Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 28, 2021 at 3:43 AM Post #56,462 of 75,303
has anyone tried the smabat super driver with the m0 or m2s pro? they sell it on only their store, it's the same driver from their new super flagship.
I personally enjoy the comfort of the shell of the M0

What super driver? Got a link? Might need this in my life :p

Jul 28, 2021 at 4:05 AM Post #56,463 of 75,303
Being the minimalist that I am, I am quite relieved to report that I am finally down to three (3) earbuds again.

A month or so back I was sitting on nearly thirty plus earbuds and a good number of dacs & amps which I have since managed to sell, trade, and/or gift away... not including those items that my daughter and wife continually, and quite illegally, procure from me! I have resigned myself to the fact that I most likely will never ever see my Turandots nor BTR5 again 😥. I don't even know where my wife hides them when not in use... I desperately hunted around for them but to no avail!

Here are the earbuds currently residing in my stable and why:
Signature Role
Listening Duration
Brand
Model
Impedance
Critical Listening​
Short Sessions​
Blur​
OFC MX64 aPs Special Tuning Edition​
64Ω​
Fun​
Medium-Long Sessions​
Blur​
256 PK16 White Face​
16Ω​
Warm & Smooth​
Ultralong Sessions​
Ksearphone​
Temperament 钛铃 Bell-Ti​
120Ω​

It would be nice to hear, from fellow rabid earbud enthusiasts, what you consider your top three earbuds are and why... or four... or five... or six... :stuck_out_tongue:!
1. Blur 266 MX400 aPs 400Ω: This thing lives on my desktop; While it still sounds great on lower powered sources, it really stretches its wings on my Schiit stack. Most headphone like, mid-centric sound.
2. Blur MX32 32Ω: Easy to drive, more colored than my MX400. I take it with me when I'm on the go.
3. Yincrow X6: Everyone knows why it's on the list, easily best value from my (and many others') experience.

Jul 28, 2021 at 4:38 AM Post #56,464 of 75,303

Attachments

• 2021-07-28_113538.png
    2021-07-28_113538.png
    172.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 28, 2021 at 4:45 AM Post #56,465 of 75,303
has anyone tried the smabat super driver with the m0 or m2s pro? they sell it on only their store, it's the same driver from their new super flagship.
I personally enjoy the comfort of the shell of the M0
This is the million dollar question, but @RikudouGoku’s review makes it a tough sell. It would be in a different housing though and that will change things to some undeterminable degree. It’s also very tunable with their kit. It could be interesting, but a tough sell.

Jul 28, 2021 at 4:52 AM Post #56,467 of 75,303
I usually listen to Hindi Language Music and in English I like Pop, R&Bs and Rock too. But most of the times I usually do not listen at the higher volume and use PowerAmp Premium version App through my phone to listen to the music. But if there is any other better App, I can switch to that too.
I may have missed it, but what price range are you looking for?

Jul 28, 2021 at 5:38 AM Post #56,470 of 75,303
Would be interesting to try out, but for 35€ or something like that I dont think Ill get it just to test, after that super one review..
I would have to agree with this. I have both the M2s Pro, and the Chaconne, and so far I agree with @RikudouGoku's assessment of them (and order at which I would also place them), so I can assume that he has nailed it concerning the Super One.

Jul 28, 2021 at 5:47 AM Post #56,471 of 75,303
Being the minimalist that I am, I am quite relieved to report that I am finally down to three (3) earbuds again.

A month or so back I was sitting on nearly thirty plus earbuds and a good number of dacs & amps which I have since managed to sell, trade, and/or gift away... not including those items that my daughter and wife continually, and quite illegally, procure from me! I have resigned myself to the fact that I most likely will never ever see my Turandots nor BTR5 again 😥. I don't even know where my wife hides them when not in use... I desperately hunted around for them but to no avail!

Here are the earbuds currently residing in my stable and why:
Signature Role
Listening Duration
Brand
Model
Impedance
Critical Listening​
Short Sessions​
Blur​
OFC MX64 aPs Special Tuning Edition​
64Ω​
Fun​
Medium-Long Sessions​
Blur​
256 PK16 White Face​
16Ω​
Warm & Smooth​
Ultralong Sessions​
Ksearphone​
Temperament 钛铃 Bell-Ti​
120Ω​

It would be nice to hear, from fellow rabid earbud enthusiasts, what you consider your top three earbuds are and why... or four... or five... or six... :stuck_out_tongue:!

My choices are probably obvious to some. Nonetheless, using your format, in order of enjoyment...

Genre
Listening Duration (character)
Brand
Model
Impedance
Instrumental / Jazz / WorldMedium-Long (mid-treble leaning, large soundstage, transparent)BlurOFC MX64 aPs Special Tuning Edition 64
Electronic / Ambient / Hip HopMedium-Long (bass-mid leaning, warm)Blur 266 PK16 White Face16
Pop / Guitar / VocalShort (warm, mid forward)Blur266 MX300 Beautiful Witch aPs300

Jul 28, 2021 at 5:51 AM Post #56,472 of 75,303
My choices are probably obvious to some. Nonetheless, using your format, in order of enjoyment...

Genre
Listening Duration (character)
Brand
Model
Impedance
Instrumental / Jazz / WorldMedium-Long (mid-treble leaning, large soundstage, transparent)BlurOFC MX64 aPs Special Tuning Edition 64
Electronic / Ambient / Hip HopMedium-Long (bass-mid leaning, warm)Blur 266 PK16 White Face16
Pop / Guitar / VocalShort (warm, mid forward)Blur266 MX300 Beautiful Witch aPs300

You guys arent making my wallet's life easy with all this blur posts.

damn

Jul 28, 2021 at 6:23 AM Post #56,474 of 75,303
Need a fix? Go here

Thats already on my watch list. Been lurking it since I got into buds.

Just gonna figure out what FR and shell I want the most. Too bad he doesnt do small bells like LBBS, or else I'd instant buy.

Thanks for you hardwork on mantaining that lists. Your links helped me a lot and I consult them very often!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back