincrow rw3000 arrieved. they are really good after first hour of listening, tho something makes me want to stop testing and get my ES-P1 in my ears.
cant say what it is exactly. maybe its that there is no depth in the middle of the soundstage. it is more like a 3 blobs soundstage. one blob spotted right between my ears and one on each side of the ears, that are wide but only some single sounds seem to reach out into the depth. it also seems, that the soundstage has only one layer of height and is not very tall too.
its kind of weird. have to give it a lot more listening time to fully understand, whats going on.
tonaly and tuning wise, they seem to be pretty flawless tho. almost to a point that its boring, as nothing stands out neither exceptionally good, nor bad.
for those looking for a decent iem alternative it might be the way to go, as it hasnt any roll off on any side of the spectrum and also it is quite detailed and doesnt get confused when there is a lot going on in your music. so it avoids all the shortcomings you might expect from an earbud. will report how it develops in the coming days and do some comparisons to some of my other buds.
Congrats on your new shiny! :)

Even though I DO indeed still recommend the RW3000, I, myself still favor the RW2000 over the RW3000. @JAnonymous5150 and I have held the opposite over the years for these two buds (though not by a ton, mind you). The RW2000 are just more musical of a presentation, because they are a bit bassier, and less forward in the treble region (for starters) while the RW3000 have a bit more precise presentation. You should be able to search for my impressions of the RW3000 compared to the RW2000 from when I first got them. Over time, the more I listened to the RW3000, the more I liked them (though I DO sometimes wish they didn't have that 3K spike that still hurts my ears when I crank the volume). And, your comments about the staging baffles me, and I can only say that it must be a difference in ears (once again), because I don't hear the issues with staging that you hear in that way at all. So sorry to hear that you aren't as fond of them as others are.

Having said that, I still do love the RW3000 as well, and think they are a great compliment to other Yincrow earbuds. I suppose a tuning that you might call boring, is almost exactly what an audiophile wanting to critical listen, is looking for. And for the most part, there is nothing out there tuned quite like this, though the Alpha 3 and FF5 reach near to this tuning achievement. This has always put them in a top tier category for me because there aren't a ton of other buds out there that are as goo at being "reference" sound as these are. But as always, all ears are different, and this set isn't for everyone.
Hi earbuddies!
Sorry if this is searchable, I wasn't really able to find a good answer.

I haven't really been looking at earbuds for a while now, and I feel a bit overwhelmed trying to find one that will fit my tastes and needs...
Currently using Truthear Hola in-ears, but I want something open and not painful to wear for long periods of time.

What earbuds should I look into if I like Sennheiser HD650-ish sound - and want to use it for gaming, so a microphone as well?
A bonus would be a detachable cable but not a requirement. A microphone however is, so if cable is detachable and you can get a microphone cable for it, that would be nice.

Basically, I prefer a relaxed sound that doesn't get harsh, with good midrange. I don't like it too "dark" or overly warm, but prefer that to the opposite.

I don't really have a budget, and I have no idea what these things costs nowadays, but... say under €150 if possible?

Cheers!
The only bud that I can think of that sounds like the HD650 are the Yinman 2.0 600, but you will need an amplifier that measures in watts, rather than milliwatts in order to properly drive them (much like the actual HD650 or the LCDs) because they are very high impedance @600ohms, and very low sensitivity @87dB/mW. If that is not an option, either the Yincrow RW2000 or the FiiO FF3 might fill this requirement for sound and are very easy to drive.

However, of those three, only the RW2000 comes with a detachable cable, and none come with a mic out of the box. I don't think you will find any that sound as good as (or similar to) the HD650s that actually come with a mic. Most times only the budget buds come with a mic (though not always). If you are looking for a budget option that has not only a mic, but controls for devices out of the box as well (and a DAC/amp dongle), and sound warm and relaxing (though not as refined as the other choices in sound overall), the FiiO FF1 are a very good option as well. That isn't to say they sound bad at all, you can just tell that they don't quite match the TOTL options.

P.S. All of these choices are well under $150 and are all TOTL buds (except the FF1, which is a budget option as mentioned).

Feb 29, 2024 at 5:20 PM Post #74,166 of 75,271
Even though I DO indeed still recommend the RW3000, I, myself still favor the RW2000 over the RW3000. @JAnonymous5150 and I have held the opposite over the years for these two buds (though not by a ton, mind you). The RW2000 are just more musical of a presentation, because they are a bit bassier, and less forward in the treble region (for starters) while the RW3000 have a bit more precise presentation. You should be able to search for my impressions of the RW3000 compared to the RW2000 from when I first got them. Over time, the more I listened to the RW3000, the more I liked them (though I DO sometimes wish they didn't have that 3K spike that still hurts my ears when I crank the volume). And, your comments about the staging baffles me, and I can only say that it must be a difference in ears (once again), because I don't hear the issues with staging that you hear in that way at all. So sorry to hear that you aren't as fond of them as others are.

Having said that, I still do love the RW3000 as well, and think they are a great compliment to other Yincrow earbuds. I suppose a tuning that you might call boring, is almost exactly what an audiophile wanting to critical listen, is looking for. And for the most part, there is nothing out there tuned quite like this, though the Alpha 3 and FF5 reach near to this tuning achievement. This has always put them in a top tier category for me because there aren't a ton of other buds out there that are as goo at being "reference" sound as these are. But as always, all ears are different, and this set isn't for everyone.
It is very similar to my opinion about RW-2000 vs RW-3000. (except for 2000 as "a bit bassier" - I guess, it's just subjective feeling resulted from difference of the timbres area).

Feb 29, 2024 at 6:59 PM Post #74,167 of 75,271
(except for 2000 as "a bit bassier"
And you are probably 100% correct insomuch as they might have the same quantity, but the perceived amount might differ because of the rolled-off treble of the RW2000.

I will say this though, which might also give the perception of more quantity of bass on the RW2000; the rw2000 can go much deeper in bass and be more audible in that region as well. Don't get me wrong, I do not profess that they (RW2000) have some huge rumble, just that it goes deeper and you can actually here it, comparatively speaking. With the RW3000 there is a pretty steep bass roll-off (at what frequency, I cannot say because it has been a very long time since I tested it).

At one point I took both buds and gave them the same low shelf to see if the driver could handle some more sub bass without distortion, and where the RW2000 only needed a few dB to make it more linear with the mid-bass, the RW3000 needed about 12dB to hear at the same, or near same levels of sub bass (unscientifically performed, of course; just using my hearing). I know this doesn't really prove too much, but it DOES seem that the RW3000 have more of a boost in the mid-bass to give the perception of more quantity, or to make up for the lack of sub-bass, where the RW2000 seem to be a bit more linear in this region; though I still wouldn't call them "boosted" as such.

Plus, the RW2000 seem to have just a tad bit more upper bass, giving them a little more perceived warmth. This can contribute to the perceived claim of "bassier" as well. :wink:

All this just using my (flawed) hearing, so of course, YMMV. :)

Edit: Also keep in mind that when I said "bassier", I don't find either one of them particularly bassy compared to the Yinman or the FF3, or etc... Just the RW2000 compared to the RW3000 (though both are pretty punchy in any case).

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2024 at 3:52 AM Post #74,168 of 75,271
The only bud that I can think of that sounds like the HD650 are the Yinman 2.0 600, but you will need an amplifier that measures in watts, rather than milliwatts in order to properly drive them (much like the actual HD650 or the LCDs) because they are very high impedance @600ohms, and very low sensitivity @87dB/mW. If that is not an option, either the Yincrow RW2000 or the FiiO FF3 might fill this requirement for sound and are very easy to drive.

However, of those three, only the RW2000 comes with a detachable cable, and none come with a mic out of the box. I don't think you will find any that sound as good as (or similar to) the HD650s that actually come with a mic. Most times only the budget buds come with a mic (though not always). If you are looking for a budget option that has not only a mic, but controls for devices out of the box as well (and a DAC/amp dongle), and sound warm and relaxing (though not as refined as the other choices in sound overall), the FiiO FF1 are a very good option as well. That isn't to say they sound bad at all, you can just tell that they don't quite match the TOTL options.

P.S. All of these choices are well under $150 and are all TOTL buds (except the FF1, which is a budget option as mentioned).
I see... I only have a dongle amplifier right now, the Creative X1, since I am downsizing my desktop setup after moving on to speakers combined with moving to a new town... :) No big strong amplifiers left in the house.

That list was a little bit shorter than I expected, if I am entirely honest. But it makes some sense.
What about FiiO FF5 - it seems to be available around 120 euro and has a detachable MMCX. Could I connect an old IEM cable with microphone to that?
What about getting both FiiO FF3S and FF1, then doing a cable swap for the FF1 cable. Or perhaps the FF3 is very different from the FF3S now that I look at the two...

I don't fully expect it to sound like HD650 of course, just want something that's on the very slightly warm side of "neutral".

Thank you very much for the reply. Lots to consider here, it seems!

Mar 1, 2024 at 7:56 AM Post #74,169 of 75,271
I see... I only have a dongle amplifier right now, the Creative X1, since I am downsizing my desktop setup after moving on to speakers combined with moving to a new town... :) No big strong amplifiers left in the house.

That list was a little bit shorter than I expected, if I am entirely honest. But it makes some sense.
What about FiiO FF5 - it seems to be available around 120 euro and has a detachable MMCX. Could I connect an old IEM cable with microphone to that?
What about getting both FiiO FF3S and FF1, then doing a cable swap for the FF1 cable. Or perhaps the FF3 is very different from the FF3S now that I look at the two...

I don't fully expect it to sound like HD650 of course, just want something that's on the very slightly warm side of "neutral".

Thank you very much for the reply. Lots to consider here, it seems!
I think you're not getting many options because there aren't many earbuds with detachable cables.

I did, however, just come across a DIYer in the Philippines who makes MMCX earbuds. He's on FB as LREY Portable Music. You'll just need to buy a third party cable with a mic.

Mar 1, 2024 at 7:58 AM Post #74,170 of 75,271
Speaking of, any UK-based earbud enthusiast on here interested in grabbing a group deal on LREY earbuds? @ian91, @Ohmboy, @Kenyon, anyone else? I'll DM if folks are keen

Mar 1, 2024 at 8:12 AM Post #74,172 of 75,271
Speaking of, any UK-based earbud enthusiast on here interested in grabbing a group deal on LREY earbuds? @ian91, @Ohmboy, @Kenyon, anyone else? I'll DM if folks are keen
I am somewhat tempted! I don't have facebook anymore but I am curious to see what he offers now.

Mar 1, 2024 at 8:36 AM Post #74,173 of 75,271
now there's something simpler,
I had ordered a second CAX Susvara with a more flexible cable that Herry intended for the Korean market and which is flexible and allows me to place the bare earbuds in my ears without any listening problems. For the moment, it's in the early stages of burning but the small initial test already gave a perfect sound, just a little warmer, which certainly makes it similar to the combination with the leonidas.
Herry is now planning to offer it with this cable.

IMG_0888.jpeg
I'd love to try a CAX someday, IDK if I can shell out (no pun intended) about 1000+ on one thou!
Hello :ksc75smile:

Iam looking for earbud recomendations, i listen to jazz/classical and my budget would be 50$ i prefer warmer/dark or balanced sound sig.
At that price there are a few budget ones based off aliexpress! NiceHCK has the EB2S which has a safe tuning. The pro version, being the blue one, is much warmer than the regular EB2S, so may be your choice! It also had a nice fit for many ears, rather than the traditional ones we find.

Mar 1, 2024 at 8:40 AM Post #74,175 of 75,271
I think you're not getting many options because there aren't many earbuds with detachable cables.

I did, however, just come across a DIYer in the Philippines who makes MMCX earbuds. He's on FB as LREY Portable Music. You'll just need to buy a third party cable with a mic.
Of course - it doesn't have to be detachable, but I guess the microphone requirement is what makes it difficult... :)

How about EB2S Pro, they seem to be recommended as a "fatigue free" option and I found this graph:
https://i.imgur.com/neAjFGk.png
which seems to indicate that it's on the warmer side of things, and it comes with a microphone option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back