Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 24, 2023 at 11:04 AM Post #67,922 of 75,352
Hello guys, i just begin doing earbuds review.
The Faaeal Lilium is for vocal lover (male&female) while the Ourart QJ21 shine with acoustic music.
I'm still seeking for a flagship earbuds that will be better than my favorite NiceHCK EBX, as well as one with proper bass punch and sub bass rumble-extension.
You can give a look (and subscribe) here:

Jan 24, 2023 at 11:05 AM Post #67,923 of 75,352
Yes very much thank you bro :pray:

The Yinman and FF5 are looking real interesting because of the detachable cables
You are very welcome! You will have to let us know what you decided and your thoughts on them.

Remember, the picture on AE is incorrect, and the ones you would be getting do not have a detachable cable. It is a rather nice, thin (not delicately so though), and soft(ish) cable though.

And, while the cable is really nice on the FF5, it is a bit hard or stiff. It isn't too bad for me, but some have complained about it.

All in all, you really can't go wrong with either pair. Neither of them has anything offensive (to my ears) in their sound profile. If I had to choose only one, it would really be a coin toss (though I may lean more towards the Yinman even without the detachable cable). It's a good thing I don't have to choose though, because they are actually pretty complimentary to each other. :)

Jan 24, 2023 at 11:47 AM Post #67,924 of 75,352
The Faaeal Lilium is for vocal lover (male&female) while the Ourart QJ21 shine with acoustic music.
I'm still seeking for a flagship earbuds that will be better than my favorite NiceHCK EBX, as well as one with proper bass punch and sub bass rumble-extension.

Thanks for sharing your review and video with us. :) Very nice!

I can't speak for the NickHCK EBX because I have never heard them before, but I can recommend some buds that do bass properly (IMO). All of these will sound more like IEMs in the bass region than they do earbuds. That isn't to say that they are equal to IEMs in that department. It is only saying that I would compare them more to IEMs for that than I would other earbuds (which tend to lack most of the time).

• FiiO FF3
  • FiiO FF5
  • Yinman 2.0 600
  • Yincrow RW2000
  • Yincrow RW3000
  • Smabat ST10S B&G (150 ohm version)
All of these are flagship models except for the FiiO FF3, but honestly, I can't tell they aren't. They actually have some of the best bass on this list. I am talking about quantity and quality here. But they also have the second largest pina gain boost of the bunch (behind the ST10S). So, if that region bothers you to be boosted, you might stay away from both of those because they CAN get fatiguing after a time. The rest on the list are not offensive in any way (to my ears) and are tuned very well; albeit all differently.

An honorable mention must go to the Rose Technics Maria II. These have the largest pina gain boost of them all (on the list) and don't have the best bass OOTB, but if you EQ them they are capable of becoming total bass-head buds. They CAN actually have/hold more bass than a lot of IEMs. This is probably because of the HUGE (second) "speaker" in the back of the bud. I wished that they had tuned these to be more prevalent in the bass region to begin with though. The quality of the bass is excellent though (fast, textured, etc...). So, these can double as excellent for classical, and when EQed, excellent for anything needing any bass. These are also the only pair that I have that has a detachable cable that is a two pin (which is great for earbuds IMO).

Just some of my thoughts. :)

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2023 at 12:40 PM Post #67,925 of 75,352
Thanks bro I'll check them out! :pray:

How much is enough power? I have a iFi Go Blu and Zen Dac v1 currently
I happen to have the Yinmans, Zen DAC v1 and Go Blu. I rather like the way the Go Blu drives them. Seems like enough power to me. Certainly loud enough with headroom. Regarding the Zen DAC, I use that bedside, but with a Zen Can amp in the mix. I gave just the DAC a quick listen out of the balanced headphone out with the Yinmans and it sounds good to me - plenty loud, and I think it has more power than the Go Blu. Our pal @samandhi might have looked up the line out specs, instead of the headphone out. Check here:
https://ifi-audio.com/products/zen-dac/

Headphone Section​

Output Power (@1% THD)4.4mm (BAL)
330mW@32 Ohm; 6.6V@600 Ohm;
16 Ohm - 600 Ohm Headphone

6.3mm S-BAL (SE)
230mW@32 Ohm; 3.3V@600 Ohm

Note: Using 5v power. If powered from USB, power output may vary.
Output Impedance< 1 Ω (BAL/SE)

Jan 24, 2023 at 3:01 PM Post #67,926 of 75,352
I happen to have the Yinmans, Zen DAC v1 and Go Blu. I rather like the way the Go Blu drives them. Seems like enough power to me. Certainly loud enough with headroom. Regarding the Zen DAC, I use that bedside, but with a Zen Can amp in the mix. I gave just the DAC a quick listen out of the balanced headphone out with the Yinmans and it sounds good to me - plenty loud, and I think it has more power than the Go Blu. Our pal @samandhi might have looked up the line out specs, instead of the headphone out. Check here:
https://ifi-audio.com/products/zen-dac/

Headphone Section​

Output Power (@1% THD)4.4mm (BAL)
330mW@32 Ohm; 6.6V@600 Ohm;

6.3mm S-BAL (SE)
230mW@32 Ohm; 3.3V@600 Ohm

Note: Using 5v power. If powered from USB, power output may vary.
Output Impedance< 1 Ω (BAL/SE
Thanks for the information. :)

Actually, I stopped looking when I saw 100ohms output impedance. I can't find the same site that said that now, but upon further research, I am seeing the same <1ohms as you posted (must have been a typo???).

The Zen DAC V1 ouputs this:
6.6VRMS@600ohms = 72.6mW

and the Yinman need (to be driven properly and to 110dBSPL):
80mW which is right around 6.93VRMS

Keep in mind that I am only talking about on paper, and at a whopping 110dBSPL. It would only need 8wW, and 2.19VRMS, and 3.7mA to drive them to 100dBSPL. So, I think this device might be right on that line. Glad to know that you find it drives them well.

Edit: And you might be right, but from the information I found says that the Go Blu has more ouput power from balanced @7.5VRMS. I could be wrong though.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2023 at 7:02 PM Post #67,927 of 75,352
Seeing that 100ohm output impedence figure in your post is what got me curious. When it didn't sound terrible like I expected, I had to dig in a little further. The power difference seems feasible, as the Zen DAC has 2 gain settings, though they call it PowerMatch or something.

I guess to put a bottom line on it, I'd suggest having a GoBlu and a Zen DAC shouldn't keep you from trying the Yinmans if they look like they fit your preference. Maybe add a Zen Can down the road if you want to have power to spare.

I've been curious how the Yinmans or other high impedence buds sound on a portable tube amp like a Little Bear. Anybody rocking that setup? I've been tempted several times to get one...

Jan 24, 2023 at 7:16 PM Post #67,928 of 75,352
I've been curious how the Yinmans or other high impedence buds sound on a portable tube amp like a Little Bear. Anybody rocking that setup?

I have the B4-X with Burson v5i opamps. I don't have any of the earbuds mentioned, but I do have an awful VE ZEN. It powers that 320 ohm unit easily. I'm pretty sure the B4-X can power anything well, especially with the Bursons.

Jan 24, 2023 at 8:45 PM Post #67,929 of 75,352
Seeing that 100ohm output impedence figure in your post is what got me curious. When it didn't sound terrible like I expected, I had to dig in a little further. The power difference seems feasible, as the Zen DAC has 2 gain settings, though they call it PowerMatch or something.

I guess to put a bottom line on it, I'd suggest having a GoBlu and a Zen DAC shouldn't keep you from trying the Yinmans if they look like they fit your preference. Maybe add a Zen Can down the road if you want to have power to spare.

I've been curious how the Yinmans or other high impedence buds sound on a portable tube amp like a Little Bear. Anybody rocking that setup? I've been tempted several times to get one...
Well, I am glad that you mentioned it then, otherwise the OP might possibly have missed out on some really good buds thinking that they couldn't drive them with their current gear (well, except the Go Blu).

I don't have the Little Bear, but have heard that it isn't very good until/unless you use the Burson Opamps as mentioned by @InvisibleInk. However, I have used them with the DX300 with Amp13 class A amplifier card (Korg Nutube). I could see this sounding really good if it had the power to push them well, but unfortunately they made this one 3.5mm SE only, and even the most powerful output is only 4.4VRMS. So, the bass is flabby or hollow, the separation is not good, and even the treble is blunted quite a bit. Much like it was when using it directly from my phone, except warmer (added tube sound, but in this instance not in a good way).

Having said that, they just came out with the Amp14 class A amplifier card (another Korg Nutube), and it is a 4.4mm balanced only output. I haven't gotten it yet, but at some point, I will have it and definitely will be trying it with the Yinman.
I have the B4-X with Burson v5i opamps. I don't have any of the earbuds mentioned, but I do have an awful VE ZEN. It powers that 320 ohm unit easily. I'm pretty sure the B4-X can power anything well, especially with the Bursons.

Jan 24, 2023 at 9:34 PM Post #67,930 of 75,352
A bit off topic for the earbuds thread, but I just thought I would share what I am rockin' on tonight. Please don't click the spoiler tags if you don't want to go further off topic... :)
I had to give the earbuds a break for a night or so, so I went to these, and I LOVE them a lot; though with just changing from stock velour pads to leather pads, they are like having two different headphones:

20220720_204311.jpg

20220720_204355.jpg

20220726_235824.jpg
And after dressing them up with a headband protector, and some Dekoni Custom Stelia pads:

20230124_205354.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2023 at 9:58 PM Post #67,931 of 75,352
A bit off topic for the earbuds thread, but I just thought I would share what I am rockin' on tonight. Please don't click the spoiler tags if you don't want to go further off topic... :)
I had to give the earbuds a break for a night or so, so I went to these, and I LOVE them a lot; though with just changing from stock velour pads to leather pads, they are like having two different headphones:

20220720_204311.jpg
20220720_204355.jpg
20220726_235824.jpg
And after dressing them up with a headband protector, and some Dekoni Custom Stelia pads:

20230124_205354.jpg
Curious! Are those giant buds you insert your ears into rather than the other way round? And a huge external frame bolting them to the outside of your head. Interesting concept, but they will never catch on. The case wouldn't fit in your pocket! :ksc75smile:

Jan 24, 2023 at 10:06 PM Post #67,932 of 75,352
Curious! Are those giant buds you insert your ears into rather than the other way round? And a huge external frame bolting them to the outside of your head. Interesting concept, but they will never catch on. The case wouldn't fit in your pocket! :ksc75smile:
Yeah... yeah... that's it, earbuds that are held in place with a frame that goes atop your head. I wasn't sure they would catch on either, but I am always up for something new.... :beerchug:

Hey man! They may NOT fit in my pocket, but I would bet they would fit in my "murse" .... ROFL

Jan 24, 2023 at 11:48 PM Post #67,933 of 75,352

If you were in the US I'd be down to send you my OG ST-10's to try.

Jan 25, 2023 at 12:22 AM Post #67,934 of 75,352
Thanks for sharing your review and video with us. :) Very nice!

I can't speak for the NickHCK EBX because I have never heard them before, but I can recommend some buds that do bass properly (IMO). All of these will sound more like IEMs in the bass region than they do earbuds. That isn't to say that they are equal to IEMs in that department. It is only saying that I would compare them more to IEMs for that than I would other earbuds (which tend to lack most of the time).

• FiiO FF3
  • FiiO FF5
  • Yinman 2.0 600
  • Yincrow RW2000
  • Yincrow RW3000
  • Smabat ST10S B&G (150 ohm version)
All of these are flagship models except for the FiiO FF3, but honestly, I can't tell they aren't. They actually have some of the best bass on this list. I am talking about quantity and quality here. But they also have the second largest pina gain boost of the bunch (behind the ST10S). So, if that region bothers you to be boosted, you might stay away from both of those because they CAN get fatiguing after a time. The rest on the list are not offensive in any way (to my ears) and are tuned very well; albeit all differently.

An honorable mention must go to the Rose Technics Maria II. These have the largest pina gain boost of them all (on the list) and don't have the best bass OOTB, but if you EQ them they are capable of becoming total bass-head buds. They CAN actually have/hold more bass than a lot of IEMs. This is probably because of the HUGE (second) "speaker" in the back of the bud. I wished that they had tuned these to be more prevalent in the bass region to begin with though. The quality of the bass is excellent though (fast, textured, etc...). So, these can double as excellent for classical, and when EQed, excellent for anything needing any bass. These are also the only pair that I have that has a detachable cable that is a two pin (which is great for earbuds IMO).

Just some of my thoughts. :)
thanks mate, unfortunately my FF3 die when i plug it...but the 5 seconds of sound did promise good bass indeed!
lot of earbuds i havent try there and i will sure write them down. very nice!
bass is something very rarely nailed in earbuds world, the Achille heel we can say.

Jan 25, 2023 at 12:45 AM Post #67,935 of 75,352
thanks mate, unfortunately my FF3 die when i plug it...but the 5 seconds of sound did promise good bass indeed!
lot of earbuds i havent try there and i will sure write them down. very nice!
bass is something very rarely nailed in earbuds world, the Achille heel we can say.
Have you tried sending them back? They DO have a 1 year warranty on them. Hopefully you got them from somewhere that is not too bad to return them/exchange them?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back