Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 15, 2023 at 11:42 PM Post #71,986 of 75,478
The K702 are a LOT bright, but in a different way than a lot of earbuds (and to some extent headphones as well) in that they do have a boosted treble (mid and upper), but they are not boosted in the presence region (2K-5K). This is where it hurts my ears and where the shouty(ness) comes from for me.... I am not (actually) treble sensitive unless there is actual sibilance or tizzyness is involved (esssssssss), not perceived but real. :wink:

I have always though in this vein. With some of the best earbuds, one can actually achieve a better sound in most cases than can be had with open back headphones (again, IMHO).

Though there ARE some advancements that are causing some IEMs to (sort of) cross that threshold. I have a set of closed back headphones, for instance, that have a MUCH wider and deeper soundstage than do the HD600 (though they aren't rivaling stuff like the OG HD800 or anything that extreme). Those are the Focal Elegia BTW. And I also have some IEMs (iBasso IT-07) that can get pretty close to some of the front-runners in their technicalities. Of course, they will never be able to completely solve the "closed" feeling you get from these head gear types though. To my ears, the Raptgo Bridge have better staging than anything I have heard, short of the HD700 (which are only beaten by the OG HD800 IMO), as another example...

Having said that last part about the Bridge, I suppose I have not A/B'ed them against the Moondrop Chaconne, or Rose Technics Maria II yet to be able to say that with 100% surety.
I meant to reply to you with that earlier post, but it didn't quote your post oh well... I agree that the brightness and harshness on earbuds or any headphones / earphones can come from the uppermids 2-5k region as well not just the treble. (unless its XinYue's Transparent MMCX MX500 that bud is like applying a splashy treble filter on any sound / song you hear LOL it's pretty bad even Toneking Viridis treble sounded tame compared to it!) Also yeah some earbuds and even IEMs can have better soundstage and sound quality sometimes (rarely) than some openback fullsized headphones.

Even the Toneking Green Mamba is pretty good and wide sounding bright buds for 65-80€ price that definetly sounds wider than the Sennhesier HD600 for example they sound very intimate but the soundstage width is pretty narrow on them so it's not that hard to beat them on that front, however their timbre especially in the mids and overall sounds quality is very good (Sennheiser HD435 2006 model is another openback headphone with extremely narrow and small closed sounding soundstage and pretty bassy and muddy overall sound as well even the Koss Porta Pro sounds much better than it LOL!

I haven't heard the Rapto's IEMs but I've read good things about their soundstage and openess on reviews before, but yeah even the widest and most open sounding IEMs aren't that open when compared directly at similar sounding / tuned earbuds or openback headphones, also the cheap 10-15€ Superlux HD381F (white colour ) IEM / half in ears are pretty open sounding for IEMs and are tuned after the old Sony MDR-EX90LP, I've got the black HD381 versions as well but they aren't as airy sounding as the more neutral / flat tuned HD381F, here's a nice post / Review of the Superlux HD381 earphones series from furyossa:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/superlux-hd381-series-mini-review-comparisons.493052/post-16057748.

Oct 16, 2023 at 12:26 AM Post #71,987 of 75,478
New flagship earbud from Ksearphone set for November release. Easier to drive than the current flagship Bell-Ti Plus.

kflg.jpg
Hi, Can you provide a link from where I can get ore information to update the catalogue?

Oct 16, 2023 at 12:28 AM Post #71,988 of 75,478
ISO Yincrow RW-2000 in EU region. Is anybody selling? I have an acquaintance coming from there, would like to save on the shipping

Oct 16, 2023 at 6:33 AM Post #71,989 of 75,478
It seems that I maybe having the same issue as you faced. I'm using the Yinman 600s with a Cayin RU7 and it was fine at first but after some listening (40hours or so) I've noticed that the left side has produced some cracking sounds. Did you managed to get a replacement in the end?
Hi. thank you for asking. I closed my case quite a while but haven't update here.

Short story, the seller really helpful but I need to do return/refund process then place a new order. I got the new one and there is no problem.

-----

Long story...
After I received Yinman 600, I experience the cracking sound as in sound clip. I contact the seller and send them clips. At first they suggest to "burn" the earbud for a while. I did for 24-48hrs, the sound gets better but I still hear some crack sound when the music goes to low bass and high pitch note.

So I ask them to exchange, the seller ask me to send back to them for diagnose. I sent back to the seller (China). As diagnose result, the seller accept that there is cracking sound and ask to do the return/refund process and if I still want the earbud, I need to place order again. So they cannot just replace the earbud.

Then, I wait until the return/refund process finished, I got money back (loss a bit on currency exchange)

I place a new order and ask for discount (from the shipping fee that I sent earbud to China). The seller said once I receive the new earbud I can do claim on that.

The new Yinman 600 arrived, at first the left earbud still have some tiny cracking sound but I burn the earbud for a day then it's gone. I happy with the new set of Yinman 600 since then, no problem comes up.

I do claim shipping fee once I confirm delivery.

All the chat, claim and return/refund process, I did via AliExpress website and/or AliExpress app.

The seller shop is this store:
AVCCK Earphones Store
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrAUZkm

---

Hope this help.

Oct 16, 2023 at 6:53 AM Post #71,990 of 75,478
Hi. thank you for asking. I closed my case quite a while but haven't update here.

Short story, the seller really helpful but I need to do return/refund process then place a new order. I got the new one and there is no problem.

-----

Long story...
After I received Yinman 600, I experience the cracking sound as in sound clip. I contact the seller and send them clips. At first they suggest to "burn" the earbud for a while. I did for 24-48hrs, the sound gets better but I still hear some crack sound when the music goes to low bass and high pitch note.

So I ask them to exchange, the seller ask me to send back to them for diagnose. I sent back to the seller (China). As diagnose result, the seller accept that there is cracking sound and ask to do the return/refund process and if I still want the earbud, I need to place order again. So they cannot just replace the earbud.

Then, I wait until the return/refund process finished, I got money back (loss a bit on currency exchange)

I place a new order and ask for discount (from the shipping fee that I sent earbud to China). The seller said once I receive the new earbud I can do claim on that.

The new Yinman 600 arrived, at first the left earbud still have some tiny cracking sound but I burn the earbud for a day then it's gone. I happy with the new set of Yinman 600 since then, no problem comes up.

I do claim shipping fee once I confirm delivery.

All the chat, claim and return/refund process, I did via AliExpress website and/or AliExpress app.

The seller shop is this store:
AVCCK Earphones Store
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrAUZkm

---

Hope this help.
I am very glad to hear you got a good working set. These have been a fantastic set for me, and I have had no problems at all from the start.

Speaking of Longyao Yinman earbuds, does anyone have a link to the official seller's site on Taobao? I would like to find out if the new models have come out, or are coming out soon. While the AE store is fine(ish), it is rather confusing as to what they are selling, and I have also noticed that their rating has dropped immensely (down to 86%). This doesn't bode well for their service/support IMO. That and the fact that they never update the product pictures, or information makes it difficult at best to make an informed purchase without lots of communication back and forth.

P.S. I ask because for some reason none of the keywords "Longyao" or "Yinman" bring any results except baby clothes when doing a search.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2023 at 7:28 AM Post #71,991 of 75,478
Are there any extremely small earbuds?
I mostly use etymotic Er4xr or headphones nowadays because most other iem simply don’t fit my ear (concha and canal are small).

Is there any earbud that may fit smaller ears while sounding good?
Max budget around 300 EUR (can raise if absolute Goldilocks but would prefer lower as I doubt going beyond that point provides much more).

Oct 16, 2023 at 8:04 AM Post #71,992 of 75,478
I mostly use etymotic Er4xr or headphones nowadays because most other iem simply don’t fit my ear (concha and canal are small).

Max budget around 300 EUR (can raise if absolute Goldilocks but would prefer lower as I doubt going beyond that point provides much more).
Not TOO much help maybe, but here are some awesome measurments that @mt877 made. https://www.head-fi.org/threads/earbuds-round-up.441400/post-17679471

Also, he found a set (especially) for youth sized ears: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/earbuds-round-up.441400/post-17411314
I cannot vouch for the sound of these, but they are in the size range you were looking for I would guess... :)

Smabat also used to have a "youth" earbud, but I can't seem to find it anymore. Probably got discontinued.

Oct 16, 2023 at 8:31 AM Post #71,993 of 75,478
ISO Yincrow RW-2000 in EU region. Is anybody selling? I have an acquaintance coming from there, would like to save on the shipping
Hello
I am selling brand new RW3000 (see classified) and live in France.
PM me if interested...

Oct 16, 2023 at 9:56 AM Post #71,994 of 75,478

You should reach out to @RikudouGoku - I believe his earbuds will be your best fit in terms of fit, and they also sound good

Oct 16, 2023 at 2:35 PM Post #71,995 of 75,478
Does anyone know what these earbuds are? They don't look like an IEM. I can't find anything anywhere online about what this youtuber uses, and I've seen several people ask on his subreddit and comments. I just like how sleek they are, would love to know what they are. Note that there's an inline microphone on the other side.
H6tdJVz.png

Oct 16, 2023 at 3:52 PM Post #71,996 of 75,478
Does anyone know what these earbuds are? They don't look like an IEM. I can't find anything anywhere online about what this youtuber uses, and I've seen several people ask on his subreddit and comments. I just like how sleek they are, would love to know what they are. Note that there's an inline microphone on the other side.
H6tdJVz.png
Those look a lot like the DUNU Alpha 1, but for the mic and the apparent thicker cable. If not, I at least recognize the model. I am just not sure from what company/set of buds.

20210804_102601.jpg

Edit: Never mind! Upon closer inspection, the cable actually appears to be flat, as opposed to round on the Alpha 1.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2023 at 9:29 PM Post #71,997 of 75,478
H6tdJVz.png
Hey I think those are the wired version JBL Tune-205 earbuds / JBL T205, they are JBLs alternative to the modern Apple half In-ear earbuds, I've bought couple of their wireless BT neckband versions before the JBL T205-BT when they were for sale at 9.90€ at a local hardware store, but even at that price they aren't very good, fit is loose and not that stable, build and durability is weak, sound is a bit muffled compared to the Apple earbuds let alone compared to any other flathead earbuds, honestly I'd only buy them if you can find them sold really cheap.

IMG_20221231_160220~2.jpg

Oct 16, 2023 at 9:37 PM Post #71,998 of 75,478

-QianYun Qian39

-VE Zen LL

-LunShen YE-01 2023 model with a 14,2mm LCP driver

I'd also recommend the latest Gen3 RikuBuds as well.

Oct 16, 2023 at 11:04 PM Post #71,999 of 75,478
What's the best $5-10 earbud available right now? The last ones I heard were the Vido and thought they were pretty good for the money. The TRN EMA look like great value (detachable cable?!) but reviews don't seem very good compared to the more expensive EMX.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2023 at 11:36 PM Post #72,000 of 75,478
What's the best $5-10 earbud available right now? The last ones I heard were the Vido and thought they were pretty good for the money. The TRN EMA look like great value (detachable cable?!) but reviews don't seem very good compared to the more expensive EMX.
Not sure if this counts as "best," but my Yincrow X6 cost $10, and I thought it was really good for its price. The shell is slightly on the bigger side, though.

Edit: Listening right now with the X6 for the first time in a while. The X6 has a dark and/or warm sound overall. I like to use X Japan's pre-2000 music for my comparisons; in this case, I went with Silent Jealousy. The hi-hats are not as audible when I listen with the X6 compared to brighter sets.

One thing that the X6 does very well now that I think about it is the sibilance (I think this is the right term? correct me if I'm wrong). The other day, I was messing around with a pair of Salnotes Zero IEMs, and noticed that a lot of cymbals sound like compressed MP3 cymbals when I listened with those. The X6 has much better resolution in comparison.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back