FiiO Dynamic Driver Earbuds FF3/14.2mm large driver/Beryllium-plated dome + PU gasket diaphragm /316L stainless steel polished construction US$99
Jun 16, 2022 at 7:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

FiiO

Sponsor: FiiO
We would like to introduce our Dynamic Driver Earbuds FF3. Based on the drum musical instrument, an all-new bass cavity design was made especially for the FF3, which can fully harness and utilize resonances to more effectively bring out the texture of bass notes. The medical-grade 316L stainless steel housing is comfortable to wear. It is offered in two colors: Elegant Black/Cosmic Silver.

About the acoustic design, the bass-enhancing acoustic flute design makes for amazing bass performance; the 14.2mm large dynamic driver with beryllium-plated dome + PU gasket diaphragm, allows for a more clean and natural sound; the specially tuned frequency response curve allows you to experience the vigorous sound of beating drums, as well as energetic dynamics in your music with the FF3.

A great pair of ear tips make sense for flat-head earbuds. The FF3 includes 3 types of different tuning sponge covers. Pick the ones you want to use for different kinds of music. The cable comprises 152 total wires made of high-purity silver-plated monocrystalline copper. And you can change between 3.5/4.4 mm plugs thanks to its twist-lock swappable plug design.

The MSRP (in the US market) of the distinctive Dynamic Driver Earbuds FF3 is 99.99 USD. For more details, please go to the product page on our official website. For more details, please refer to our official announcement.

幻灯片30.jpg
幻灯片31.jpg
幻灯片32.jpg
幻灯片34.jpg
幻灯片35.jpg
幻灯片36.jpg
幻灯片37.jpg
幻灯片38.jpg
幻灯片39.jpg
幻灯片40.jpg
幻灯片41.jpg

Attachments

• 幻灯片40.jpg
    幻灯片40.jpg
    370.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 幻灯片41.jpg
    幻灯片41.jpg
    495 KB · Views: 0
  • 幻灯片42.jpg
    幻灯片42.jpg
    323.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 幻灯片43.jpg
    幻灯片43.jpg
    297.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 幻灯片44.jpg
    幻灯片44.jpg
    565.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 幻灯片45.jpg
    幻灯片45.jpg
    379.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 幻灯片46.jpg
    幻灯片46.jpg
    656.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 幻灯片47.jpg
    幻灯片47.jpg
    450.1 KB · Views: 0
FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jun 16, 2022 at 4:25 PM Post #3 of 32
Im hoping these are a wonderful bud! They look it absolutely.

The previous models were not my taste, but im hoping these do their justice.

Question, what is the back made of? And how was the buds measured? Theyre usually tough to get right!

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2022 at 5:01 PM Post #5 of 32
Looks like a stetoscope instrument to listen to musical hearts 😀

I always liked buds more than iems for their open sound.. but.. theyre always keep falling out of my ears

Jun 16, 2022 at 6:54 PM Post #8 of 32
I don't think anyone expects massive sub bass from earbuds.
If you haven't tried earbuds lately, then you might say that, but earbuds are capable of some awesome bass. Give some a try, you might walk away really impressed and decide to jump into the flathead earbud rabbit hole. The new generation of buds are not like the ones from yesteryear that came free with portable CD / tape players.

Jun 16, 2022 at 8:11 PM Post #9 of 32
Looks very interesting. I’m a bit concerned about the 15db ear gain at 3k though (shouty?). Will share an impression when my local Hifi store has 1 in stock. I might grab one as I have never had any good flat head ear buds.

Jun 17, 2022 at 2:46 AM Post #11 of 32
If you haven't tried earbuds lately, then you might say that, but earbuds are capable of some awesome bass. Give some a try, you might walk away really impressed and decide to jump into the flathead earbud rabbit hole. The new generation of buds are not like the ones from yesteryear that came free with portable CD / tape players.
I have jumped down the earbud rabbit hole recently. I love earbuds and think they offer things that IEMs can not.

I was just saying that I never go in to the buying process for earbuds expecting there to be much sub bass. Earbuds make up for this in a number of ways such as having a great texture bass with amazing timbre. But yes I like buds.

Jun 17, 2022 at 4:36 AM Post #12 of 32
I don't think anyone expects massive sub bass from earbuds.
No, you actually can expect great bass from earbuds.
I've tried about half a dozen now.
Some trump IEMs in both quantity and quality.
And the soundstage, separation and airiness is sometimes a class apart in comparison to many IEMs.

I expect good things from these earbuds. And at this point, for the materials used, the craftsmanship put in, and the fit and finish and the finesse, I think the proposed retail price is pretty competitive.

I do wish for just one more thing here - a bio-cellulose or paper-composite driver, like the on Apple uses, would have been preferable to me. But if this can reproduce sound well still, I would not be troubled too much. I may consider swapping this driver though with my Apple ones - the drivers are the same size.

PS: Give a try to some of those MX500 clones - you will see what I'm talking about. VE Monks aren't the ones that put out the best bass - but Vido/NiceHK/TY/Faefal/Seahf and many others, actually do.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2022 at 4:37 AM Post #13 of 32
I always can't seem to keep them in, always feel like they will drop out any time. I hope they are not too heavy

Jun 17, 2022 at 5:06 AM Post #15 of 32
At first glance that FR looks terrible, but maybe it's not so bad for buds? Not something I'm well versed in.
Earbud graphs should be taken with a very large grain of salt still at this time. There is yet an agreed upon base FR curve(s) optimal for open-air flathead earbuds like there is for headphones and speakers nor is there a standard set yet for measuring properly, accurately, and consistently (the key one here) as earbuds, due to their varying open-air designs, are a little bit squirrelly to measure with current testing fixtures. I would definitely say that speakers and headphones seem to graph more easily with FR's that correspond more readily to what one actually hears than say earbuds or even IEMs. I remember Tyll offering that in-the-ear earphones behave differently and their FRs on graphs don't always make sense and/or seem to correspond to what we are hearing. Their close proximity to our ear drums is probably a good explanation.

But a few of our earbud brethren here on Head-Fi are working feverishly hard on this challenge at the moment and maybe very close to solving and realizing it with a viable solution! Keeping my fingers crossed
:fingers_crossed:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back