Earbuds Round-Up
Dec 30, 2023 at 5:17 PM Post #73,412 of 75,250
Serratus is not my cup of tea at all.
It's no secret, too much damping (for my taste)... It would be ideal to be able to get your hands on a pair of Blue Moon earbuds to see how the treble should be like... or much simpler, be my friend lol 😁

Very interesting, how can I get my hands on a pair of Blue Moon earbuds? I am absolutely interesting in buying the best value sets I can. I absolutely love the details the Serratus offers with well produced music.

Hahaha... absolutely, I would love to be your friend :)

I am over the age of 50 with hearing up to 12kHz, so it is possible that extended treble is not of great benefit. I am sensitive to treble at about 3.5kHz, and I am definitely not a treble head (or a bass head).

I broke my DSP UMIK-1 yesterday :frowning2: I have ordered a new DSP UMIK-2 so I will wait for it to arrive before I continue to

Dec 30, 2023 at 5:40 PM Post #73,413 of 75,250
El Cant de la Sibil-la: I. Sibil-la latine
JORDI SAVALL

Listening directly on the web only gives an inadequate rendering of what it feels like to listen to the Blue Moon...

Purity and calm are present, and the Blue Moon are quite close, to my ears, to the VE APWS, especially with LP DAP.

Thank you. That was wonderful.

It seems the VE APWS is no longer available. Are there general opinions that other VE sets are of good quality and value?

Dec 30, 2023 at 6:43 PM Post #73,414 of 75,250
Just in time for them to not be the flagship any more lol 9572A7C5-52CC-49D5-894D-ADB292314EBD.jpeg10065019-A11C-4EBE-881A-EE1753AA6F1E.jpeg93C5A06F-0188-4F41-A252-9C3A23B01812.jpeg
Hi RW-3000 👋🏾👋🏾

Dec 30, 2023 at 7:46 PM Post #73,416 of 75,250
Just in time for them to not be the flagship any more lol9572A7C5-52CC-49D5-894D-ADB292314EBD.jpeg10065019-A11C-4EBE-881A-EE1753AA6F1E.jpeg93C5A06F-0188-4F41-A252-9C3A23B01812.jpeg
Hi RW-3000 👋🏾👋🏾
Nice! Congrats on your new buds. Hope you bought them during the recent sales... if you did, at least you didn't pay the TOTL price.

Dec 30, 2023 at 11:16 PM Post #73,418 of 75,250
Very interesting, how can I get my hands on a pair of Blue Moon earbuds? I am absolutely interesting in buying the best value sets I can. I absolutely love the details the Serratus offers with well produced music.

Hahaha... absolutely, I would love to be your friend :)

I am over the age of 50 with hearing up to 12kHz, so it is possible that extended treble is not of great benefit. I am sensitive to treble at about 3.5kHz, and I am definitely not a treble head (or a bass head).

I broke my DSP UMIK-1 yesterday :frowning2: I have ordered a new DSP UMIK-2 so I will wait for it to arrive before I continue to
Please contact @FranQL . Even if he and I are good friends, he is the one who decides what he wants to do with Blue Moon
My latest build:

These are my "Ariana".

If you're interested to build a set, here's the parts. It is not drag and drop.
130Ω Beryllium driver and Huayunxin 15.4mm Waist Drum shell.

Bro you did an excellent job. 👌 Why 130 bery and not one of their drivers?
BTW... we deserve a better picture too. They look too good to be left in the dark

Dec 30, 2023 at 11:42 PM Post #73,419 of 75,250
So I finally bit the bullet and ordered another pair of Yinman 600 (the faces of my first pair came loose and one channel cut out) from AVCCK (from whom I ordered the first pair). I was first informed there would be a delay and then was informed the package had been returned by the shipper (prior to leaving China). Upon being asked if I wished to reorder, I agreed, only to be later informed that the parcel had again been returned from the shipper prior to leaving China. No explanation as to why. My money was, upon my request, refunded by Aliexpress.

Dec 31, 2023 at 1:30 AM Post #73,422 of 75,250
Bro you did an excellent job. 👌 Why 130 bery and not one of their drivers?
BTW... we deserve a better picture too. They look too good to be left in the dark
Thank you Bro, I had fun building this set which turned out both very nice in looks and sound. Why 130 Bery? Because the Bery drivers (130, 500 and 600) that I've played with are some of the absolute best DIY drivers and I wanted to build a metal shell 130, which turned out to be a great success. I did buy their Huayunxin blue 80Ω LCP driver and will play with it in the future.

That darker pic was my "glamour" shot... Here's Ariana playing in the light.

Ariana 01.jpg

Ariana 02.jpg

Dec 31, 2023 at 3:05 AM Post #73,423 of 75,250
Blue Moon has the best treble extension that I have heard, apart from the ClieOS planar. Serratus had a treble peak that enhanced a sharpness but I'm almost certain Blue Moon has more air extension. I will compare to see.

I found a setup with Blue Moon that's warm such that I could take off the foams and still retain some reasonable bass extension. It goes quite dry but oh man was the air present. The imaging was pin point. Definitely a very capable driver (and tuning secret sauce).

Nice Ibis Fran, I somewhat wish my unit was MMCX too! A really special little earbud. Not as balanced as Blue Moon or as airy but has a special appeal to it in the midrange.

I compared for a little while, not very long, and found that they actually have similar air but the treble peak on Serratus is very distracting for me. It definitely colours things and for little benefit. Even on my warm and forgiving source things are overly sharp. Credit where it is due, the Serratus has a better low end, extending deeper and generally more full and expansive.

@fordgtlover if you enjoy Serratus I would stick with that! Especially given TGXear generally tunes with less pinna gain than Fran and that lies around your area of sensitivity.

Dec 31, 2023 at 3:14 AM Post #73,424 of 75,250
Serratus is not my cup of tea at all.
It's no secret, too much damping (for my taste)... It would be ideal to be able to get your hands on a pair of Blue Moon earbuds to see how the treble should be like... or much simpler, be my friend lol 😁
I'm one of your friends right?🥺 haha
Please contact @FranQL . Even if he and I are good friends, he is the one who decides what he wants to do with Blue Moon
Yeah, that's why I've stopped asking @FranQL about his earbuds in here. While I'm very interested in getting one, I totally respect his decision. I don't want to be an annoyance to him; he's already getting overwhelming requests for his earbuds, and I don't want to add to that.
Thank you Bro, I had fun building this set which turned out both very nice in looks and sound. Why 130 Bery? Because the Bery drivers (130, 500 and 600) that I've played with are some of the absolute best DIY drivers and I wanted to build a metal shell 130, which turned out to be a great success. I did buy their Huayunxin blue 80Ω LCP driver and will play with it in the future.

That darker pic was my "glamour" shot... Here's Ariana playing in the light.

I 💯 agree with that. The 130, 500, and 600 ohm beryllium are the best DIY drivers I've tried, and I think a lot of people in here share the same response. That earbud is absolutely stunning. The shell design reminds me of the Spirit Torino IEM Twin Pulse Beryllium. Which is a funny coincidence because you're also using a beryllium driver for that lol.IMG_20231231_160827.jpg

Dec 31, 2023 at 3:30 AM Post #73,425 of 75,250
The shell design reminds me of the Spirit Torino IEM Twin Pulse Beryllium. Which is a funny coincidence because you're also using a beryllium driver for that lol.
I thought the exact same thought BUT @mt877 buds are much more attractive! Beautiful build! 😍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back