Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 9, 2021 at 5:17 PM Post #57,753 of 75,149
Old is gold
20210909_141005~2.jpg

Sep 9, 2021 at 5:47 PM Post #57,754 of 75,149
What will you show them as video evidence ? I ordered LBBS from same store and i'm about to receive mine in a few days. So this QC issue has gotten me worried now.

I had a bad experience with Aliexpress, few months ago I received an Bluetooth earbud that had QC issue, constant disconnections, Dim volume sound. I opened a dispute and asked for partial refund. I also showed video evidence of sound constantly cutting off while playing the tracks. It absolutely pissed me off at how Aliexpress judgement changed my dispute proposal from partial refund to Return item to seller and get full Refund. That's not what i had asked for. Also there was no option left for me to write anything on the dispute page besides entering a tracking number. I had no option but to lose the dispute because i couldn't return it to seller. So i wouldn't keep much faith in Aliexpress next time i face a QC issue with any of my purchases from there.

I used a tone generator website to play a 3000 hz tone through my earbuds, then taped the right earbud to my microphone while showing the dB levels in a program callled audacity. Then I taped the left earbud and showed the dB level was different. It was a bit difficult to record this with 1 hand but I managed.

They seemed to have accepted that as evidence and told me to apply for aliexpress local return for a refund. I just hope it doesn't make me drive 20 miles away.

Sep 9, 2021 at 6:23 PM Post #57,755 of 75,149
Sep 9, 2021 at 6:31 PM Post #57,756 of 75,149
My Bell Ti Plus arrived. It's insane. I need a hug. The hype is real. My favorite test tracks had way more texture and detail than I ever knew possible. Immediate goosebumps. My nipples are erect. Low end is full and lush. Vocals are sweet and intimate. Treble has air and sparkle. Soundstage and imaging feel holographic and lifelike. Comfort is really good -- not quite LBBS but very close. Miles better than Chaconne.

It's just unreal to me that I can listen to a song on my test track playlist and only notice the twang in the guitar for the first time with these in. I can hear the texture? and micro vibrado of vocals in a power ballad, bringing even more emotion forward.

This is bad. The world of buds is SO good with SO much value at the low end. I wish this type of performance didnt cost $600-700 but I understand why after listening to it. It is a marked upgrade from the Chaconne which are $330. Not quite 2x better, but it isn't close. I want to write more but I have some music to enjoy

Sep 9, 2021 at 6:38 PM Post #57,757 of 75,149
My Bell Ti Plus arrived. It's insane. I need a hug. The hype is real. My favorite test tracks had way more texture and detail than I ever knew possible. Immediate goosebumps. My nipples are erect. Low end is full and lush. Vocals are sweet and intimate. Treble has air and sparkle. Soundstage and imaging feel holographic and lifelike. Comfort is really good -- not quite LBBS but very close. Miles better than Chaconne.

It's just unreal to me that I can listen to a song on my test track playlist and only notice the twang in the guitar for the first time with these in. I can hear the texture? and micro vibrado of vocals in a power ballad, bringing even more emotion forward.

This is bad. The world of buds is SO good with SO much value at the low end. I wish this type of performance didnt cost $600-700 but I understand why after listening to it. It is a marked upgrade from the Chaconne which are $330. Not quite 2x better, but it isn't close. I want to write more but I have some music to enjoy
"My nipples are erect" got me interested in these buds now :laughing: Any plans on going to Canjam since youre in LA?

Sep 9, 2021 at 10:20 PM Post #57,759 of 75,149
"My nipples are erect" got me interested in these buds now :laughing: Any plans on going to Canjam since youre in LA?
no plans sorry, kind of just want to live in this contentment and run far away from this thread for a few years and recoup costs of the upgrade treadmill in the classifieds. i can probably sell my chaconne, lbbs, one of my m2s pro, nicehck me80 if anyone is interested lol
I used to own the Chaconne too, and IMO only its upper mids & treble are comparable to Bell-Ti Plus. In all other aspects, the Bell-Ti Plus wins easily, especially in the low end presentation, increased technicalities, plus comfort and wearability of the shells.

The interchangeable plugs on the Plus are a big plus as well (no pun intended), though I did wish they went with a twist lock system like on the Fiio EM5. The titanium finish plugs on the Plus can be quite slippery, and while changing the plug once, it almost flew out of my hands because I slipped a little.

Sounds crazy, but honestly, I'm more wowed when I upgrade from the Onmyoji to the Bell-Ti Plus now, than when I went from the LBBS to Onmyoji.
The Plus is definitely money well spent for me, and I'm glad I took the pricey plunge, instead of spending on endless sidegrades. Also, the Plus is likely to be the last model release in K's Bell lineup for now, so I'm definitely keeping mine for good.
Agreed that overall the Ti Plus beats the Chaconne. I also was confused that the plug/termination doesn't lock, I was expecting more like the EM5 like you said. So now I just have to be careful unplugging. I also wish the carrying case had little holsters for each of the terminations since I might actually swap plugs often since I have Sony and AK DAPs so they use 4.4mm and 2.5mm.. my phone and computer are 3.5mm too, etc.

And man, if you were wowed from Onmyoji to Bell Ti Plus, imagine me coming from LBBS to Bell Ti Plus. And I was already wowed by the LBBS

Sep 9, 2021 at 11:31 PM Post #57,760 of 75,149
@Penon Same driver as in the original 2016 version or is this an updated 16Ω driver unit?
The SHOZY BK driver has always been the same, it has not been changed, 16ohm and the cable is brown。

PENON Stay updated on PENON at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1221974387914138/ https://twitter.com/PenonAudio?s=09 https://www.instagram.com/penonaudio/ https://penonaudio.com/ penonaudio@hotmail.com
Sep 10, 2021 at 12:44 AM Post #57,762 of 75,149
Did Shozy Cygnus change from 16 ohms to 32 ohms in the last re-release?
2016 - Shozy Cygnus (18Ω)
2021 - Shozy Cygnus II (32Ω)

Our longtime earbuds fanatic comrade @golov17 measured them at 18Ω as well back in 2016.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2021 at 4:56 AM Post #57,763 of 75,149
interesting as i have basically the exact opposite impression as you in every regard lmao. i would love to hear a third opinion out of curiosity
Me too. Things that you say to describe the SO are what I hear with the 150 Ohm and vise versa. Who knows, but I’d sure like to know what someone else hears.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2021 at 5:44 AM Post #57,764 of 75,149
F in the chat for my Sony MDR-434 set. I got them recabled (solving the annoying J-cable issue) and reterminated so could reap the benefits of MMCX. They lasted all of two weeks. Drivers had a heart attack overnight, looks like. I'm sad. I think I can save the shoelace cable (from Vic Hernandez at Stiks Audio) but fairly sure these are cooked. o7

Sep 10, 2021 at 1:21 PM Post #57,765 of 75,149
well this doesn't bode well for K's durability.. less than 24 hours later the titanium sleeve on the 4.4mm jack just pops off when you push towards the plug. It should be ok for the most part since most of the time you're pulling the plug out and in the opposite direction but haha yeah.. just not a great experience. If you were in my shoes would you open a dispute for this?

Attachments

• IMG_1085.JPG
    IMG_1085.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back