Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 29, 2023 at 1:58 PM Post #67,996 of 75,871
@samandhi and I had this discussion before. I ordered the 4.4mm version and received all 3 plugs. He ordered the 2.5mm version and only got the 2.5mm plug. The 4.4mm version was only slightly more expensive.
I think that they got it squared away now because when ordering them, there is no longer a choice to buy different sizes, even though if you look closely at the pictures (the ones that you can "roll mouse over to magnify") they still show the old connector.

Jan 29, 2023 at 2:37 PM Post #67,997 of 75,871
I think that they got it squared away now because when ordering them, there is no longer a choice to buy different sizes, even though if you look closely at the pictures (the ones that you can "roll mouse over to magnify") they still show the old connector.

Yeah, I was just about to say that I don't remember having an option to choose. In fact, I know I didn't have an option because I figured they'd come with a 3.5mm cable so I was planning on trying to make my iwn 4.4mm cable and using the opportunity to try out shaping the earhooks with heat shrink tubing.

Jan 29, 2023 at 5:00 PM Post #67,998 of 75,871
I should have mentioned that, but I used a different code that wouldn't let me use that one because I bought some other things as well and qualified for a bigger discount.

Which reminds me, for anyone who's interested, I also picked up the Toneking Black Manbas so I could see how they stack up with the Viridis.
great to see you will compare viridis and black mamba.when will you do if arrived mamba?(i will also buy mamba but maybe viridis after you review

Jan 29, 2023 at 6:23 PM Post #67,999 of 75,871
Classic! At least your little one has taste. She'll make you a proud audiophile-papa one day. My girl kept getting broken cables because she would put her IEMs in the zip up pocket inside her stuffed handbag and expect that to be enough protection. I finally found an aluminum puck case that is thin enough to fit comfortably in that pocket and withstand the cargo onslaught from everything she shoves in her bag so I'm no longer replacing multiple cables a month.

The scary thing is, she was doing this with pretty expensive IEMs like her 64 Audio U6t and CA Andromedas! 😳 Luckily the IEMs all survived and just the cables died. I'd hate to see her try to sell any of her used IEMs with how scratched up and worn looking they have gotten. She is hard on IEMs to say the least lol! 😂
This sounds like my daughter. Whenever she breaks a pair I give her another from my collection, saying goodbye forever to it in my mind.

Jan 29, 2023 at 7:52 PM Post #68,000 of 75,871
Hello group.. advice request disguised as a long stream of consciousness ahead.

Me : long time lurker; 50’s. I read straight from about pp. 3000, so I could get a feel of the crowd (amazing one for sure), gather useful info and also so as to not ask irrelevant or already answered questions ( well « straight »… must have taken me a month…)

After finding this Head-Fi thread, I got the Faaeal Rosemary, because it was available at Amazon.ca, (easy returns) and I liked the way the 2 reviews I found talked about it.

That was it for me. I discovered that buds take care of my listening needs in such a more pleasurable way than big headphones or IEM, except maybe when in noisy environment, but this a rarer occurence.

Shortly after I got the Fengru TC200 from AE, wih mmcx connector, so I could use them with TRN bluetooth earhooks. I chose them because of some 5 y.o. or older reviews that found the TC 200 to be very good for the price. While waiting on them from the mail, I read that the Fengru TC 200 were probably a fake with different drivers than the original TC200.

Nevertheless, I recieved them, and found at first the sound to be quite different from the Rosemary; overall thinner and much less bass. The center and upper mids seemed promisingly balanced though. I ended up drilling a 8th of an inch hole in the back of he casing (maybe 1/16th, not shure… I used the smallest drill bit I had). I am now not 100% convinced I could différenciante the fake TC200 from te Rosemary in a blind test. With my eyesight intact, I would say that the Rosemary has a bit less pinna gain, a bit better treble extension, ant a bit better resolution + soundstage.

D5EA68D4-876A-4CC1-9C18-E012098A533D.jpeg

So basically, I really like the way the Rosemary sound. To me the are balanced, but I now some find them dark, L shaped, … Let’s agree on warm, a least. That does not mean I would not like other signature, but I guess I will never be able to go back from at least the warmth. I now miss that warmth in my IEMs (S12, Tin P1 Max, Kato…). And of course, that natural, open presentation. Even at very low volume, it just feel like a nicely tuned audio system is gently playing music somewhere in the background of the house.

Another example of how I perceive sound would be how I hear the Apple iPod, wired with the side opening. First, I use them with foam. Seems to me the bass is more equal than on the Rosemary: less upper bass, more low bass, still good enough slam. Mids are generally less warm on the iPods, but still acceptable. I find the hi mids (pinna maybe?) to loud on iPods; the mids equilibrium is very different, more bright and fatiguing to me. So on first listen, the iPods give a certain « wow », but i get fatigue fast.

Anyway, I guess I’m wondering what’s next for me. Since I like the Rosemary so much, I noticed the new Faaeal ; the Lilium. Some of you have allegedly gotten the Faaeal Lilium. I know NymPHONOmaniac mentioned them in his review of the Ourart QJ21, mentioning they were good for vocals, witch I guess I hear as being quite my cup of tea . I’m hoping to read other impressions, see if find enough reasons to cough up the 100$ ca. they would cost me.

I’m also curious about the Yincrow rw2000; seems the warmest of the family from what I gather.

Or maybe a cheap suggestion so I can try another signature . The only thing I’m quite sure is that I probably could not go without a certain warmth.

Anyway, any input would be nice. One way or the other, you guys have been a great read.

Jan 29, 2023 at 8:00 PM Post #68,001 of 75,871
great to see you will compare viridis and black mamba.when will you do if arrived mamba?(i will also buy mamba but maybe viridis after you review

The Black Mamba didn't arrive before I had to leave town do to a little shipping snafu, but I believe it has showed up in my absence. In a few weeks I have to head home for a few days for an important family event and I should be able to grab the Blacks then, do some listening between the two, and update you with a little comparison.

Jan 29, 2023 at 8:11 PM Post #68,002 of 75,871

Me : long time lurker; 50’s. I read straight from about pp. 3000, so I could get a feel of the crowd (amazing one for sure), gather useful info and also so as to not ask irrelevant or already answered questions ( well « straight »… must have taken me a month…)

After finding this Head-Fi thread, I got the Faaeal Rosemary, because it was available at Amazon.ca, (easy returns) and I liked the way the 2 reviews I found talked about it.

That was it for me. I discovered that buds take care of my listening needs in such a more pleasurable way than big headphones or IEM, except maybe when in noisy environment, but this a rarer occurence.

Shortly after I got the Fengru TC200 from AE, wih mmcx connector, so I could use them with TRN bluetooth earhooks. I chose them because of some 5 y.o. or older reviews that found the TC 200 to be very good for the price. While waiting on them from the mail, I read that the Fengru TC 200 were probably a fake with different drivers than the original TC200.

Nevertheless, I recieved them, and found at first the sound to be quite different from the Rosemary; overall thinner and much less bass. The center and upper mids seemed promisingly balanced though. I ended up drilling a 8th of an inch hole in the back of he casing (maybe 1/16th, not shure… I used the smallest drill bit I had). I am now not 100% convinced I could différenciante the fake TC200 from te Rosemary in a blind test. With my eyesight intact, I would say that the Rosemary has a bit less pinna gain, a bit better treble extension, ant a bit better resolution + soundstage.

D5EA68D4-876A-4CC1-9C18-E012098A533D.jpeg

So basically, I really like the way the Rosemary sound. To me the are balanced, but I now some find them dark, L shaped, … Let’s agree on warm, a least. That does not mean I would not like other signature, but I guess I will never be able to go back from at least the warmth. I now miss that warmth in my IEMs (S12, Tin P1 Max, Kato…). And of course, that natural, open presentation. Even at very low volume, it just feel like a nicely tuned audio system is gently playing music somewhere in the background of the house.

Another example of how I perceive sound would be how I hear the Apple iPod, wired with the side opening. First, I use them with foam. Seems to me the bass is more equal than on the Rosemary: less upper bass, more low bass, still good enough slam. Mids are generally less warm on the iPods, but still acceptable. I find the hi mids (pinna maybe?) to loud on iPods; the mids equilibrium is very different, more bright and fatiguing to me. So on first listen, the iPods give a certain « wow », but i get fatigue fast.

Anyway, I guess I’m wondering what’s next for me. Since I like the Rosemary so much, I noticed the new Faaeal ; the Lilium. Some of you have allegedly gotten the Faaeal Lilium. I know NymPHONOmaniac mentioned them in his review of the Ourart QJ21, mentioning they were good for vocals, witch I guess I hear as being quite my cup of tea . I’m hoping to read other impressions, see if find enough reasons to cough up the 100$ ca. they would cost me.

I’m also curious about the Yincrow rw2000; seems the warmest of the family from what I gather.

Or maybe a cheap suggestion so I can try another signature . The only thing I’m quite sure is that I probably could not go without a certain warmth.

Anyway, any input would be nice. One way or the other, you guys have been a great read.

I, personally, found the Lilliums to be pretty terrible. I will add that they'd be okay for FEMALE vocals as I think they leave male vocals or any vocals that dip below the upper mid/lower treble region sounding thin and without much body. That said, I didn't particularly like them for female vocals either.

The RW-2000s should be very much up your alley if you're a fan of the Rosemarys. They are kinda like a super refined and better made version in a lot of ways. You could also look at something like the Shozy BKs which are an all time classic bud around here that I think would be enjoyed by most Rosemary fans too. You could even look at the FF3s which have a nice powerful bass presentation and have a similarly relaxed treble, but they are less like the Rosemarys than the RW-2000 or the BKs.

I'll probably think of others I should have mentioned in a few so I may post again, but this should be a good start.

Jan 29, 2023 at 8:31 PM Post #68,003 of 75,871
I, personally, found the Lilliums to be pretty terrible. I will add that they'd be okay for FEMALE vocals as I think they leave male vocals or any vocals that dip below the upper mid/lower treble region sounding thin and without much body. That said, I didn't particularly like them for female vocals either.

The RW-2000s should be very much up your alley if you're a fan of the Rosemarys. They are kinda like a super refined and better made version in a lot of ways. You could also look at something like the Shozy BKs which are an all time classic bud around here that I think would be enjoyed by most Rosemary fans too. You could even look at the FF3s which have a nice powerful bass presentation and have a similarly relaxed treble, but they are less like the Rosemarys than the RW-2000 or the BKs.

I'll probably think of others I should have mentioned in a few so I may post again, but this should be a good start.
Thank’s a lot JA… That sure was prompt. Thought you were on tour… In Canada, the rw2000 would cost me the same as ff5… and I think you have those as well. What would be some differences between ff3-ff5 and Rosemary’s? Shozy’s are a bit more expensive, and I think a detachable cable would be nice.

Sorry you might become a go to for me, we have at least some common vocabulary : apart from your comment about the rosemary and the youtube and amazon review that got me to buy them, havent heard much love for the them…

Also, I was willing to swollow 100$ca for something promising, but the rw2000 are almost double that… I might, but it requires more thinking and research… thanks!

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2023 at 8:47 PM Post #68,004 of 75,871
Thank’s a lot JA… That sure was prompt. Thought you were on tour… In Canada, the rw2000 would cost me the same as ff5… and I think you have those as well. What would be some differences between ff3-ff5 and Rosemary’s? Shozy’s are a bit more expensive, and I think a detachable cable would be nice.

Sorry you might become a go to for me, we have at least some common vocabulary : apart from your comment about the rosemary and the youtube and amazon review that got me to buy them, havent heard much love for the them…

I am, but it's almost 1 AM on a monday morning where I am so right now I'm just kickin' it in my hotel room...there can be a lot of downtime during tour stops and travel time, especially if you're a bit of an insomniac like me. As for promptness, I signed on and saw your post. Call it good timing.

I wouldn't recommend the FF5s for what you're looking for as I don't think they have many similarities with the Rosemary's presentation. The FF3s have more and tighter, more articulate bass than the Rosemarys, the mids aren't as warm, but carry similar body and linearity to the Rosemarys, and the treble is similarly laid back and non-fatiguing. The FF3s will have better detail retrieval, better staging and imaging, better separation, and a huge presentation that the Risemarys can't compare to.

Detachable cables are always my preference too, but, unfortunately, a lot of the best buds out there have fixed cables. Thankfully for you, the RW-2000s have detachable cables and I think they're probably the most linear upgrade to the Rosemarys. They really are a great pair of buds. In fact, I just ordered a pair to go with my RW-3000s after missing the RW-2000s for months because I gave them back to a friend. You can find them on AliExpress for really sweet prices right now.

This store has them for $124 and change: https://a.aliexpress.com/_mN5u9xG

Jan 29, 2023 at 8:59 PM Post #68,005 of 75,871

Welcome!

The Yincrow RW2000 is much more technical than the Rosemary, the former has better soundstage, clarity, micro-details, imaging. Also easier to drive than the Rosemary. However, the RW2000 has a thinner note weight and also has a 3 khz upper mids area peak, which some might be sensitive to. RW2000 has less bass quantity but the quality is better, it is tighter and cleaner. And it has a detachable cable, which may be a dealbreaker for some.

As kindly stated above, the RW2000 is on sale now, quite a good deal IMHO, I still use the RW2000 weekly.

Haven't tried the Faaeal Lilium, but the Ourart QJ21 Selected Edition (not the original) is a warm midcentric tuning, quite different from the Rosemary and RW2000. It is lite in bass, and is quite a niche tuning, cause it specializes in vocals and acoustic type tracks. But if you are a basshead or treblehead, the QJ21 Selected Edition isn't that versatile in the tuning to make some genres shine (eg EDM, hip hop).

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2023 at 9:02 PM Post #68,006 of 75,871
Yep… seen it. Can’t help wondering if i’m a suptle enough of a listener… I’ll sleep on it I guess, I really don’t suffer from insomnia… Good night goog sir; I might harass you again if the uncertainty is unbearable.

Jan 29, 2023 at 9:28 PM Post #68,007 of 75,871
Until I found the likes of the Yinman 2.0 600, FF3, FF5, and the RW3000, the RW2000 were my favorite buds in my collection. I still put them in my rotation on a weekly basis. I think that most people that have bought them have enjoyed them. Having said that, I would put the FiiO FF3 at having a similar sound signature to the RW2000. The biggest difference is that they don't have a detacheable cable. Either way, I don't think that you can go wrong with either one. Just let us know what you get and your impressions once you've had a chance to give them a good listen?!

Jan 29, 2023 at 10:05 PM Post #68,008 of 75,871
Welcome!

The Yincrow RW2000 is much more technical than the Rosemary, the former has better soundstage, clarity, micro-details, imaging. Also easier to drive than the Rosemary. However, the RW2000 has a thinner note weight and also has a 3 khz upper mids area peak, which some might be sensitive to. RW2000 has less bass quantity but the quality is better, it is tighter and cleaner. And it has a detachable cable, which may be a dealbreaker for some.

As kindly stated above, the RW2000 is on sale now, quite a good deal IMHO, I still use the RW2000 weekly.

Haven't tried the Faaeal Lilium, but the Ourart QJ21 Selected Edition (not the original) is a warm midcentric tuning, quite different from the Rosemary and RW2000. It is lite in bass, and is quite a niche tuning, cause it specializes in vocals and acoustic type tracks. But if you are a basshead or treblehead, the QJ21 Selected Edition isn't that versatile in the tuning to make some genres shine (eg EDM, hip hop).
Look at me… so gitty getting help from people that don’t know me from Eve that i’m missing my bed time…

Here is what I think : i’ll wait on the rw2000, to give me time to figure out how to form a complete understanding from the two somewhat different ways it’s being described by JA and baskingshark .

Meantime, I’m waiting on the LCP 80 omh earbud from NSC Audiostore that I ordered a couple of days ago. Just got an email telling me that it just shipped. It might help me build better insight into what I dig or not in earbud form. I feel right now I lack way to much vocabulary and experience to make the best of you guy’s help.

And I’ll make sure to give my impressions of the LCP 80 Ohm.

Oh, one last example of how I hear things; forgot about that one. Soon after I got the fake TC200, I got the TRN EMA, since it was so cheap. Well, took about 45 seconds before I was taking out my drill and drilling away… in the hopes of getting more bass. These are really way too bright for me. I would probably need to dismantle them, see if there is some damping that could be removed or such tinkering, but for now I don’t find it worth doing.

Jan 29, 2023 at 11:18 PM Post #68,009 of 75,871
Until I found the likes of the Yinman 2.0 600, FF3, FF5, and the RW3000, the RW2000 were my favorite buds in my collection. I still put them in my rotation on a weekly basis. I think that most people that have bought them have enjoyed them. Having said that, I would put the FiiO FF3 at having a similar sound signature to the RW2000. The biggest difference is that they don't have a detacheable cable. Either way, I don't think that you can go wrong with either one. Just let us know what you get and your impressions once you've had a chance to give them a good listen?!

Good info. Seems like the RW2000 may be a better fit for me in that case. Not a fan of built in cables.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2023 at 11:22 PM Post #68,010 of 75,871
Good info. Seems like the RW2000 may be a better fit for me on that case. Not a fan of built in cables.

Strangely, a lot of TOTL earbuds come with non-detachable cables in this day and age. May be something to do with the centre of gravity on the earbud stem if a 2-pin/MMCX connector is attached to the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back