Earbuds Round-Up
Feb 12, 2022 at 1:57 PM Post #60,106 of 75,646
Anybody have heard the HZsound Bell Rhyme here? if so, whats your take??

I'm amaze by the imaging, clarity, realist timbre. Attack is freaking fast too...this 15mm DD is something special evne if i would like a bit more treble extension-sparkle, level of micro-details is still on high side. It pack some punch too, but its no basshead earbud and to achieve bass you need thigh fit...

Piano and female vocal have great presence and weight. It remind me a bit the Moondrop Nameless but with better thicker timbre and more weight.

I test them with TRI TK2 and Xduoo XD05+. They benefit from extra juice but are easy to drive enough too.

Anyway, it make lotta time i didnt test i new earbuds and now it put the spell on me to dig other new gems. This one is certainly a keeper.

Feb 12, 2022 at 2:03 PM Post #60,108 of 75,646
Feb 12, 2022 at 2:31 PM Post #60,110 of 75,646
Feb 12, 2022 at 3:43 PM Post #60,112 of 75,646
This is great news!!! Knowing your good taste and preferences I´m sure you´ll put out some great products at non stratospheric prices. Have you got any estimate on when these will come to market?
No clue, it depends on how long it takes for me to find something worthy of my name. :smirk:

Although i am not sure it will be cheap, as i have already spent a few hundred dollars on r/d....

Maybe starting from 50 usd.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2022 at 4:25 PM Post #60,113 of 75,646
No clue, it depends on how long it takes for me to find something worthy of my name. :smirk:

Although i am not sure it will be cheap, as i have already spent a few hundred dollars on r/d....

Maybe starting from 50 usd.
I´m well aware nothing with your name on it will be cheap in price or sound, just hoping you can conjure your magic at under 75-80 usd but if you produce something extraordinary above that price range I´ll also be most interested. The wait begins.

Feb 12, 2022 at 6:19 PM Post #60,114 of 75,646
So I have NiceCHK B40, NiceCHK EB2S, VE Monk Plus, VE Monk SM Metal, LBBS and the EB2S is the winner. LBBS is most comfortable and ... interesting, but too sharp sibilants and the scoop in the mids are a problem for me.

NiceHCK EB2S is the best of all, a bit bass bleed into the lower mids but the vocals are ok for me, some sibilants in the highs but also ok.

I just checked https://rg.squig.link/earbuds and only the Blur MX64 OFC STE have decisive different (more moderate) lower mids.
Is there anything else like that on the market? Show me my next upgrade :)

Feb 12, 2022 at 7:29 PM Post #60,115 of 75,646
It was mainly to test the shell, the driver is pretty meh.

Also got the MOT classification so I cant talk about buds anymore. (at least here lol.)
So you now have a classification with the Ministry of Transport? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Seriously, I am also looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Good luck sir!
So I have NiceCHK B40, NiceCHK EB2S, VE Monk Plus, VE Monk SM Metal, LBBS and the EB2S is the winner. LBBS is most comfortable and ... interesting, but too sharp sibilants and the scoop in the mids are a problem for me.

NiceHCK EB2S is the best of all, a bit bass bleed into the lower mids but the vocals are ok for me, some sibilants in the highs but also ok.

I just checked https://rg.squig.link/earbuds and only the Blur MX64 OFC STE have decisive different (more moderate) lower mids.
Is there anything else like that on the market? Show me my next upgrade :)
If you like the EB2S, maybe you should pick up the Smabat M2s Pro (stock 40ohm driver). They are tuned very very similar, but the Smabat are just better at it in every way IMO. They are more expensive, but I don't think by too much.

They have more quantity of bass, and the pina gain is a bit less (to my ears). Though, that may just sound that way due to having fuller bass. Soundstage is much wider, and imaging is better. There is no grain in the upper end. Layering is much better; busy tracks is where this shows in an obvious way. Plus, if your cable gets trashed, you can simply change them. Also, if you don't like (or want to experiment) the stock driver (and filters), you can buy kits to change them out. Win/win IMHO!

I don't know what the other drivers sound like, but I also own the ST10S Gold (150 ohm driver), that is reportedly used in the 150 ohm upgrade driver for the M2s Pro. The ST10S sound totally different than the M2s Pro w/stock driver IMO, so I can't really say one way or the other about that. I think @Ronion has the upgrade driver kits for the M2s Pro. If you are interested maybe he could better talk about them.

YMMV, but I own both (EB2S and M2s Pro) and think all of the above is true to the best of my ability to A/B... :)

Feb 12, 2022 at 7:33 PM Post #60,116 of 75,646
Seriously, I am also looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Good luck sir!
Thanks!

If you like the EB2S, maybe you should pick up the Smabat M2s Pro (stock 40ohm driver). They are tuned very very similar, but the Smabat are just better at it in every way IMO. They are more expensive, but I don't think by too much.
Nah, they are very different.

graph - 2022-02-13T013242.839.png

Feb 13, 2022 at 10:41 AM Post #60,119 of 75,646
It was mainly to test the shell, the driver is pretty meh.

Also got the MOT classification so I cant talk about buds anymore. (at least here lol.)
Looking foward! I'm sure it will be great. We can see down the line collabs with established brands as He who shall not be named on Head-fi has done with iems. Good luck, and I wish you all the best in establishing an income out of this. Though we all know you need that audio heart to start this in the first place. Blessings on this endeavor and that you never lose your enthusiasm.

Feb 13, 2022 at 10:46 AM Post #60,120 of 75,646
We can see down the line collabs with established brands as He who shall not be named on Head-fi has done with iems
It probably take a long time (if it will happen at all) for established brands to do collabs with reviewers/reputable people in the bud world, we are a niche of a niche after all...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back