Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 1, 2023 at 7:21 AM Post #72,136 of 75,265
Have you tried Amp12 with these? They start to open up a whole lot with the difference of 1W and are no longer as intimate (which I agree that they CAN be with less driving power). With the right power these can have a very big stage (believe it or not).

Depending on the volume at which you listen to them, they can take up to 10W to drive them correctly, so they WILL indeed scale, the more power you are able to provide to them. :)

I think that if these were marketed better, they would be a WHOLE lot more popular than they have been (which is not to say they aren't popular, just not a "household name" type of popular).
In longer have the DX320/AMP12 but the MAX Ti has more driving power and a better amp section. Nonetheless, I will add the MASS-kobo 475 to the chain. I also will receive the RA2B-FE soon which is designed to drive demanding earbuds. If they can take up to 10w of power, I might consider buying the Defiant too. I love these earbuds from the first very listening, I really wasn't expecting it.

Nov 1, 2023 at 7:51 AM Post #72,137 of 75,265
I know a few earbud enthusiasts who skipped out on the Yinman 600s due to the crazy driving requirements.

Some of them only use a small dongle + smartphone and went for easier to drive gear. If there were a earbud that sounded similar to the Yinman 600 without needing the wicked amplification demands, that would be the killer.
You are absolutely right. These remain my favorite "store bought" buds. We shall have to see, with the next new models, whether the lesser impedance buds will sound as good, or even close to the 2.0 600s.

And, while they are commercially available, the @FranQL made Caelum are very similar in sound, though much much easier to drive. :)
In longer have the DX320/AMP12 but the MAX Ti has more driving power and a better amp section. Nonetheless, I will add the MASS-kobo 475 to the chain. I also will receive the RA2B-FE soon which is designed to drive demanding earbuds. If they can take up to 10w of power, I might consider buying the Defiant too. I love these earbuds from the first very listening, I really wasn't expecting it.
I would be interested in hearing your power experimentations with this bud.

I am planning on getting the iFi Pro iCan Signature in the future (especially for head gear like this), but for now other things draw my attention and money away from pulling the trigger on this.

Nov 1, 2023 at 12:48 PM Post #72,138 of 75,265
Cut off the ear hooks. In general, the headphones are quite large, and periodically fall out during any installation. When using ear hooks, they may move slightly away from the ear, but stay close. When worn with a cable from below, they will move away or fall out. Therefore, in any case, they will have to be corrected. The same reviews about the original YE-01 model. But for people wearing glasses like me, it's more convenient to wear the cable down. Or I just like it better :)

Attachments

• IMG20231101192849.jpg
    IMG20231101192849.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 0
Nov 1, 2023 at 4:48 PM Post #72,141 of 75,265
I promised to write something about the new QKZ headphones called MDR and I'm going to compare them with the Faaeal Iris 2.0. The accessories are decent - 2 pairs of foams, a shirt clip, ear hooks and a cheap-looking hard case, which is indeed made of low-quality plastic.
PANA0727.JPG

Here's the Iris 2.0 set, which I like better, because I think the fabric pouch is better than the plastic case.
PANA0729.JPG

The build quality is acceptable, earbuds are quite nice, but the cable is not good at all, because it tangles easily and is rubbery to the touch, connectors, splitter and microphone are made of plastic.
PANA0728.JPG

Faaeal wins without a doubt, the shells are similar in quality, but the cable is simply amazing - nice braid plus metal connectors, splitter and microphone.
PANA0732.JPG

And what about the sound? QKZ have slightly less bass (mostly midbass, as sub bass is generally lacking in earbuds), the midrange is a bit thinner, upper midrange is pronounced with some treble peak, making the MDR more detailed, but in an artificial way. Soundstage is similar, but Iris have better and more natural tonality. In terms of comfort - Faaeal are better, although I am not a fan of these universal shells. In conclusion - I will not recommend QKZ MDR, because there are better models on the market.

Nov 1, 2023 at 6:26 PM Post #72,142 of 75,265
I'm looking forward to the AliExpress 11.11. Mainly interested in the Puresounds 500 and 600, Shozy BK and maybe the Bell-Ti Plus.

Nov 1, 2023 at 6:27 PM Post #72,143 of 75,265
I'm looking forward to the AliExpress 11.11. Mainly interested in the Puresounds 500 and 600, Shozy BK and maybe the Bell-Ti Plus.
Very interested ti see if there will be good deals on some of the buds I'm considering. If you get the chance, would you mind comparing the DBX to some of the TGXear buds you own? Thank you!

Nov 1, 2023 at 6:39 PM Post #72,144 of 75,265
Honestly, I don't really have the desire to purchase anything else at this point. I have so many good/great sounding buds, I would just be buying them to be buying them at this point. Now, that isn't to say that if I see something that REALLY peaks my interest, I might pull the trigger, but it would have to be something REALLY special for me to consider it....

Also, I might buy the budget set here and there, just out of curiosity, but I am not looking to improve upon what I already have..... :)

Having said that, no one here actually saw me use the phrase "I am committing to this though", so..... :wink:

Nov 1, 2023 at 7:06 PM Post #72,145 of 75,265
Honestly, I don't really have the desire to purchase anything else at this point. I have so many good/great sounding buds, I would just be buying them to be buying them at this point. Now, that isn't to say that if I see something that REALLY peaks my interest, I might pull the trigger, but it would have to be something REALLY special for me to consider it....

Also, I might buy the budget set here and there, just out of curiosity, but I am not looking to improve upon what I already have..... :)

Having said that, no one here actually saw me use the phrase "I am committing to this though", so..... :wink:
I am in the same boat... finally hit the double digits recently. Although I am still trying to get a @FranQL Blue Moon but it is proving to be a very hard quest indeed lol... :frowning2:

Nov 1, 2023 at 7:35 PM Post #72,146 of 75,265
Very interested ti see if there will be good deals on some of the buds I'm considering. If you get the chance, would you mind comparing the DBX to some of the TGXear buds you own? Thank you!
I will need time to listen to the TGXEar buds again. I will check it soon.

Nov 1, 2023 at 8:00 PM Post #72,147 of 75,265

I have 5 or 6 high quality buds, but it's not like I rotate them out depending on mood or anything. I just end up disappointed whenever I listen to any of them that is not the RW3000, so the others are just for convenience if the cable I'm using for RW3000 doesn't match what I need at the time.

I don't think the RW3000 is perfect, but considering my habits, it would be a waste to buy anything that I don't like as much, so I'm being really careful with future purchases. I would kinda like something not quite as bright as a complement, but what I can't compromise on is the instrument separation, detail, and soundstage.

I have a question for you guys who use earbuds on the desktop. Does anyone have a convenient system for hanging them up or something? Like you'd use for a headphone stand? For my over ears, I just hang them on something nearby and it's relatively convenient. I like to have a longer cable for desktop, and if I just put the earbuds down on the desk, they get tangled or the cord drags them down onto the floor (with my cat's help sometimes).

Edit: Something like this maybe? https://www.head-fi.org/threads/ven...ns-and-discussion-thread.795734/post-12522364

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2023 at 8:05 PM Post #72,148 of 75,265
Hi all,

Haven’t been a part of the community for long but wanted help with a general search since google isn’t really helping and I figured you all would know more.

So I’ve been in search for a pair of flat head earbuds for gaming and have absolutely fallen in love with the Fiio FF1/2/3 collection and currently use the FF1 as my dedicated set since it has an in line mic that isnt terrible.

Are there any other flat head style buds with an inline mic that could replace my current set up? (For clarification I predominantly travel with a PS5 so an in-line is much easier to keep up with or not forget about)

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2023 at 10:31 PM Post #72,149 of 75,265
I know a few earbud enthusiasts who skipped out on the Yinman 600s due to the crazy driving requirements.

Some of them only use a small dongle + smartphone and went for easier to drive gear. If there were a earbud that sounded similar to the Yinman 600 without needing the wicked amplification demands, that would be the killer.
Include me here. I really want to try the Yinman 600 and from all the impressions I've seen it seems I would enjoy them. Unfortunately I am using an iFi Gold Bar from my phone and I don't believe it will do the Yinman justice.

I do have a FiiO K7 that should do a nice job with those, but if I am on a desktop rig why bother when I could just as well be tethered to full size cans like the Senn HD6XX...

Nov 2, 2023 at 12:13 AM Post #72,150 of 75,265
I have 5 or 6 high quality buds, but it's not like I rotate them out depending on mood or anything. I just end up disappointed whenever I listen to any of them that is not the RW3000, so the others are just for convenience if the cable I'm using for RW3000 doesn't match what I need at the time.

I don't think the RW3000 is perfect, but considering my habits, it would be a waste to buy anything that I don't like as much, so I'm being really careful with future purchases. I would kinda like something not quite as bright as a complement, but what I can't compromise on is the instrument separation, detail, and soundstage.

I have a question for you guys who use earbuds on the desktop. Does anyone have a convenient system for hanging them up or something? Like you'd use for a headphone stand? For my over ears, I just hang them on something nearby and it's relatively convenient. I like to have a longer cable for desktop, and if I just put the earbuds down on the desk, they get tangled or the cord drags them down onto the floor (with my cat's help sometimes).

Edit: Something like this maybe? https://www.head-fi.org/threads/ven...ns-and-discussion-thread.795734/post-12522364

I saw IKEA selling some pegs board that you can use to hook headphones or gear:
12.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back