Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 12, 2023 at 1:43 PM Post #72,451 of 75,272
I'm still a newbie.... :wink:

But congrats anyhow.... :beerchug:

Sometimes some posters get such a high count because they post on the thread where you name a band, and the next person posts another band where the first letter begins with the last letter of the band that the poster before them posted (if that makes sense?!). This can get your post count up really quickly.

Like this person who is always at the top of posts, has over 86K posts.... You can tell though because their reaction score is pretty low (compared to their post count). I normally don't pay too much attention to such things, but one month, someone on here (I think it might even have been our very own @mt877) pointed out that @JAnonymous5150 and I were at the top of the list for the Day, Week, and Month and I was curious to see why this (and a couple other people) were at the top of the list... wow we had big mouths that month!!!! :wink:

None of this is really relevant, I just thought I would share.
Capture.PNG
Tbh I wanna grow my acc here organically and oh was I being too talkative in here? Lol. I wanna be productive and be more friendly towards others still kinda shy tho.

Nov 12, 2023 at 1:44 PM Post #72,452 of 75,272
The AE store removed the product page because it's not available anymore. They sent me an order message and requested that I cancel the order. My AE refund is being processed now. At least the store was honest and alerted me right away about the situation.
How much was it after discount? Aliexpress search is awful and won't find anything I want, but google easily turned up a few other K's 300 listings. This one is 121 USD, never heard of the store though: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804879642974.html

The other mentions got me intrigued though. I might pop that Yincrow 3000 to try out as well, although I'm having trouble finding any reviews of this with comparisons. There's just ClieOS's short one, is everyone else going off that?

Nov 12, 2023 at 1:53 PM Post #72,453 of 75,272
Tbh I wanna grow my acc here organically and oh was I being too talkative in here? Lol. I wanna be productive and be more friendly towards others still kinda shy tho.
Not at all bro.... I didn't mean to suggest otherwise... You can talk in here as much as you like (especially about earbuds). This thread has been a real boon to those that are new to the scene, and sharing ideas, impressions, etc... are paramount to its success as being a good (and helpful) thread. It (and the fine people here) helped me SO much when I was first getting into earbuds.

How much was it after discount? Aliexpress search is awful and won't find anything I want, but google easily turned up a few other K's 300 listings. This one is 121 USD, never heard of the store though: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804879642974.html

The other mentions got me intrigued though. I might pop that Yincrow 3000 to try out as well, although I'm having trouble finding any reviews of this with comparisons. There's just ClieOS's short one, is everyone else going off that?
While not reviews per se', there are a whole lot of impressions on this thread if you do a search. Since this sector of audio is so niche, and some of the companies aren't "mega" brand names, it is really hard to get a whole lot of information from anywhere but here (from what I have seen).

Nov 12, 2023 at 2:00 PM Post #72,454 of 75,272
Not at all bro.... I didn't mean to suggest otherwise... You can talk in here as much as you like (especially about earbuds). This thread has been a real boon to those that are new to the scene, and sharing ideas, impressions, etc... are paramount to its success as being a good (and helpful) thread. It (and the fine people here) helped me SO much when I was first getting into earbuds.
I wasn't offended or anything lol I'm just asking 😁. I was really uncertain about joining at first because your community seems very tight-knit, and I'm afraid of not fitting in, but that wasn't the case because you are all very welcoming and kind. I know a lot of members weren't so active like they used to be when I just got here, but I'm eager to meet them too, soon. I'm very happy to be part of this community.

Nov 12, 2023 at 2:12 PM Post #72,455 of 75,272

A quick check on my phone of that store shows only 12 reviews, all 5 star and mostly blank responses. I'd be very cautious!:astonished:

Nov 12, 2023 at 5:09 PM Post #72,456 of 75,272
A quick check on my phone of that store shows only 12 reviews, all 5 star and mostly blank responses. I'd be very cautious!:astonished:
:ok_hand:
I got the Yincrow RW-3000 and Yinman 600 instead. The aliexpress 46 usd coupon was too tempting. I might be back later to post impressions, but otherwise, see you all next 11/11, this thread is too dangerous lol

Nov 12, 2023 at 5:15 PM Post #72,457 of 75,272
I'm still a newbie.... :wink:

But congrats anyhow.... :beerchug:

Sometimes some posters get such a high count because they post on the thread where you name a band, and the next person posts another band where the first letter begins with the last letter of the band that the poster before them posted (if that makes sense?!). This can get your post count up really quickly.

Like this person who is always at the top of posts, has over 86K posts.... You can tell though because their reaction score is pretty low (compared to their post count). I normally don't pay too much attention to such things, but one month, someone on here (I think it might even have been our very own @mt877) pointed out that @JAnonymous5150 and I were at the top of the list for the Day, Week, and Month and I was curious to see why this person (and a couple other people) were at the top of the list... wow we had big mouths that month!!!! :wink:

None of this is really relevant, I just thought I would share.
Yeah, I ratted you guys out to the Earbuds crew... LOL

Thanks for the new link, but I decline as well at this point. Anyway, to answer your question. I chose option "D" (4th option), which was a balanced plug (4.4mm) and the price was $136.22. The same balanced plug option at your link cost $148.50, so I already had a better price to begin with. Then after retail tax and AE 11/11 discount ($15 off for $100+ order) the final cost was $134.64, so basically the discount covered the retail tax.

Excellent advice!! That store is using the same exact pictures as the store I purchased from. I think we all know that different stores often just copy and paste product descriptions + pictures from other stores so the listing look the same.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2023 at 8:58 PM Post #72,460 of 75,272
In the meantime, is anyone able to get to Smabat official store? I can get to neither www.smabat.cn or www.smabat.com (or any of their other variations that I am aware of)...
Both were down for a while, but both sites are working now. Be patient, might take a little time to load though.

Nov 13, 2023 at 2:37 AM Post #72,461 of 75,272
Please help.
I bought a type c replacement for my dongle, But it doesnt work. Do I have to buy from the original Hiby store?

Attachments

• 20231113_132232.jpg
    20231113_132232.jpg
    831.9 KB · Views: 0
Nov 13, 2023 at 4:31 AM Post #72,462 of 75,272
Please help.
I bought a type c replacement for my dongle, But it doesnt work.

I think you have the wrong forum for that, but since that could be an earbud connected to your dongle, you maybe get a pass? :beyersmile:
If it's an IEM, then automatic execution of course. 💀
Do I have to buy from the original Hiby store?
No, any usbc cable that supports data should work. My guess is that your cable is either faulty or it only supports power transfer and not data. I don't know much about Orsen except I know that they make power banks, so it's possible that that cable is only made for power.

Nov 13, 2023 at 5:03 AM Post #72,463 of 75,272
Please help.
I bought a type c replacement for my dongle, But it doesnt work. Do I have to buy from the original Hiby store?

I've used aftermarket USB-C cables to connect Hiby FC1, FC3, FD1 and FD3 to phone and computer, those worked fine. So faulty cable or charging only as suggested above. Data transfer rate and supported wattages also vary between cables. There may be a minimum data transfer rate for the DAC to handshake with the device?:triportsad:

Edit: remember to check that cable has a wattage rating and data transfer rate listed in the product description. Fiio Official Store or Bright Audio Store might have a Fiio cable on sale if the Hiby Official Store doesn't.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2023 at 5:56 AM Post #72,465 of 75,272
Are there any earbuds that sound like the Qian39 just with better resolution and separation that aren’t expensive?
Probably try the Faaeal Rosemary but take note they're in a MX500 shell I've been using them recently and They're pretty good and detailed

Edit: You can also try Qian69 same price range as Rosemary not as good but have a more comfortable shell

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back