Earbuds Round-Up
Feb 15, 2023 at 4:51 PM Post #68,446 of 75,303
I was thinking of a warmer bk without losing the specialty of the sound and that's what we get. Definitely worth having

Attachments

• 20230214_110040.JPG
    20230214_110040.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230214_110057.JPG
    20230214_110057.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230214_110114.JPG
    20230214_110114.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230214_110209.JPG
    20230214_110209.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Feb 15, 2023 at 7:36 PM Post #68,447 of 75,303
I was thinking of a warmer bk without losing the specialty of the sound and that's what we get. Definitely worth having
Just because the cable was changed from OCC (Shoy BK) to OFC (Shoy BKSE) with the same driver does not mean that the sound became clearer. :relaxed:

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2023 at 12:35 PM Post #68,451 of 75,303
Toneking Dendroaspis Viridis came in the mail today - really pleased and happy with the sound. Lively, detailed, and musical without being fatiguing and it's just lovely to listen to. So glad I didn't have to regret the blind buy 😭

Kg4NMG6.jpg
Congrats on your new shiny! :)

Feb 16, 2023 at 6:55 PM Post #68,452 of 75,303
Hey folks
haven't kept up with the earbud world for a couple years now and I'm looking for a recommendation
Primarily use will be gaming and voice with others, general music listening. Something for both competitive and casual gaming. Been using the Viridis for awhile and they work great but I miss some small details in game I want to hear more alike to headphones or IEMs. I understand what I'm asking looking for headphone detail in an earbud but they seem to improve every year
Not too worried about shell shape, I struggle with headphones and IEMs for comfort but I've yet to try an earbud I can't wear

Feb 16, 2023 at 9:15 PM Post #68,454 of 75,303
Hey folks
haven't kept up with the earbud world for a couple years now and I'm looking for a recommendation
Primarily use will be gaming and voice with others, general music listening. Something for both competitive and casual gaming. Been using the Viridis for awhile and they work great but I miss some small details in game I want to hear more alike to headphones or IEMs. I understand what I'm asking looking for headphone detail in an earbud but they seem to improve every year
Not too worried about shell shape, I struggle with headphones and IEMs for comfort but I've yet to try an earbud I can't wear
When asked for a general reference to what you are asking, I normally would recommend 5 because I believe that these TOTL earbuds sound (to me) like a cross between really good IEMs and really good headphones. These range in price from $80(ish) to $250(ish). They are ALL fantastic and also all different from one another (though some not as night and day). They all have figured out how to do bass properly in an earbud, and also all have big staging and proper imaging (for gaming and movies). Yet, even the warms ones have a clarity to them that I don't think you would miss too much detail with.

Having said that (and with no pricing information from you) these are my five recs:

• Yinman 2.0 600 (wooden shells)
  • FiiO FF3 (cheapest of the bunch)
  • FiiO FF5
  • Yincrow RW2000
  • Yincrow RW3000 (most expensive of the bunch)
There are plenty other great ones out there, but these just scream open back headphones to my ears, and most of the others I have heard still are decidedly earbuds. If you have any questions about them, I might be able to help as I also own all five of these. And there are quite a few people on here that also have some or all of these.

Feb 16, 2023 at 9:36 PM Post #68,455 of 75,303
Just landed! Burning in begins!

IMG_2512.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2023 at 10:56 PM Post #68,457 of 75,303
When asked for a general reference to what you are asking, I normally would recommend 5 because I believe that these TOTL earbuds sound (to me) like a cross between really good IEMs and really good headphones. These range in price from $80(ish) to $250(ish). They are ALL fantastic and also all different from one another (though some not as night and day). They all have figured out how to do bass properly in an earbud, and also all have big staging and proper imaging (for gaming and movies). Yet, even the warms ones have a clarity to them that I don't think you would miss too much detail with.

Having said that (and with no pricing information from you) these are my five recs:

• Yinman 2.0 600 (wooden shells)
  • FiiO FF3 (cheapest of the bunch)
  • FiiO FF5
  • Yincrow RW2000
  • Yincrow RW3000 (most expensive of the bunch)
There are plenty other great ones out there, but these just scream open back headphones to my ears, and most of the others I have heard still are decidedly earbuds. If you have any questions about them, I might be able to help as I also own all five of these. And there are quite a few people on here that also have some or all of these.
It seems like the FF3/FF5 are hot buds right now. Question is which of the two fit my needs better. Being able to hear who is above or below me and where people are coming from in games like R6 Siege or Warzone where you have layers of dynamic audio cues. There are some really great buds that don't cut it for that, I tried out the ST10s silver from Smabat a few years back and despite their great sound they were terrible for what I was looking for.

Feb 17, 2023 at 2:45 AM Post #68,459 of 75,303
US $9.68 | Fransun Original Headphones random color
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKWrTNy

New anime box earbuds I see

One sale (in the entire store) and zero reviews. They have been around less than 6 months. Most other stock is military plastic kitsets. Serious doubts this is a reliable trader.:triportsad:

Feb 17, 2023 at 3:21 AM Post #68,460 of 75,303
One sale (in the entire store) and zero reviews. They have been around less than 6 months. Most other stock is military plastic kitsets. Serious doubts this is a reliable trader.:triportsad:
I didnt check the link. I got mine from here.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNsb5J0

$3.

Also the store is very reputable, i bought 4 pairs of Vidos and some cheap iems from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back