Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 25, 2023 at 1:09 PM Post #67,937 of 75,297
Has anyone had the opportunity to compare TO600/TO400s with Manba, or maybe TO300?
IMG_20230125_185739_269.jpg

Thinking about buying eihter those or FF5 🤩

Jan 25, 2023 at 3:31 PM Post #67,939 of 75,297
Has anyone had the opportunity to compare TO600/TO400s with Manba, or maybe TO300?

Thinking about buying eihter those or FF5 🤩
That's way too much, 170€ for a repainted dendroaspis, nope.

Those shells are super small so they don't seal anything and the dendroapis is ok but not really worth its price tbh, too much mids imo.

Jan 25, 2023 at 4:45 PM Post #67,940 of 75,297
That's way too much, 170€ for a repainted dendroaspis, nope.

Those shells are super small so they don't seal anything and the dendroapis is ok but not really worth its price tbh, too much mids imo.
Ohh you believe (know?) they are a variant of dendroaspis. If that's the case they don't seem that interesting 😆 I didn't notice until you said it, that they look exactly like dend...
What do you mean the shells are super small, are they smaller than TO600? TO600 is the best shell I have used, love it.

Jan 25, 2023 at 4:50 PM Post #67,941 of 75,297
They are all the same. Red dot can be on left or the right side, because on the both sides + should be wired where the dot is( its not important if its left or right. Some KAPH driver variants come with no dots for example).
Having said that, in reality the GHXamp drivers also have the red dot on the right as do all the other drivers from different stores. Here's a pic of the ones I got from GHXamp store. Yep, they came in a nice plastic case.
It's good to know I ordered the correct Beryllium driver. Since they’re all the same, I couldn’t have missed! I don’t know why Elfinear says their 600 ohm diy drivers are “adjusted” by them though.
21A42E4F-B525-4D6C-A94F-8A203D308246.jpeg

Possibly just marketing talk. Or maybe not.

Also, another point (though may just be irrelevant), watch out for the ones that call the driver 600ohm, but are actually less because they use a resistor on them to reach said impedance. This is where the advice of the experts (having used brand XX or brand YY) comes into play. :) While there is nothing inherently wrong with those drivers, they will most likely not sound as good as a pure 600ohm driver (IMHO).
Interesting, I'll keep that in mind! Thank you for the advice.

On a completely different topic, a while back, I remember @Ronion saying the Tingo-TG38s changed their driver to an inferior one. It's a good thing I bought mine before that happened. But sadly, I think I messed up my TG38s when I opened mine (poor attempt at retune). The diaphragm crumpled and it sounds wonky now. Back when I measured them, they had a ~44-45 Ohm resistance. I can't find the separate drivers on Ali anywhere, but I may have "found" their replacements: this earbud from Hifivv Audio and the Fengru Diy Ocean Pearl (both have a 44 Ohm resistance).
I ordered the Hifivv earbud. When I get them, I'll open it (hopefully it’s the same driver), put it into a metallic Tingo-esque MX500 shell, and finally have a successful retune attempt.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2023 at 9:06 PM Post #67,942 of 75,297
you need a rikubuds Grand Berserker 2 for that
your the second person to suggest me those for proper bass dynamic-extension...hum, but where to get them? how much?

bass of Ourart QJ21 is just plain weak tbh, i hope its evident in my review!

Jan 26, 2023 at 8:11 PM Post #67,944 of 75,297
Hi all!

I just got the RY4S mmcx and the mmcx cable from RY store and I'm enjoying it a lot! One thing that I find a little awkward though is that the cable is kind of heavy. Not heavy to the point of taking the earbuds off my ears but to the point of sometimes moving the buds away from that sweet spot. I know that other things contribute for that like the shape of the MX500 and my ears but the weight of the cable is contributing too, so I guess that's one thing I'm gonna have to get used to. I will try double foams also.

I'm thinking of some cable hook to pin in my shirt to help reducing the cable weight. But right now I don't know which/where to get one. If anyone could say where to get get a good one I'd be very thankful! The RY4S mmcx I got came with a clamp but I think that its too small for the 8 core cable I got.

But all in all I'm really enjoying the sound and the material of those. As a initial thought It's much better than the JVC Gumy HAF160 (IMO). I'm still gonna make a comparation with the Yuin pk2 I have (at least the left side of it that is still working) :beyersmile:

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2023 at 2:18 AM Post #67,945 of 75,297
Hi all!

I just got the RY4S mmcx and the mmcx cable from RY store and I'm enjoying it a lot! One thing that I find a little awkward though is that the cable is kind of heavy. Not heavy to the point of taking the earbuds off my ears but to the point of sometimes moving the buds away from that sweet spot. I know that other things contribute for that like the shape of the MX500 and my ears but the weight of the cable is contributing too, so I guess that's one thing I'm gonna have to get used to. I will try double foams too.

I'm thinking of some cable hook to pin in my shirt to help reducing the cable weight. But right now I don't know which/where to get one. If anyone could say where to get get a good one I'd be very thankful! The RY4S mmcx I got came with a clamp but I think that its too small for the 8 core cable I got.

But all in all I'm really enjoying the sound and the material of those. As a initial thought It's much better than the JVC Gumy HAF160 (IMO). I'm still gonna make a comparation with the Yuin pk2 I have (at least the left side of it that is still working) :beyersmile:
You COULD also get another cable (one that is only 4 core). Having said that, you could look on Aliexpress for a cable clip that might fit.

Congrats on your new shiny! :)

Jan 27, 2023 at 9:22 AM Post #67,946 of 75,297
You COULD also get another cable (one that is only 4 core). Having said that, you could look on Aliexpress for a cable clip that might fit.
Yes, I'm thinking of buying a 4 core cable to see if I prefer. That might be a really good route. As for the clip I'm searching but haven't found any that appears to be good for my case. But I'll keep on looking!

Congrats on your new shiny! :)
Thank you! I'm really happy with it! :beyersmile:

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2023 at 11:52 AM Post #67,947 of 75,297
Previously I recommended Eb2s for those for find yiman 2.0 too expensive.

However, I came across a number or complaint about eb2s being to bright, maybe they change the driver into cheaper one without disclosing the information.

So now, I no longer recommend EB2S due to this inconsistency.
Just put back on duty my EB2S: no bright issue at all. Listening many hours now, I forgot as I like them!

Jan 27, 2023 at 12:13 PM Post #67,948 of 75,297
Yes, I'm thinking of buying a 4 core cable to see if I prefer. That might be a really good route. As for the clip I'm searching but haven't found any that appears to be good for my case. But I'll keep on looking!
Hmm. How about this? It will work with anything from 2-4mm.

Jan 27, 2023 at 3:00 PM Post #67,950 of 75,297
can anyone recommend earbuds has biggest soundstage , with decent sub bass , mid for watch movie ?
More options than you'd like to think about!

What's your budget and what type of music do you like. Are you sensitive to treble (do you find high pitched noise very annoying)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back