Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 18, 2023 at 9:19 AM Post #72,631 of 75,267
Here’s my Ali logistics head scratcher. A very minor one in the grand scale of things, but still slightly puzzling.

I ordered a HiBy DAP from the HiBy official store on Ali on 11/11, within the first half-hour of the event starting. The order says “7-day delivery.”

I ordered the RW3000 from NiceHCK’s store the next day. The order says “Fast delivery.”

I got a text message earlier today telling me to pay customs and duties for the RW3000. The DAP exceeds the personal de minimis as well so I was expecting to pay for that first. But somehow the RW3000 seemed to progress through customs more quickly.
I think the AE stores send bulk shipments to overseas countries to some receiving companies. I have never received any shipment directly from China, the shipments I get (in US) always show a return address from New Jersey, California, Kentucky..., but never directly from China. I wonder if some AE stores stock certain items with those receiving companies for faster delivery.

Edit: When I check my AE orders, they always show “leaving warehouse”, “leaving country”, “cleared customs” type of messages, so they are shipped from China, but as mentioned the shipments must go to a receiver in the US which forwards my purchase to my home.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2023 at 11:43 AM Post #72,632 of 75,267
Impulse buy for the upgraded version......hope they are good?!
1700325803901.png

Nov 18, 2023 at 2:21 PM Post #72,633 of 75,267
Go Bar is actually a neutral bass boost sort of sound with good air extension. The Cirrus chip is quite clean sounding too. I've not heard the Yinman but it might pair well from a tonal perspective. As for power, there was plenty on tap but it was never enough to supplant desktop power for me with high impedance earbuds, so I imagine it would be no different with the Yinman. Volume will be sufficient but dynamics will be lacking.

Having said that, everyone has different demands of their gear and some might not miss that tighter, dynamic sound aslong as it is 'loud' enough.

My general rule is anything below 100-150ohm (some range to account for sensitivity) I find works with a good DAP, above that I prefer a desktop amp. Exceptions are usually when it's a bright earbud that actually benefits from lower power to reduce higher Hz accentuation.
Agreed on your impression of the Go Bar tone. Baskingshark, I do find the Gold version of the Go Bar to be a warmer presentation then the regular version, but I have not yet experienced any veiled/muddy sound with warm buds such as the FF3.

I've found the Go Bar will acceptably drive the HD6XX (300 ohm) but even those headphones sound much more authoritative off my desktop amp. The Yinmans are clearly a higher hill to climb...

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2023 at 4:28 PM Post #72,635 of 75,267
The Zen SU and Yinman really force you to listen to music loud. Impactful mid-bass and note weight. These scale with power too.

Nov 18, 2023 at 4:34 PM Post #72,636 of 75,267
The Zen SU and Yinman really force you to listen to music loud. Impactful mid-bass and note weight. These scale with power too.
Zen SU has totally grown on me so much so that it’s all I’m listening to these days!

Prime Dac + RunAbout 2B FE on the way from the AliExpress 11/11 sale as well as Yinman 2.0 600

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2023 at 4:36 PM Post #72,637 of 75,267
Zen SU has totally grown on me so much so that it’s all I’m listening to these days!

Prime Dac + RunAbout 2B FE on the way from the AliExpress 11/11 sale as well as Yinman 2.0 600 and as of today…. my first FQL bud is being made!!
Wait what?! What happened to your beloved Black Dragon?

Nov 18, 2023 at 4:41 PM Post #72,639 of 75,267

Prime Dac + RunAbout 2B FE on the way from the AliExpress 11/11 sale as well as Yinman 2.0 600 and as of today…. my first FQL bud is being made!!
Nice. I'm glad you're enjoying the Zen SU now. I'm sure you would be pretty happy with the Prime DAC and RA2B-FE too. Plenty of power. Organic and effortless sound. I probably will buy Defiant as soon I have the opportunity.

The Yinman scales a lot with power. It's a intense and warm earbud but it sounds amazing. Fit is perfect for me.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2023 at 4:41 PM Post #72,640 of 75,267
Nov 18, 2023 at 4:43 PM Post #72,641 of 75,267
Nice. I'm glad you're enjoying the Zen SU now. I'm sure you would be pretty happy with the Prime DAC and RA2B-FE too. Plenty of power. Organic and effortless sound. I probably will buy Defiant as soon I have the opportunity.

The Yinman scales a lot with power. It's a intense and warm earbud but it sounds amazing. Fit is perfect for me.

Which earbuds you bought from Fran? I'm waiting for the Black Panther.

I will most likely get a Defiant down the road after the holidays or if I get a nice end of year bonus from work!

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2023 at 4:44 PM Post #72,643 of 75,267
Ksearphone dbx...worth it? I've read a few small things but not enough to feel comfortable jumping in..
Beautiful craftsmanship and build quality. Crystal clear sounding earbuds. Recommend to wear it over ear.

Nov 18, 2023 at 4:45 PM Post #72,644 of 75,267
Nov 18, 2023 at 4:48 PM Post #72,645 of 75,267
BlueMoon!

I’m interested in the Black Panther…

I will most likely get a Defiant down the road after the holidays or if I get a nice end of year bonus from work!
Earbuds are a addiction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back