Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 15, 2022 at 6:53 PM Post #61,576 of 75,343
WOW! Then they should all be good then, because I like the stock driver.. :)
it is really good. That’s the funny thing about SMABAT drivers: they are all good. The 150ti is probably my favorite, but that could be different any day of the week. Even the little Bio sounds great. I’m just not a fan of SMABAT‘s tuning. After doing DIY, it’s hard to settle for less than perfect.

Jun 15, 2022 at 9:43 PM Post #61,577 of 75,343
it is really good. That’s the funny thing about SMABAT drivers: they are all good. The 150ti is probably my favorite, but that could be different any day of the week. Even the little Bio sounds great. I’m just not a fan of SMABAT‘s tuning. After doing DIY, it’s hard to settle for less than perfect.
IC your point! :) Did you try and put one of those drivers into a DIY bud yet?

Jun 16, 2022 at 12:52 AM Post #61,578 of 75,343
I just ordered the NiceHCK DIY MX500 with mic after looking at RikudouGoku's Earbud ranking, I already bought the Yincrow X6 (which is great) and am now looking for a more neutral pair of earbuds. So thanks once again to RikudouGoku and the rest of you for all the great info. :)

Jun 16, 2022 at 1:17 AM Post #61,579 of 75,343
Concur. This company really truly is trying hard to innovate and push the "flathead envelope" to new heights and performance levels. Many of the Svara-Smabat models easily fall into the top category for best bass/sub-bass performance. Sadly though I also don't care for their tuning as well. I am sensitive to peaky sibilant treble and Svara-Smabat has this overall general house tuning across the board that has a well known peak at 3kHz that really drives some people crazy while others are completely unaffected and not bothered by it at all... lucky dogs them! Something is also happening in the high mids and low highs that drastically impacts the timbre (timbral accuracy). Timbreheads such as myself and a few others (look'in at you @baskingshark) are quite picky in this department and personally have found the ST-10 era models and the Svara-Smabat house sound in general to be timbre inaccurate across many models and drivers. Though I must admit that I did really love the lows (from the low midrange downward) on my Smabat ST-10S Black-Gold but their wonky timbre, peaky treble, and achy fit were eventually too much for me and they were sent off to a terrifying end in a laboratory to be dissected and studied.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2022 at 2:07 AM Post #61,580 of 75,343
Though I must admit that I did really love the lows (from the low midrange downward) on my Smabat ST-10S Black-Gold but their wonky timbre, peaky treble, and achy fit were eventually too much for me and they were sent off to a terrifying end in a laboratory to be dissected and studied.
You monster

Jun 16, 2022 at 4:57 AM Post #61,582 of 75,343
Any review on TRN EMA?
No, I haven't seen any pre-release reviews yet... though I am keeping a watchful eye over on erji.net waiting for at least some specs to pop-up before they are released. "Coming Soon" could be a long way off for TRN.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2022 at 6:16 AM Post #61,583 of 75,343
No, I haven't seen any pre-release reviews yet... though I am keeping a watchful eye over on erji.net waiting for at least some specs to pop-up before they are released. "Coming Soon" could be a long way off for TRN.
Nice price if you ask me.

€ 8,63 50%OFF | TRN EMA 14.2mm Dynamic Driver In Ear Earphone Bass Metal Flat Head Plug Earburd Replaceable Cable For TRN Kirin MT1 VX Pro V90
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKrz3oK

Jun 16, 2022 at 6:28 AM Post #61,584 of 75,343
Jun 16, 2022 at 7:31 AM Post #61,585 of 75,343
Concur. This company really truly is trying hard to innovate and push the "flathead envelope" to new heights and performance levels. Many of the Svara-Smabat models easily fall into the top category for best bass/sub-bass performance. Sadly though I also don't care for their tuning as well. I am sensitive to peaky sibilant treble and Svara-Smabat has this overall general house tuning across the board that has a well known peak at 3kHz that really drives some people crazy while others are completely unaffected and not bothered by it at all... lucky dogs them! Something is also happening in the high mids and low highs that drastically impacts the timbre (timbral accuracy). Timbreheads such as myself and a few others (look'in at you @baskingshark) are quite picky in this department and personally have found the ST-10 era models and the Svara-Smabat house sound in general to be timbre inaccurate across many models and drivers. Though I must admit that I did really love the lows (from the low midrange downward) on my Smabat ST-10S Black-Gold but their wonky timbre, peaky treble, and achy fit were eventually too much for me and they were sent off to a terrifying end in a laboratory to be dissected and studied.
While I do agree with that, I find that most of the earbuds that I own also have this same (boosted 3K) trait. I can say that either I have gotten used to it, or burn-in has helped (maybe a bit of both?). I suppose it comes down to how loud you listen to them also?! I find that most of my earbuds still are terribly shouty at high volume (above 80(ish)dB). The Maria II and the DUNU Alpha 1 are the worst offenders (even more so than Smabat buds). The Chaconnes are the only ones that are not like this. They make me wince when I first put them in, because they have no right to be as clear as they are without being shouty IMO. :)

But, on the other hand, I am not opposed to using some EQ to tweak them to my liking (I know, sacrilege, non-purist), and I have a profile for most of my head gear in at least one frequency or another. I have yet to find ANY head gear that is perfect for me OOTB (though with most I only need 1-2dB of tweak). Even my iBasso IT07 (which I accuse them of tuning them just for me) need a bit of help in the treble area for me.

BUT.... Most of my head gear needs some re-testing, with the newly acquired Nutube amp recently acquired by me (literally yesterday).

Jun 16, 2022 at 7:39 AM Post #61,586 of 75,343

Well I had around 30 TRN products, ranging from IEMs, to TWS/BT adapters, cables and the like.

TRN gear mostly are tuned either with banshee shouty treble-on-steroids tuning, or the other extreme of lowFI bass bleeding V shaped types. I've sold or given most of my TRNs away.

Also, some of their gear suffer from QC defects.

Generally their cheaper gear have good price to performance ratio, but their IEMs around $100 and above are kinda meh compared to the competition.

And importantly, since it is their first foray into the earbud world, it will behoove one to wait for reviews before doing a blind purchase on this.

Jun 16, 2022 at 5:50 PM Post #61,587 of 75,343
Usd100? Aaaannnddd dis is where my journey ends...

Maybe they'll have a cheaper version out later.

Screenshot_20220617-054759_Facebook.jpg

Jun 16, 2022 at 5:54 PM Post #61,588 of 75,343
Usd100? Aaaannnddd dis is where my journey ends...

Maybe they'll have a cheaper version out later.

Screenshot_20220617-054759_Facebook.jpg
My only complaint is attached cable for such a high quality looking bud!

If it was under the blue and red markings, that would be solid but fiio forgot lol

Jun 16, 2022 at 7:09 PM Post #61,590 of 75,343
BUT.... Most of my head gear needs some re-testing, with the newly acquired Nutube amp recently acquired by me (literally yesterday).
After you get totally hooked on tubey-licious 2nd harmonics sound, you're next goal will be to search out and buy all head gear that will sound the best with your new Nutube amp card. It's inevitable!! 😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back