Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 3, 2021 at 8:28 PM Post #56,822 of 75,210
20210803_171830~2.jpg

Aug 3, 2021 at 10:52 PM Post #56,823 of 75,210
No idea.

X6 vs SL 2.5:

Cleaner and more tonally correct. More mid-bass on the SL causing some slight bleed into the mids and overly warm.

Almost no bass extension and rumble compared to the X6. Speed is similar but tighter and a lot more texture on the X6.

Tonality is more correct on the X6 due to it being brighter and cleaner. Mid-bass bloat is affecting the violins and it sounds unclean on it on the SL.

There you go.

Hi Riku, I'm planning to buy and try out the SL 1.0+ CE (Blue color) but found that there is a Balanced 2.5mm version. Reading through your experience about the Balanced version, I'm now leaning towards the 1.0+ CE. Besides, I don't have a Balanced source and will just use a ddHifi adapter which is good by the way. Have you heard it? And if yes, how does it compare to the Balanced one? I know for sure that you like the X6 better but would like to confirm your opinion on the CE if you have tried it before I make the purchase. Thanks.

Aug 4, 2021 at 3:17 AM Post #56,825 of 75,210
Thanks for all your time and work. You da man!
My pleasure really. If anyone has any data, whether it be an addition or correction, please feel free to PM and I will update as accordingly. Suggestions are also most welcome :wink:

Aug 4, 2021 at 6:29 AM Post #56,826 of 75,210
No idea.

X6 vs SL 2.5:

Cleaner and more tonally correct. More mid-bass on the SL causing some slight bleed into the mids and overly warm.

Almost no bass extension and rumble compared to the X6. Speed is similar but tighter and a lot more texture on the X6.

Tonality is more correct on the X6 due to it being brighter and cleaner. Mid-bass bloat is affecting the violins and it sounds unclean on it on the SL.

There you go.

Maybe you have an anomaly X6? Even in Sam L's EQ, he lowered the midbass region to somehow lift the mids more. There is a noticeable midbass bleed in the X6, which is noticeable when you A/B it with more neutral buds. The X6 actually has a wonky mids tuning, similar with the TC200, its just less noticeable on the X6 due to the mid bass bleed compared to the cleaner and more technical TC200.
Alright, guess not.

"mk2 makes x6 feels more neutral in my opinion.."
"mk2 is good, but too bassy for me, vocals a bit recessed as the effect, and the bass do bleed to the mids a bit."

(from discord)
Also, regarding the other post on Willsound Mk2 vs X6, I don't get how someone can say that the Mk2 has a midbass bleed and the X6 doesn't have them? The Mk2 has fuller mids than the X6 and that's different from a bad mid-bass bleed. If I remember, even Super Review ranks the Mk2 better than the X6, and he also doesn't like too much bass.:beyersmile:

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2021 at 7:41 AM Post #56,827 of 75,210
Hi Riku, I'm planning to buy and try out the SL 1.0+ CE (Blue color) but found that there is a Balanced 2.5mm version. Reading through your experience about the Balanced version, I'm now leaning towards the 1.0+ CE. Besides, I don't have a Balanced source and will just use a ddHifi adapter which is good by the way. Have you heard it? And if yes, how does it compare to the Balanced one? I know for sure that you like the X6 better but would like to confirm your opinion on the CE if you have tried it before I make the purchase. Thanks.
Not in my list = dont have it. So no, I havent heard any other version of the SL, at this point the Iris 2.0 is the best Faaeal bud.

Maybe you have an anomaly X6? Even in Sam L's EQ, he lowered the midbass region to somehow lift the mids more. There is a noticeable midbass bleed in the X6, which is noticeable when you A/B it with more neutral buds. The X6 actually has a wonky mids tuning, similar with the TC200, its just less noticeable on the X6 due to the mid bass bleed compared to the cleaner and more technical TC200.

Also, regarding the other post on Willsound Mk2 vs X6, I don't get how someone can say that the Mk2 has a midbass bleed and the X6 doesn't have them? The Mk2 has fuller mids than the X6 and that's different from a bad mid-bass bleed. If I remember, even Super Review ranks the Mk2 better than the X6, and he also doesn't like too much bass.:beyersmile:
Yes, when you compare the X6 to something like the Chaconne, there IS bleed from the mid-bass.

No idea on the MK2, but if that one has more bass than the X6, then I can understand it having more bleed.

Aug 4, 2021 at 9:17 AM Post #56,828 of 75,210
If you don't have a 2.5mm balanced port, don't buy it. Don't use any adapter on snow lotus 2.5mm, ever!
I've tried all snow lotus version, I can give you some quick reviews:
* 1.0 ver: Balanced, light bass but tight, lush mid, polite treb but still extended enough
* 1.0 plus: V-shaped, better bass than 1.0-both quantity and quality but mid is recessed, same treb as 1.0
* 2.5mm: Balanced, slighly v-shaped, has better mid than 1.0 and bass of 1.0 plus but with some sub-bass added, treb is more extended than both
* 2.0 ver 1-same cable as 1.0 plus (out of stock): mid/vocal centric earbud, a little dark
* 2.0 ver 2-same cable as 1.0, but in white color (out of stock): same as 1.0 but with more treb extension, a brighter version of 1.0
All snow lotus have minimum mid-bass bloat and great images/instruments seperation, big soundstage, all are 64 ohms. I haven't tried 150 ohms-snow lotus 2.5mm
Other Faaeal:
* Rosemary (150 ohms): An excellent bassy and dark earbud but still detailed, bass extension is amazing. HUGE, very HUGE soundstage
* Narcissus 2.0 (300 ohms) (out of stock): A great balanced earbud with LUSH vocal, bass is also great
* Iris (all are 32 ohms): Iris 2.0 is the best of all Iris, don't buy others
* Faaeal 400 ohms (out of stock): Haven't tried
* Datura pro: Very lush vocal but too much mid-centric. Very overwhelming mids. I dislike this most, not my tune. EQ may fix this problem
All 64 ohms and above faaeal need power to sound best! A good amp is required :)

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2021 at 9:36 AM Post #56,829 of 75,210

LBBS = mid-fi? Sure doesnt sound like it.....

Aug 4, 2021 at 10:06 AM Post #56,830 of 75,210
Faaeal Iris Ancestor - loving these so far. Bass quantity sounds good and the mids don't sound recessed. They have that 'in your face' presentation that I really like. Not sure if 'in your face' translates as narrow soundstage but they remind me of my Senn HD25's which have a similar presentation.

Currently listening on Spotify via a Hidizs dongle plugged into an Android phone.

Aug 4, 2021 at 10:52 AM Post #56,832 of 75,210
Aug 4, 2021 at 11:42 AM Post #56,833 of 75,210
Btw, could someone create the review page for the LBBS so I can upload it faster when I am done? :pray:

Aug 4, 2021 at 11:56 AM Post #56,834 of 75,210
I have a budget of $70 and I'm currently leaning towards the Smabat M2s Pro. If there are any better options around, then please suggest some.
I already own popular budget earbuds like X6, Traceless, TC200, Vido, IRIS, Snow Lotus and such. I'm now looking for a step-up in SQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back