Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 6, 2022 at 7:35 AM Post #59,566 of 75,845
A question to y'alls with LBBS...

How the hell do you wear it?

I tried multiple fits, but it is either stable and sounds like crap, or it sounds great, but the tiniest amount of movement ruins the sound.

IMG_6550.jpeg
This is how I have to wear it for it to sound best, but... I can't move my head... lmao

Jan 6, 2022 at 9:02 AM Post #59,567 of 75,845
I found that both Rose Technics Maria I & II staging were much more open (wider) and perhaps deeper (more layered) than the Rose Technology Mojito, Rose Technics Masya, or the Rose Technics Masya 2 aka "Masya Pro". The PT2021 staging would probably fall in between the Mojito and Maria I & II for openness but probably the same as the Mojito staging depth (layering) wise.
i had mojito and masya. mojito soundstage was in sureley in very wide level but masya is normal wide level.wider soundstage then mojito will beat big headphones .
for pt2021 are you sure soundstage is wider then mojito?

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2022 at 9:35 AM Post #59,568 of 75,845
i had mojito and masya. mojito soundstage was in sureley in very wide level but masya is normal wide level.wider soundstage then mojito will beat big headphones .
for pt2021 are you sure soundstage is wider then mojito?
Agreed, Masya and Masya 2 are a step back from the Mojito in staging but they do offer an interesting resolution (clarity) in the midrange with airy treble (some may even argue that the slightly larger bass driver (16mm) in the Masyas provides better bass detail as well). And thus why the Maria I is considered the cumulation of both the Mojito and Masya 2 into one earbud.

Well, the PT2021 may not be as wide as the Mojito (not even close to the Maria I & II) but it is not far off and it is most definitely equal to the Mojito in staging depth (layering and presentation).

To my ears though, the PT2021 offers the better overall staging than the Mojito and is most definitely sufficiently wide & open. I believe this is due to it's primary signature being closer to neutral (less mid-forward/aggressive than the Mojito and especially the Maria I & II) which gives the PT2021 a more natural sounding timbre. Remember accurate timbre makes staging more realistic sounding, deeper (more layered), and giving one more of a "being there" presentation. Therefore probably why I find that the PT2021's staging sounds better (deeper and more open) than the Mojito with it's weaker timbre presentation.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2022 at 11:47 AM Post #59,569 of 75,845
Agreed, Masya and Masya 2 are a step back from the Mojito in staging but they do offer an interesting resolution (clarity) in the midrange with airy treble (some may even argue that the slightly larger bass driver (16mm) in the Masyas provides better bass detail as well). And thus why the Maria I is considered the cumulation of both the Mojito and Masya 2 into one earbud.

Well, the PT2021 may not be as wide as the Mojito (not even close to the Maria I & II) but it is not far off and it is most definitely equal to the Mojito in staging depth (layering and presentation).

To my ears though, the PT2021 offers the better overall staging than the Mojito and is most definitely sufficiently wide & open. I believe this is due to it's primary signature being closer to neutral (less mid-forward/aggressive than the Mojito and especially the Maria I & II) which gives the PT2021 a more natural sounding timbre. Remember accurate timbre makes staging more realistic sounding, deeper (more layered), and giving one more of a "being there" presentation. Therefore probably why I find that the PT2021's staging sounds better (deeper and more open) than the Mojito with it's weaker timbre presentation.
thanks for detailed answer.

Jan 6, 2022 at 2:51 PM Post #59,571 of 75,845

sorry i have other question there was a lucky bag discount for ebx21 earbud .maybe later similar price will be on sale so i want to ask you which one(pt2021 vs ebx21) will beat other in soundstage wideness ,detail,sepearation,can you give some comparions about ebx21 vs pt2021.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2022 at 4:06 PM Post #59,572 of 75,845
A question to y'alls with LBBS...

How the hell do you wear it?

I tried multiple fits, but it is either stable and sounds like crap, or it sounds great, but the tiniest amount of movement ruins the sound.

The LBBS can be fitted with a double form (donut form on full form) to fit the ear canal.
DSC_0013.JPG

Alternatively, you can press the speaker side of the earphone against the ear bead to make it fit. (Sorry for the out of focus photo)
DSC_0003.JPG

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2022 at 9:56 PM Post #59,573 of 75,845
Jan 6, 2022 at 11:02 PM Post #59,574 of 75,845
Upgraded my dap from the Hiby R5 to a Shanling M6 Pro (akm version). I'm really shocked how much it improved the sound of my earbuds - K's LBB and Willsound mk2.
Wanted to ask if anyone might have any recommendations for an earbud upgrade. Something that has a similar tonality to my current earbuds, but with better resolution, transparency, dynamics, and a larger stage. It's crazy that this thread has reached nearly 4000 pages!

Jan 6, 2022 at 11:23 PM Post #59,575 of 75,845
Jan 7, 2022 at 1:29 AM Post #59,578 of 75,845
Any new update on new Rose earbud. I haven't been a while but curious to know if any.

Jan 7, 2022 at 1:46 AM Post #59,579 of 75,845
Any new update on new Rose earbud. I haven't been a while but curious to know if any.
are they releasing something soon? or are you referring to the Maria 2? If you're curious about the Maria 2, much as been written about it just recently in this thread.

Jan 7, 2022 at 2:17 AM Post #59,580 of 75,845
are they releasing something soon? or are you referring to the Maria 2? If you're curious about the Maria 2, much as been written about it just recently in this thread.
He speaks of the two (2) models teased by Rose on their IG account:

Rose Technics Martini (32Ω)
Rose Technics Maxim Project (??Ω)
We are all biting at the bit in anxious anticipation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back