Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 10, 2022 at 8:14 AM Post #61,816 of 75,216
Hey thanks for asking.
i bought the cax...as i wanted to get totl at that time... but i dint know there are only 8 pairs... it's a news for me

Thanks for asking...
Ah, so you got one of the coveted Black Editions... nice! Lucky dog you! The only thing rarer is Herry's CAX Gold, only two pair were made or perhaps his White CampFred which but only a few pair were made.

Yeah, if I recall correctly it was @Danneq who had confirmed with Herry the total amount of CAX Black Editions that he had made. I don't even think he sold them all either.

2015​
Cypherus Audio (CAX; Cy-Ax) CampFred; 32Ω (aka CF1; retuned Advanced Earbuds made by Herry Widjaya; Indonesia)​

2016​
Cypherus Audio (CAX) CAX Black Edition v1 v2; 32Ω (mid & late 2016 upgrades of CF1; only eight pairs were made by Herry Widjaya; Indonesia)​
Cypherus Audio (CAX) Cardas Golden Reference; 32Ω (an early 2016 model aka CAX Gold; only two pair were made by Herry Widjaya; Indonesia)​
Cypherus Audio (CAX) QFred; 70Ω (retuned Advanced Earbuds made by Herry Widjaya; Indonesia)​

2017​
Cypherus Audio (CAX) Blue Darth; 30Ω (retuned Advanced Earbuds made by Herry Widjaya; Indonesia)​
Cypherus Audio (CAX) Campfred v2; 32Ω (retuned Advanced Earbuds made by Herry Widjaya; Indonesia)​
Cypherus Audio (CAX) CAX Red Dragon; 32Ω (hand-made driver by Herry Widjaya; Indonesia)​

2018​
Cypherus Audio (CAX) Crescendo; 32Ω (made by Herry Widjaya; Indonesia)​
Cypherus Audio (CAX) White CampFred Limited Edition; 32Ω (hand-made driver; only a few pair were made by Herry Widjaya; Indonesia)​
Cypherus Audio (CAX) Zoomfred; 32Ω (aka Baby Red Dragon; hand-made driver by Herry Widjaya; Indonesia)​
Cypherus Audio (CAX) Zoomfred Pro; 32Ω (w/ cryo-copper cable; hand-made driver by Herry Widjaya; Indonesia)​
2021​
Cypherus Audio (CAX) V99 Monitor; ~32Ω (Modded Aiwa HP V99 shell w/ hand-made driver by Herry Widjaya; Indonesia)​

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2022 at 8:19 AM Post #61,817 of 75,216
Sun Cooper is aviable, but not listed on any eShop, you have to mail them.
Have different signatures for sure.

price aside, Sun Dice already sounds good enough to me to consider it one of the best prefabs I've ever heard.

Jul 10, 2022 at 9:23 AM Post #61,818 of 75,216
I think Zen Su is an outstanding earbud, tons of detail and very dynamic.
But my tastes are more with Zen Shinning and the incoming Asura Pure White.
I will get Sun Cooper very soon.

Jul 10, 2022 at 10:43 AM Post #61,819 of 75,216
Curious if when you bought your VE Sun Dice did Lee by chance mention (offer) the upgraded god-tier VE Sun Copper edition to you? They haven't been available for years now but someone mentioned that he had a NOS pair kicking around still. Very nice earbuds nonetheless. I liked the Sun Dice very much. You have some happy times ahead of you.
No but I definitely would have been interested. Of the other VE models, is there one that offers comparable tuning / performance (maybe slightly more V), but has less demanding power requirements?

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2022 at 11:00 AM Post #61,820 of 75,216
Ah, so you got one of the coveted Black Editions... nice! Lucky dog you! The only thing rarer is Henry's CAX Gold, only two pair were made or perhaps his White CampFred which but only a few pair were made.

Yeah, if I recall correctly it was @Danneq who had confirmed with Henry the total amount of CAX Black Editions that he had made. I don't even think he sold them all either.

2015​
Cypherus Audio X (CAX; Cy-Ax) CampFred; 32Ω (aka CF1; retuned Advanced Earbuds made by Henry Widjaya; Indonesia)​
2016​
Cypherus Audio (CAX) CAX Black Edition v1 v2; 32Ω (mid & late 2016 upgrades of CF1; only eight pairs were made by Henry Widjaya; Indonesia)​
Cypherus Audio (CAX) Cardas Golden Reference; 32Ω (an early 2016 model aka CAX Gold; only two pair were made by Henry Widjaya; Indonesia)​
Cypherus Audio (CAX) QFred; 70Ω (retuned Advanced Earbuds made by Henry Widjaya; Indonesia)​
2017​
Cypherus Audio (CAX) Blue Darth; 30Ω (retuned Advanced Earbuds made by Henry Widjaya; Indonesia)​
Cypherus Audio (CAX) Campfred v2; 32Ω (retuned Advanced Earbuds made by Henry Widjaya; Indonesia)​
Cypherus Audio (CAX) CAX Red Dragon; 32Ω (hand-made driver by Henry Widjaya; Indonesia)​
2018​
Cypherus Audio (CAX) Crescendo; 32Ω (made by Henry Widjaya; Indonesia)​
Cypherus Audio (CAX) White CampFred Limited Edition; 32Ω (hand-made driver; only a few pair were made by Henry Widjaya; Indonesia)​
Cypherus Audio (CAX) Zoomfred; 32Ω (aka Baby Red Dragon; hand-made driver by Henry Widjaya; Indonesia)​
Cypherus Audio (CAX) Zoomfred Pro; 32Ω (w/ cryo-copper cable; hand-made driver by Henry Widjaya; Indonesia)​
wow that's great..i will keep my cardas CAX till end of my life then

Jul 10, 2022 at 11:27 AM Post #61,821 of 75,216
Thank you for the correction mate. For some reason I was under the impression that all the copper metal shells had been used. It indeed has a different signature and I very much liked it when I heard it a few years back. Even better than the VE Sun Dice and VE SU in my opinion. How much is the VE SUN COPPER these days?
$599

Jul 10, 2022 at 8:44 PM Post #61,822 of 75,216
Work is super busy right now with several projects running at the same (over)time. Not much free time for visiting the forums lately.

Ok, here's a little bit of info. I got the stainless steel version. The buds have some good weight for buds, but they're comfortable in the ears. The cable is very similar to the FiiO EM5 cable. The one thing I don't like about the cable is that it has a memory, meaning when I took the FF3 out of the box the left bud cable had a loose 'S' bend in it near the bud from the packing. Maybe it will straighten out with time, but right now the 'S' bend portion sometimes touches the side of my face, which is annoying. I think I'll soak that part of the cable in some warm water to see if the rubberized cable jacket will reshape itself or allow me to manipulate it somewhat straight again.

The FF3 come with 3 different foams. Thick (not super thick) if you want more bass. Medium/thin for balanced sound and donut foams for that extra treble sparkle. I tried the thick first and the bass was excellent, but the treble was too muffled, rolled off for my taste. The medium/thin foams really struck the right balance for me, as I'm sure it will also work for others as well. Nice bass and sub-bass (if the music has that sub-bass kick) while mids and treble sound just right. Not forward or recessed. This is my impression after listening to them for just a couple of hours and switching tunes to see how they perform. I haven't had a chance to compare them to other buds I have.

I'll leave it at that for now until I get more time to intently listen to these new FF3 and compare to other buds I have. Over all I really like them, nice sound stage, not wide, but not stuck in your head either (like some IEMs). Very easy to listen to without fatigue. Would I recommend a blind buy? I would. For their midrange price they perform nicely and I think would fit in great with anybody's earbud arsenal. FiiO's new 'drum head' bass tech sounds pretty good to me with the FF3's. The upcoming FF5's might even be better? I guess we won't know until they come out.

FiiO FF3 comparisons:

FiiO FF3 comes with 3 different sets of foams. What FiiO refers to as "Bass foam eartips" (thick full foams), "Balanced" (thin full foams) and "Crispy treble" (donut foams). The balanced foams are working best for me. The cable is permanently attached at the buds and the plug end can be swapped between 3.5mm SE and 4.4mm balanced. The 4.4mm balanced plug is included. The FF3 come with 3 small pouches of different foams and a plastic water tight storage box.

I don't have a set of the FiiO EM3, so can't compare the FF3 to it. I've read that the EM3 got rave reviews and are an excellent low budget choice that punches above it's weight class. I'm not sure what they cost when they were first released, but now they can be had for around $20. That's still very reasonable for a set of buds that are reputed to have excellent sound quality. Maybe someone who has both EM3 and FF3 can do a comparison.

FiiO FF3 (balanced foams) vs FiiO EM5 (donut foams):

The FF3 are not as bass heavy as the EM5. As mentioned in the previous post the FF3 does have nice bass and sub-bass (if the music has that sub-bass kick) while mids and treble sound just right. Not forward or recessed, nor overly bright. While the EM5 by it's design is a basshead's dream earbud. The EM5 with full foams have excellent bass, but IMO it's too much for it's own good. Anyway, I use donut foams on the EM5 to tame the bass and let the mid-range and treble shine a bit. I found the EM5 with donut foams to only really sound good when matched with a neutral sound source, while the FF3 sounds great with either neutral or warm sounding sources.

FiiO FF3 (balanced foams) vs Yincrow RW-3000 (donut foams):

The FF3 while very nice sounding are no match for the RW-3000. The overall sound presentation of the RW-3000 is awesome. The interplay of bass, mid-range and treble of the RW-3000 are very good and create a certain soundstage and audio imaging that I really like. Of course there is one caveat. I found the RW-3000 like to be matched up with a warm sounding source. With a neutral source the RW-3000 high end can be a little fatiguing on the ears, though I think I'm getting used to it by now. As already mentioned the FF3 sounds great with either neutral or warm sources.

FiiO FF3 (balanced foams) vs RikuBuds Berserker 1 (donut foams):

First, gotta give some props to @RikudouGoku for coming up with the Berserker 1 buds. For those who have had the pleasure to hear them, you already know why they are in @WoodyLuvr's current top 3 buds lineup.

Well, here's the surprise. It was very hard to compare the FF3 to the Berserker 1 buds. The sound signature of both buds are very similar with small differences. Now considering that the FF3 had full (balanced sound) foams on and the Berserker 1 had donut foams on. The Berserker 1 buds are bass cannons with full foams on, but in a good way. For my own ears I had to use donut foams to tune them the way I like them to sound. Having said that, both FF3 and B1 buds have similar bass profile with the B1 just edging out the FF3. The bass in both buds do not muddy up the mids or treble. The mids and treble are very well balanced with the bass in both buds, with the B1 being a little brighter on the high end. I already mentioned how the FF3 play nice with either neutral or warm sources, well so does the Berserker 1.

So now you know what I think of the FiiO FF3 through these comparisons. Are they worth it to have in your earbud arsenal? Only you can determine that for yourself. As for myself, I'm glad I got them.

Instead of me posting pictures of the set I got, here's a link to some fine pictures of the FF3 shared by FiiO in the forums. My stainless steel ones look exactly the same as the FiiO provided pictures.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2022 at 9:33 PM Post #61,823 of 75,216
Work is super busy right now with several projects running at the same (over)time. Not much free time for visiting the forums lately.

Ok, here's a little bit of info. I got the stainless steel version. The buds have some good weight for buds, but they're comfortable in the ears. The cable is very similar to the FiiO EM5 cable. The one thing I don't like about the cable is that it has a memory, meaning when I took the FF3 out of the box the left bud cable had a loose 'S' bend in it near the bud from the packing. Maybe it will straighten out with time, but right now the 'S' bend portion sometimes touches the side of my face, which is annoying. I think I'll soak that part of the cable in some warm water to see if the rubberized cable jacket will reshape itself or allow me to manipulate it somewhat straight again.

The FF3 come with 3 different foams. Thick (not super thick) if you want more bass. Medium/thin for balanced sound and donut foams for that extra treble sparkle. I tried the thick first and the bass was excellent, but the treble was too muffled, rolled off for my taste. The medium/thin foams really struck the right balance for me, as I'm sure it will also work for others as well. Nice bass and sub-bass (if the music has that sub-bass kick) while mids and treble sound just right. Not forward or recessed. This is my impression after listening to them for just a couple of hours and switching tunes to see how they perform. I haven't had a chance to compare them to other buds I have.

I'll leave it at that for now until I get more time to intently listen to these new FF3 and compare to other buds I have. Over all I really like them, nice sound stage, not wide, but not stuck in your head either (like some IEMs). Very easy to listen to without fatigue. Would I recommend a blind buy? I would. For their midrange price they perform nicely and I think would fit in great with anybody's earbud arsenal. FiiO's new 'drum head' bass tech sounds pretty good to me with the FF3's. The upcoming FF5's might even be better? I guess we won't know until they come out.

FiiO FF3 comparisons:

FiiO FF3 comes with 3 different sets of foams. What FiiO refers to as "Bass foam eartips" (thick full foams), "Balanced" (thin full foams) and "Crispy treble" (donut foams). The balanced foams are working best for me. The cable is permanently attached at the buds and the plug end can be swapped between 3.5mm SE and 4.4mm balanced. The 4.4mm balanced plug is included. The FF3 come with 3 small pouches of different foams and a plastic water tight storage box.

I don't have a set of the FiiO EM3, so can't compare the FF3 to it. I've read that the EM3 got rave reviews and are an excellent low budget choice that punches above it's weight class. I'm not sure what they cost when they were first released, but now they can be had for around $20. That's still very reasonable for a set of buds that are reputed to have excellent sound quality. Maybe someone who has both EM3 and FF3 can do a comparison.

The FF3 are not as bass heavy as the EM5. As mentioned in the previous post the FF3 does have nice bass and sub-bass (if the music has that sub-bass kick) while mids and treble sound just right. Not forward or recessed, nor overly bright. While the EM5 by it's design is a basshead's dream earbud. The EM5 with full foams have excellent bass, but IMO it's too much for it's own good. Anyway, I use donut foams on the EM5 to tame the bass and let the mid-range and treble shine a bit. I found the EM5 with donut foams to only really sound good when matched with a neutral sound source, while the FF3 sounds great with either neutral or warm sounding sources.

The FF3 while very nice sounding are no match for the RW-3000. The overall sound presentation of the RW-3000 is awesome. The interplay of bass, mid-range and treble of the RW-3000 are very good and create a certain soundstage and audio imaging that I really like. Of course there is one caveat. I found the RW-3000 like to be matched up with a warm sounding source. With a neutral source the RW-3000 high end can be a little fatiguing on the ears, though I think I'm getting used to it by now. As already mentioned the FF3 sounds great with either neutral or warm sources.

First, gotta give some props to @RikudouGoku for coming up with the Berserker 1 buds. For those who have had the pleasure to hear them, you already know why they are in @WoodyLuvr's current top 3 buds lineup.

Well, here's the surprise. It was very hard to compare the FF3 to the Berserker 1 buds. The sound signature of both buds are very similar with small differences. Now considering that the FF3 had full (balanced sound) foams on and the Berserker 1 had donut foams on. The Berserker 1 buds are bass cannons with full foams on, but in a good way. For my own ears I had to use donut foams to tune them the way I like them to sound. Having said that, both FF3 and B1 buds have similar bass profile with the B1 just edging out the FF3. The bass in both buds do not muddy up the mids or treble. The mids and treble are very well balanced with the bass in both buds, with the B1 being a little brighter on the high end. I already mentioned how the FF3 play nice with either neutral or warm sources, well so does the Berserker 1.

So now you know what I think of the FiiO FF3 through these comparisons. Are they worth it to have in your earbud arsenal? Only you can determine that for yourself. As for myself, I'm glad I got them.

Instead of me posting pictures of the set I got, here's a link to some fine pictures of the FF3 shared by FiiO in the forums. My stainless steel ones look exactly the same as the FiiO provided pictures.
Great comparisons! Those look really nice, as does the cable. It looks pretty sturdy. I don't think I would worry about that one even though it is not detachable. :)

Jul 11, 2022 at 12:58 AM Post #61,824 of 75,216

FiiO FF3 comparisons:

how comfortable it is on your ears?

Jul 11, 2022 at 6:44 AM Post #61,825 of 75,216
Last edited:
Jul 11, 2022 at 5:27 PM Post #61,826 of 75,216
Excellent mini-review. Buying from China is, has been, and will always be an adventure... just like a box of chocolates! I wish you had received the same little box as I. Oh well.

Indeed, it can not be stressed enough that these high impedance low sensitivity drivers require power... UNLIMITED POWER!!!

Yes, they will play via the meagerest of sources but not well nor anywhere near to their true potential. This is not an understatement at all.

Agreed, although the bass is far from slamming it is rather present, extraordinarily deep, and extremely detailed making the overall bass resolution and presentation quite remarkable without any bleed into the midrange which is remarkable.

So, I got the Yinman 600 2.0 today. I'll start with the packaging:

The box is not near as pretty as the one you got. It is raw wood, glued together. No stamps, or a finish on it. Really light and fragile pressboard. Just a sticker with Chinese writing saying "2.5 balanced". The contents weren't on a nice pillow like you got. They were simply placed in there. It looks like plenty of tips/donuts were included (of both black and white). The other major difference about the packaging (probably to make up for the crappy box) is the puck case they came in.

It is (I think) a faux leather exterior with plush foam in the inside. It is a zippered case and it is the exact same size diameter and depth as one I might get for iBasso IEMs or something to that nature. It does zip really easily too, so that is splendid.

As to the buds themselves:

They really are very nice looking, and the 2.5mm balanced connector is very well done and with a decent strain relief. The cable is surprisingly supple considering the coating that it appears to have. Two things that really concern me for longevity with the cable is there is no "Y" splitter or chin slider. It simply stops being wrapped. The other issue is that there are NO strain reliefs on the buds at all. OH! and they didn't send a cable wrap with mine either. This one isn't too big of an issue because I have plenty of spare ones. Just mentioning it because for the price paid, it seems as though they kinda' threw this package together.

The buds appear to be very well made, and they fit very well in my ears (pretty standard size IMO). I know that they needed to add the "shiny" protection to the wood, but the way they look, no one but me will know they are wood. If they left it the brown color that was the older model MMCX version, I would have liked it more. This is nitpicking, of course, and in the end I know, and they are really cool.

Having only heard them about an hour now, this may not be too accurate, nor permanent but with the right power, these do indeed sound really good. I started out with my tube amp card with my DX300 with SE only. While I was able to get enough volume (not for cranking though), it was indeed flat and lifeless (comparatively speaking). Next up was the Amp11.2 card (the stock card). It is capable of about 1.2W IIRC, and it sounded much better (being SS probably also gave it some more clarity and speed along with driving it better). Then I put in the holy grail; Amp12 card. This one is capable of 2W IIRC. Now we're starting to get where we need to be. So all of my testing/listening will probably be with the Amp12 card.

Man! Do these have some bass. It isn't a super heavy sub-bass (though it is pretty huge for an earbud; more than any other bud I have heard), though they do reach really low for a bud. It is like the entire bass region is boosted (low, mid, upper). And does it ever give off a warm feel. But the good news is that while the treble isn't overcooked at all, they have the kind of clarity mixed with warmth like you might get from a really good tube amp. Also, it is one of the first buds that seem to not be over boosted in the upper mids region in some way or another.

I don't want to say that that means the mids are recessed because (to my ears) they are not at all; just not shrill. I will have to say that the warmth that it has DOES make it a bit off tonally overall, but it does sound very good, nonetheless. The staging isn't as wide as something like the Maria II, but then what is? It is still fairly large and out of your head, like you would expect for an earbud.

I will have to give some time before I "cement" the following comment, but I think these might have just knocked the Chaconne and/or RW2000 off the throne in my castle (see what I did there? :)). But, even without having much time on them, if one is looking for a TOTL sound from earbuds, and I think these will be top notch for "all-rounders" too, then these are definitely recommended by me.

For sound alone (and as an early impression and provided you have plenty of power to drive them), I would give these an S+ as @RikudouGoku would say, or God-tier as @WoodyLuvr would say.

OH! And also keep in mind, these are NOT forgiving of crappy .mp3 files (they sound like crap, and I think I can actually hear some distortion with them). Feed it well, and it will perform for you!

Pictures (BTW they didn't come with the foams on them, I put them on before snapping the pic):

Just curious: do you think the Qudelix 5K (specs here} could power the 600's sufficiently? I usually only listen to headphones at my desk (with monolith liquid spark amplifier), so it would be great if the 600's sounded good off of a mobile device such as the 5K.

Jul 11, 2022 at 7:48 PM Post #61,827 of 75,216
Just curious: do you think the Qudelix 5K (specs here} could power the 600's sufficiently? I usually only listen to headphones at my desk (with monolith liquid spark amplifier), so it would be great if the 600's sounded good off of a mobile device such as the 5K.
It will drive them, but not well. They will sound flat and lifeless most likely. The tube amp card I was using in my post was 2v from low voltage output, and 4 volt out of the higher voltage output, and it didn't sound very good out of either. It could have been because of it being tube, but I doubt it.

On the other hand, it may have such good synergy that it sounds great regardless. But your Monolith should have no problem driving them, just in case. :wink:

Jul 11, 2022 at 9:01 PM Post #61,828 of 75,216
It will drive them, but not well. They will sound flat and lifeless most likely. The tube amp card I was using in my post was 2v from low voltage output, and 4 volt out of the higher voltage output, and it didn't sound very good out of either. It could have been because of it being tube, but I doubt it.

On the other hand, it may have such good synergy that it sounds great regardless. But your Monolith should have no problem driving them, just in case. :wink:
wow. I had to google if the yinman 600's meant that they are 600ohm drivers.... and they are. that's alot of power needed to drive an earbud.

Jul 11, 2022 at 9:31 PM Post #61,829 of 75,216
wow. I had to google if the yinman 600's meant that they are 600ohm drivers.... and they are. that's alot of power needed to drive an earbud.
Yeah, they take a bit of power, but when driven properly, they are crazy good! They will drive fine with most mid-tier DAPs (somewhere around 600 mW to 1W).

And, I might have spoken too early in my earlier post to @waynes world. Doing the math for these, in order to reach 100dB with the given specs (600 Ohm resistance @ 95 sensitivity) you would actually only need 1.9Vrms. To reach 110dB you would need about 5.4Vrms though. So as you can see it DOES scale up pretty quickly. If you can live with listening to them at 60-80dB your 5K should drive them fine.

Jul 12, 2022 at 1:05 AM Post #61,830 of 75,216

Yeah, they take a bit of power, but when driven properly, they are crazy good! They will drive fine with most mid-tier DAPs (somewhere around 600 mW to 1W).

And, I might have spoken too early in my earlier post to @waynes world. Doing the math for these, in order to reach 100dB with the given specs (600 Ohm resistance @ 95 sensitivity) you would actually only need 1.9Vrms. To reach 110dB you would need about 5.4Vrms though. So as you can see it DOES scale up pretty quickly. If you can live with listening to them at 60-80dB your 5K should drive them fine.
Concur with @samandhi that these earbuds scale!

I really do believe that 2022 Longyao-Yinman 2.0 600 LE; 600Ω rated sensitivity of 95dB ±3dB/mW is quite conservative as I am finding them to be much harder to drive than even my Puresounds PS100-600S which were listed as 600Ω @ 93dB ±3dB/mW but were actually sub 93dB/mW in true sensitivity. So I am thinking that these new Yinman 600Ω earbuds are probably closer to 91(90-92)dB/mW in sensitivity rather than their specified 95dB/mW (they are 87 dB/mW!). Some food for thought insomuch that they will and do scale incredibly well when fed more power. These are most excellent drivers as I am unable to make them distort with power or reasonable volume increases... unless via exuberant EQ'ing of the lower frequencies which of course is cruel and unusual punishment for any earbuds.

1657600742756.png
1657600805754.png

In either scenario only 2Vrms would be required to reach 99dB SPL or greater which even with 30dB of dynamic headroom would generally cover most genres and recordings (all but the most dynamic tracks) at medium listening levels.

Now the above power requirement charts do not tell the whole story nor do they fully (accurately) depict a driver's true power requirements across all (at certain) frequencies and at different volume levels.

With that said, although my 2022 Longyao-Yinman 2.0 600 LE are singing with 9 plus volts (Vrms) at high gain mode as supplied by my custom earbud tube amp they are still performing admirably well on the lower gain setting @ ~3-3.5Vrms with no anemic or lost bass or flat sounding response. As I had mentioned before I tried them with my Meizu HiFI Pro dongle "tricked" via an adapter cable to max output @ ~2Vrms with a thrust of ~9mW. They still sound great with plenty of volume to spare. Bass is less detailed and less impactful of course but definitely they still remain very musical and energetic... not flat or deflated sounding at all to me like some other 500Ω and 600Ω drivers can be with lower power. Chalk that up to quality drivers being used by Yinman. This of course may simply be a synergy event as @samandhi has so rightly pointed out and results may vary from source to source.

As I ordered the single-ended 3.5TRS version (as I listen at my desk on my tube amp with plenty of power-at-hand) I am unfortunately unable to test them via my stolen (the wife swiped it) FiiO BTR5's balanced output on high gain mode.

Your best bet is to ensure that you order the balanced version so as to take advantage of your Qudelix 5K's 4Vrms Balanced Mode which I honestly believe would offer enough juice for them to perform very well... but again if you can feed them more power, do so!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back