Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 30, 2023 at 1:47 PM Post #72,976 of 75,377
Until then the search is on for some Deadstock available K300 Samsara
I found this
Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! $137.50 | Ksearphone Reincarnation 300/520 Ohm High Impedance Earbuds HiFi Music Audiophile Musican Flagship Flat Head In Ear Earphones
https://a.aliexpress.com/_msFA0wo

Nov 30, 2023 at 2:31 PM Post #72,977 of 75,377
I found this
Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! $137.50 | Ksearphone Reincarnation 300/520 Ohm High Impedance Earbuds HiFi Music Audiophile Musican Flagship Flat Head In Ear Earphones
https://a.aliexpress.com/_msFA0wo
Yes those are the ones / there are like 3-4 shops who list them on Ali but unfortunately they have now been discontinued. I have no idea why they are keeping the listings up because 1 day after you order they tell you they are discontinued and cancel the order. Had it happen twice now from 2 different places and IIRC it also happened to someone else in this forum from one of the other retailers.

They are/were a classic bud - previous TOTL - people spoke about them like they did the EBX21, Yinmans and Puresounds. I believe @RikudouGoku reviewed them back in the day...

On discord - I "think" it was carbon (not sure if he is on here) showed me the limited edition version of these - they are something else visually / perhaps they are still in stock - I haven't actually checked as not sure I can rock this look...

https://a.aliexpress.com/_EGJ06YV

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2023 at 6:01 PM Post #72,978 of 75,377
Yes those are the ones / there are like 3-4 shops who list them on Ali but unfortunately they have now been discontinued. I have no idea why they are keeping the listings up because 1 day after you order they tell you they are discontinued and cancel the order. Had it happen twice now from 2 different places and IIRC it also happened to someone else in this forum from one of the other retailers.

They are/were a classic bud - previous TOTL - people spoke about them like they did the EBX21, Yinmans and Puresounds. I believe @RikudouGoku reviewed them back in the day...

On discord - I "think" it was carbon (not sure if he is on here) showed me the limited edition version of these - they are something else visually / perhaps they are still in stock - I haven't actually checked as not sure I can rock this look...

https://a.aliexpress.com/_EGJ06YV
That other person be me. I was pretty disappointed, but at least the seller did tell me they contacted their supplier and was told there was no stock and told me to cancel my order immediately. AE processed the refund the next day. I did find another AE source, but I wasn't going to risk it a second time.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2023 at 6:14 PM Post #72,980 of 75,377
My 11.11 stuff is starting to arrive now. Y'all weren't playing when talking about the bass on these things.

20231130_164549.jpg
Congrats on joining the FF3 club. Now you know what we been talking about. Enjoy!

Nov 30, 2023 at 7:13 PM Post #72,981 of 75,377
My 11.11 stuff is starting to arrive now. Y'all weren't playing when talking about the bass on these things.

20231130_164549.jpg
Congrats on your new shiny!

It would be great to hear your impressions on these. :)
Any initial thoughts on the soon to be released

Noble Audio XM-1 xMEMS​

Wandered into the wrong thread?
These are IEMs. This is a thread for flathead earbuds. But, thanks for sharing anyhow. :)

Nov 30, 2023 at 7:15 PM Post #72,982 of 75,377
Exciting...!!! I was trying to get a pair of those also but they only had 3.5mm left in the shop I found them in (discontinued a few years ago so all deadstock) and I was skeptical about driving these buds properly with that. Did you manage to find a balanced version?

Also had my K300 Samsara order cancelled for discontinuation after confirming with the seller before purchasing that they had a 4.4mm version in stock 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
I got it in 3.5mm as I guess that is how it came. No 4.4mm option.

I’m having a similar worry but it’s worth the try for me :)
I can drive them well with a Shanling M3X without cranking the volume too high, but like the Yinman 600s they need some power to be appreciated. They sound very nice driven by either of the 2 desktop amps I have. 1. Pete Millett Starving Student II (not to be mistaken with PMillett's original Starving Student amp) tube hybrid amp (built from a full kit) and 2. Topping A70 Pro.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2023 at 8:50 PM Post #72,984 of 75,377
Anyone actually ever tried to clone the Yinman 600ohm I wonder?
Fran has with one of his creations.... :) From my understanding, it is very similar but with more clarity. Beyond that, I don't know too much about it.

Nov 30, 2023 at 9:00 PM Post #72,985 of 75,377
Fran has with one of his creations.... :) From my understanding, it is very similar but with more clarity. Beyond that, I don't know too much about it.
I assuem it might be using this driver?
tb_image_share_1701390754322.jpg

Nov 30, 2023 at 9:34 PM Post #72,986 of 75,377

Attachments

• Yinman 600ohm .jpg
    Yinman 600ohm .jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 20231018_174846.jpg
    20231018_174846.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0
Nov 30, 2023 at 9:39 PM Post #72,987 of 75,377

This sounds really good without tuning. 300ohm PET. I am not having the fun of DIYing earbuds here. :thinking:
I already have those shells and ordered the 300Ω Pet and other drivers during the 11.11 sale. I'll drag and drop the same combo together and see how they sound. Maybe just a small tuning refinement is required to turn good sounding buds into a great sounding set of buds. Anyway, part of the fun (at least to me) is finding great symbiotic matches between drivers and shells.
My driver order arrived and I did the drag and drop of the 300Ω Pet driver. They sound fantastic with default tuning, to my ears nothing needs to be refined. I would highly recommend to build a set of these buds to anyone here. If you DIY, just do it. If you don't DIY, then pickup the hobby and build these buds, you won't regret it. For these buds all you need to learn is how to solder. They sound great with my Shanling or Sony DAPs, but give them some juice and they are wonderful buds. I'm sure @saldsald will agree with me.

Shells: MMCX Earphone Shell 15.4mm (4 colors: Black, Gray, Silver, Blue)
Drivers: 300Ω Pet with black cover
Cable: RY-C8 1.2m, silver plated, 4.4mmBal plug

Edit 1: Some horseshoe foams without adhesive came with the shells which in some cases would be used for tuning of the buds. I did not use them at all. I've built a couple of buds with different drivers using these shells and have never needed to use the supplied horseshoe foams. Just wanted to add that for those thinking about building a set.

Edit 2: Originally I suggested to put the voicecoil (VC) at the bottom of the shell, but that may not be optimal for some people's sound preferences. So my new suggestion is to try listening with the VC positioned at the bottom and then at the top of the shell and choose the position which sounds better to you. Bottom VC position has reduced bass** and slightly more upper end energy. Top VC position increases the bass** and reduces the upper end energy.

** Bass level remains the same (unchanged), the VC position really affects the upper end, which appears to make the bass reduced or increased.

Here's my "Miranda" which is a female name that means "Marvelous".
Miranda 300Ω Blue Pet.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2023 at 9:54 PM Post #72,989 of 75,377
My driver order arrived and I did the drag and drop of the 300Ω Pet driver. They sound fantastic with default tuning, to my ears nothing needs to be refined. I would highly recommend to build a set of these buds to anyone here. If you DIY, just do it. If you don't DIY, then pickup the hobby and build these buds, you won't regret it. For these buds all you need to learn is how to solder. They sound great with my Shanling or Sony DAPs, but give them some juice and they are wonderful buds. I'm sure @saldsald will agree with me.

Very nice build. He is indeed a successful driver. I still prefer it in the transparent MX500 case and for the fact that it is "easier" to useJJ_Blues.jpg

Nov 30, 2023 at 9:56 PM Post #72,990 of 75,377

Very nice bro! Congrats on your new (DIY) shiny! :)

@jeejack I didn't realize I was referring to the Blue Moon... :wink: I was thinking of the Draco or some other wooden shelled set. But that is great to know. No wonder it is liked very much by those that have received a set?! :sunglasses: :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back