Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 19, 2023 at 6:02 AM Post #72,016 of 75,761
Does anyone know whether FiiO sells the FF5's stock MMCX cable separately? I actually like the texture of the cable and wouldn't mind attaching it to other earphones.

Oct 19, 2023 at 6:09 AM Post #72,017 of 75,761
Bad news for flatheads in JP.

I was in e-earphones store yesterday. They used to have 12 or so flatheads on display, but they reduced the section to 5 only. 3 of which were the Chaconne (the other 2 were the FF5, and the ATH-CM2000ti).

Oct 19, 2023 at 7:09 AM Post #72,018 of 75,761
Does anyone know whether FiiO sells the FF5's stock MMCX cable separately? I actually like the texture of the cable and wouldn't mind attaching it to other earphones.
I could have sworn that exact thing popped up in my Aliexpress feed, but I can't find it. I would ask @FiiO directly. They are good about answering in my experience.

Oct 19, 2023 at 8:11 AM Post #72,019 of 75,761
I could have sworn that exact thing popped up in my Aliexpress feed, but I can't find it. I would ask @FiiO directly. They are good about answering in my experience.
i don’t know if this is a regional thing, but I am unable to find anything FiiO on Ali.

Which is very strange, because lots of FiiO stuff showed up the last time I searched a few days ago.

Edit: looks like a regional thing. FiiO is completely invisible when accessing Ali from Korea at the moment.

Edit 2: searching for FiiO shows some of their products, but none of the sellers are the FiiO official store. I’ve pinged @FiiO via PM moments ago.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2023 at 11:51 AM Post #72,020 of 75,761
i don’t know if this is a regional thing, but I am unable to find anything FiiO on Ali.

Which is very strange, because lots of FiiO stuff showed up the last time I searched a few days ago.

Edit: looks like a regional thing. FiiO is completely invisible when accessing Ali from Korea at the moment.

Edit 2: searching for FiiO shows some of their products, but none of the sellers are the FiiO official store. I’ve pinged @FiiO via PM moments ago.

Don't worry.

Fiio might be a bit embarrassed thanks to its genius 2-pin proprietary connector. I'm sure it will pop back after a while. :wink:

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2023 at 2:24 AM Post #72,021 of 75,761

FiiO official AE store: https://m.aliexpress.com/store/1101556430

Above link is working for FiiO AE store for me.

Oct 20, 2023 at 2:40 AM Post #72,022 of 75,761
Just released on Aliexpress

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231020-033659_AliExpress.jpg
    Screenshot_20231020-033659_AliExpress.jpg
    261.9 KB · Views: 0
Oct 20, 2023 at 3:58 AM Post #72,023 of 75,761
Oct 20, 2023 at 12:32 PM Post #72,025 of 75,761
oooh, so it is. I've been thinking of getting a spare because I like mine so much. One for desktop, one for mobile... Well probably not. It's expensive even on sale.

BTW, someone a few weeks ago was asking about right angle connector cables on Aliexpress. I asked the maker of a previous cable I bought, and they made it in right angle and also 65cm. This is my use case. I like hanging the Qudelix on my collar, since its out of the way and the mic is close enough for calls. These ones are attached to my rw3000s.

PXL_20231018_112810952_exported_2194_1697630926859.jpg

Here is the cable. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100....order_list.order_list_main.10.21ef1802boCYem
Nice setup in that pic. I'm sure the RW-3000 sound great driven by the Qudelix.

Oct 20, 2023 at 9:24 PM Post #72,027 of 75,761
Nice setup in that pic. I'm sure the RW-3000 sound great driven by the Qudelix.
They do!! I've taken to using this setup even with my computer, so when I'm home I rarely take them off and just switch between phone and comp depending on where I am. I get LDAC of course from the phone, but even with SBC from the computer it still sounds better than plugging in my Sennheiser 560s.

The cable is also a good length to plug into my Quest3, so that is what I use for VR sound as well.
Rose Masya and 1More E1008 arrived today from an earbud enthusiast in Australia!
I had not heard of the 1More E1008, so when I searched it up I was surprised to find that my local store is selling them. A pretty classy looking earbud. Looks like volume controls and a mic? I'd like to hear your impressions.

Edit: Oh, and it has dual drivers? Ceramic and titanium?

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2023 at 12:50 AM Post #72,028 of 75,761
They do!! I've taken to using this setup even with my computer, so when I'm home I rarely take them off and just switch between phone and comp depending on where I am. I get LDAC of course from the phone, but even with SBC from the computer it still sounds better than plugging in my Sennheiser 560s.

The cable is also a good length to plug into my Quest3, so that is what I use for VR sound as well.

I had not heard of the 1More E1008, so when I searched it up I was surprised to find that my local store is selling them. A pretty classy looking earbud. Looks like volume controls and a mic? I'd like to hear your impressions.

Edit: Oh, and it has dual drivers? Ceramic and titanium?
The E1008 buds have some good comments in this thread. I like unique older buds, so I’d love to get them if I had a source. Maybe if your store has a couple sets for sale we could work something out. Let me know if that is possible. Maybe move this to PM…?

Oct 21, 2023 at 5:19 AM Post #72,029 of 75,761
The E1008 buds have some good comments in this thread. I like unique older buds, so I’d love to get them if I had a source. Maybe if your store has a couple sets for sale we could work something out. Let me know if that is possible. Maybe move this to PM…?
Unfortunately I looked again, and they are listed as sold out. :frowning2:

I'm not sure if they are coming back, but if they do, I'd be happy to help you get your hands on some.

Oct 21, 2023 at 9:46 AM Post #72,030 of 75,761
Unfortunately I looked again, and they are listed as sold out. :frowning2:

I'm not sure if they are coming back, but if they do, I'd be happy to help you get your hands on some.
Thanks, I was really surprised a store would have some listed as available, that’s why I asked. It would have been nice if we both could have gotten a set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back