Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 8, 2022 at 8:19 PM Post #59,596 of 75,861
Hello,

I'm looking forward to get one of those earbuds: BGVP DX5, ISN Audio Rambo II, Hessian Ansata Pro, **** PT2021.

I would prefer a neutral sound signature with good separation and clear/vivid vocals. I mainly listen to rock, metal and some edm, although a little lack of bass should be fine.

I accept suggestions. Thank you. : )

Jan 8, 2022 at 8:24 PM Post #59,597 of 75,861
D4C02F95-57B7-490D-BBFB-FE14D43CD5FF.jpeg
My wife put this box in the shed w/o my knowledge. I thought she recycled it. Pardon its battered appearance.

Jan 8, 2022 at 10:17 PM Post #59,599 of 75,861
Hey guys could I ask you to take a picture of your LBBS box if you have it?
So we can check the S/N number on them.

Because it seems that @Szymon The Crackhead got a unit from Jietu with the LBBS check mark but the cable is actually the LBB cable. @WoodyLuvr is currently investigating this with NiceHCK. But more data might be needed.

here is my unit:
IMG_20220108_181600.jpg
20211222_134418.jpg

Jan 8, 2022 at 11:08 PM Post #59,600 of 75,861
Hey guys could I ask you to take a picture of your LBBS box if you have it?
So we can check the S/N number on them.

Because it seems that @Szymon The Crackhead got a unit from Jietu with the LBBS check mark but the cable is actually the LBB cable. @WoodyLuvr is currently investigating this with NiceHCK. But more data might be needed.

here is my unit:
IMG_20220108_181600.jpg
Last month I received an LBBS marked box with SN 21072270 but the earbud inside was the regular LB with non-braided cable. I purchased it from K's Taobao store so when I contacted them they told me LBBS should be a braided cable and immediately replaced it for me. They also wanted to see the box label and said they had never seen this type of mixup before. So it appears there's a batch of mislabeled stock out there with distributors or resellers as well.

Jan 8, 2022 at 11:20 PM Post #59,601 of 75,861
Would definitely consider something like Maria II at a lower price, as I have an idea of how it should sound like. But even the Chaconne I bought during the Black Friday holiday weekend, so it was not $320 (still almost $300 with tax.) Not saying it's bad-especially without trying it-but I lack the funds to purchase it even if it was great, and the Moondrop Chaconne is too good as it is.

Frankly I am not tempted by the well-received Blessing2 IEM, because the Chaconne is similarly priced-I do not equalize, but can tell it just sounds "different" in a good way, even compared to quite good headphones and IEMs.

Chaconne wipes the floor with the B2, no need to get it.

Nice! I really can't wait for my Chaconne to arrive!

Jan 9, 2022 at 12:55 AM Post #59,602 of 75,861
Chaconne wipes the floor with the B2, no need to get it.
Lol bold words there, especially when comparing two different formats... But I think Chaconne owners would agree. :)

Jan 9, 2022 at 12:58 AM Post #59,603 of 75,861
Hello,

I'm looking forward to get one of those earbuds: BGVP DX5, ISN Audio Rambo II, Hessian Ansata Pro, **** PT2021.

I would prefer a neutral sound signature with good separation and clear/vivid vocals. I mainly listen to rock, metal and some edm, although a little lack of bass should be fine.

I accept suggestions. Thank you. : )
You can take the Rambo II off that list, definitely not neutral. It's a warm bud with a pronounced mid bass hump and relaxed upper mids and rolled off treble.

Jan 9, 2022 at 1:22 AM Post #59,604 of 75,861
Lol bold words there, especially when comparing two different formats... But I think Chaconne owners would agree. :)
I have heard both, and can totally agree; the Chaconne does indeed wipe the floor with them... They wipe the floor with MANY (including IEMs) handily. I'll just go on and say it (even if people call me crazy for it): the mids and treble in the Chaconne are the finest tuning I have ever heard in any headphone, IEM, earbud IMHO! Are they absolutely perfect? Maybe not, but they are the closest that I have ever heard. Having the recessed lower end does indeed make them "niche" unless you are willing to add some EQ and deal with any perceived consequences.

If the next generation/iteration improves that and makes them a bit more rounded, they will for sure be the best of the best out there!

P.S. All my opinion, and not proven to be factual at all.

Jan 9, 2022 at 1:42 AM Post #59,605 of 75,861
Last month I received an LBBS marked box with SN 21072270 but the earbud inside was the regular LB with non-braided cable. I purchased it from K's Taobao store so when I contacted them they told me LBBS should be a braided cable and immediately replaced it for me. They also wanted to see the box label and said they had never seen this type of mixup before. So it appears there's a batch of mislabeled stock out there with distributors or resellers as well.
Thank you for sharing that. Cheers.

Jan 9, 2022 at 9:51 AM Post #59,608 of 75,861
Thank you for this information.

So far, it seems like the issue lies in the batch "22XY" (last 4 numbers) specifically. So what I recommend at the moment for prospective buyers of the LBBS is to contact the store that you want to buy from and ask them to check the last 4 numbers, if it says 22XY then you should avoid them or ask for them to pick another unit without those numbers.

But since this hypothesis is done with a very limited sample, I do suggest that you wait for the buyers from Nicehck to get their units first before we can make any more conclusions about it. (AND I COULD VERY WELL BE WRONG!)

Jan 9, 2022 at 11:52 AM Post #59,610 of 75,861
Thank you for this information.

So far, it seems like the issue lies in the batch "22XY" (last 4 numbers) specifically. So what I recommend at the moment for prospective buyers of the LBBS is to contact the store that you want to buy from and ask them to check the last 4 numbers, if it says 22XY then you should avoid them or ask for them to pick another unit without those numbers.

But since this hypothesis is done with a very limited sample, I do suggest that you wait for the buyers from Nicehck to get their units first before we can make any more conclusions about it. (AND I COULD VERY WELL BE WRONG!)

I got mine from NiceHCK on 11.11. Serial number K21072564.

Attachments

• 20220109_134617.jpg
    20220109_134617.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220109_134742.jpg
    20220109_134742.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back