Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 13, 2023 at 6:39 AM Post #72,466 of 75,554
Probably try the Faaeal Rosemary but take note they're in a MX500 shell I've been using them recently and They're pretty good and detailed

Edit: You can also try Qian69 same price range as Rosemary not as good but have a more comfortable shell
Just be careful, because Rosemary's have an impedance of 150 Ohm and are quite demanding to amplify. By their nature they are distinctly bassy, probably the most so among budget earphones.

Nov 13, 2023 at 7:01 AM Post #72,467 of 75,554
Just be careful, because Rosemary's have an impedance of 150 Ohm and are quite demanding to amplify. By their nature they are distinctly bassy, probably the most so among budget earphones.
I can run it via a dongle comfortably with no problem, and the rosemary have a high sensitivity ratings.

Attachments

• IMG_20231113_195447.jpg
    IMG_20231113_195447.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 13, 2023 at 7:21 AM Post #72,469 of 75,554
I can recommend Rosemary, too. One of my favourites for sure... 👍
Yeah, I really like them too. I received them back on Saturday (11.11), and I haven't had the time to actually listen to them (busy with school work). I was surprised at how good they were. They sound very bassy to me (L-shape?). I only bought them as a reference for future 150-BG builds. Impressive drivers, imho.IMG_20231113_202036.jpg

Nov 13, 2023 at 7:58 AM Post #72,470 of 75,554
Please help.
I bought a type c replacement for my dongle, But it doesnt work. Do I have to buy from the original Hiby store?

When buying a patch cable for audio you need to look for “OTG” in the description. The one you have is designed for drones, not audio. You can also try searching for “DAP cable.” Most cable makers have an audio compatible USB C patch cable but it can be confusing. I have a drawer with several non-functional cables like that too.

Nov 13, 2023 at 11:39 PM Post #72,471 of 75,554
After doing a quick compare of the 3 sets, the Rhino has shades of both the RW-2000 and 3000, but is not an exact match to either. Both 2000 and 3000 have a deeper bass and than Rhino. Both also have extended high end compared to Rhino, but with differences. 2000 high end is not as extended as 3000, or it might be the presence range of the 3000 which is causing that effect(?). Both 2000 and 3000 don't bother me at all and I seem to favor what the 3000 bring to the table. I find the 2000 high end has similarities to the Rhino, but with a bit more extension, but not it's not sharp or edgy, if you know what I mean. I think the RW-2000 might be a good fit for you.
That's what I was thinking too, there's not as many reviews of the RW-2000 compared to the RW-3000 so that was the only thing making me second guess it. Thank you for comparing them, I really appreciate it.

Nov 14, 2023 at 2:22 AM Post #72,472 of 75,554
Hi all, new to this thread. I have recently rediscovered my Smabat ST-10s that I kept in my drawer for a long time. Since I have collected (and made) a lot of cables the last two years so implusively I took out the Smabat again to test it out with some of my cables and I was shocked by the resolution, separation and the tone. I felt I wasted two years getting too many IEMs that sound clipped and boxy. And then I ended up buying the ST20P, ST20, S1 and M5 with the M5 body.20231114_145354.jpg
1st row (left to right):
1. copper alloy with Bispa unplated pure copper plugs (Bispa SHC plugs, DIY cable)
2. rhodium plated wire + copper alloy + Bipsa gold plated pure copper plugs (Bispa SHC plugs, DIY cable)
3. silver plated copper + copper coaxial cable + Furutech Alpha copper Rhodium plated plug (Hakugei wire, DIY cable)
4. Cardas Clear Light wire + Bispa Nickle Free Copper+Silver plated plug (PWAudio 1960s clone but with upgraded plugs, DIY cable)
5. Pure copper wire + Furutech Alpha Copper Rhodium plated plug (Hakugei wire, DIY cable)
2nd row (left to right)
6. Effect Audio Ares S 8W
7. Effect Audio Fusion 1
8. Fifty Strings White Hwak with a Bispa nickle plated pure copper plug (swapped plug)
9. Silver foil wrapped around graphene copper alloy wire with Bispa gold plated brass plug (DIY cable)
10. Pure Silver + copper with Bispa silver plated brass plugs (DIY cable)

and the grey sleeved cable in the middle
11. Silver + copper coaxial wire + Furutech Alpha Copper plug (DIY cable)

As a cable guy I must say that I was even more shocked to learn how cable (and actually more so, plug) dependent buds are compared to IEMs. The shape and size of the stage, the amount of reverb, the dynamics, the smoothness of the sound and the sibilance, etc. can be much easily heard with buds likely due to the non-clipped sound.

I must say that the 3 cables with Furutech Alpha Copper plugs (3,5,11) sound the best with the M5 body and ST20P but they vary in resolution. However, the rendition of the stage (the realism) and the reverb are nearly identical. The stage created by them is totally "out of head" and the grey cable is the most resolving of all. Cable 4 with a very special plug and cable 9 (with super thin conductor per wire) sound worst like everything is misplaced. Other cables sound allright but the stage is not comparable to the Alpha Copper ones.

And I want to share some songs (oldies?) that sound really good with buds:

Anyway, I actually come here with some questions:
I am looking for a bud with a signature like the ST10s and ST20p but I want a little more refinement and better resolution (they are already very resolving in my book). I perfer listening to buds naked (not me naked, the buds) without any foams so the sound should get a bit less bassy. So which bud should I get? RW2000? RW3000? DB1? or any other recommendations? I mentioned these buds only because they seem to be quite popular here. Oh and I prefer in-ear style buds so no cable down. Appreciate the inputs, thanks!

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2023 at 3:08 AM Post #72,473 of 75,554
Anyway, I actually come here with some questions:
I am looking for a bud with a signature like the ST10s and ST20p but I want a little more refinement and better resolution (they are already very resolving in my book). I perfer listening to buds naked (not me naked, the buds) without any foams so the sound should get a bit less bassy. So which bud should I get? RW2000? RW3000? DB1? or any other recommendations? I mentioned these buds only because they seem to be quite popular here. Oh and I prefer in-ear style buds so no cable down. Appreciate the inputs, thanks!
Either RW2000/3000 is good recommendations here or you can get the new Smabat M5 Pros

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2023 at 10:43 AM Post #72,476 of 75,554
The FF3 is currently $20 less than the FF3s, does anyone know if it's worth the difference to get the newer one? I'm not bothered about the removable cable since it's proprietary anyway.

Nov 14, 2023 at 11:00 AM Post #72,477 of 75,554
The FF3 is currently $20 less than the FF3s, does anyone know if it's worth the difference to get the newer one? I'm not bothered about the removable cable since it's proprietary anyway.
@gylyf made a post about it here and here but if you don't really care about the removable cable I think the OG FF3 is a good deal considering better bass plus the stainless steel housing and cheaper??? Do I need to add more lol

Edit: Also think it has better accesories (More foams and carrying case)

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2023 at 11:02 AM Post #72,478 of 75,554
The FF3S is much lighter and fits my ears a little more comfortably than the FF3. I also find it to be a little less pronounced in the bass and a little more extended/resolving than the FF3 (though still a bassy earbud), but that could just be my weird ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back