Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 14, 2021 at 3:23 PM Post #56,162 of 75,702
10 days or less to get?
Have you purchased from veclan.com and selected Express (SF Grobal Registered)?
That's the shipping option I selected for my Monk Lites and I ordered direct from VE. I'll let you know what ends up happening in terms of lead time.

They did mention that COVID continues to mess up transit times, so I wouldn't be surprised if they're having trouble reaching that 10-day lead.

Jul 14, 2021 at 3:39 PM Post #56,163 of 75,702
Screenshot_20210714-110540.jpg

Enablers. All of you...

Hoping the ear hook on that cable isn't pre-formed so they can be used with the M2s Pro. If not, guess they'll just stay with the IEMs. Couldn't pass on the price, assuming it is legit pure silver (original price suggests so, but this is AE we're talking about).

Jul 14, 2021 at 3:44 PM Post #56,164 of 75,702
Strange... Usually VE ships take around 10 days or less to get to me.
I haven’t had nearly that kind of luck from them(AE), but it’s usually been out of China within 10 days. My fastest delivery from AE was 14 days and average has been 20. VE put in the post about 30 hours after my order and have been very good about communicating with me. AE on the other hand… they’re are saying that this might be my fault. It’s definitely not an experience I want again regardless of outcome.

edit: I should add, I’m not sure if their suggestion is just them trying to come up with an excuse to keep my money or just poor translation services and/or cultural competence. Either way, their communication needs serious work and they are a new level of poor communication performance for me.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2021 at 3:47 PM Post #56,165 of 75,702
I'm usually getting that times from aliexpress...

I have a pair of monks incoming and they shipped on the 6th and getting delivered on friday. But some items I got from aliexpress are stuck for 1 month somewhere and i think it's thanks to the new vat laws....

Jul 14, 2021 at 3:59 PM Post #56,166 of 75,702
Screenshot_20210714-110540.jpg
Enablers. All of you...

Hoping the ear hook on that cable isn't pre-formed so they can be used with the M2s Pro. If not, guess they'll just stay with the IEMs. Couldn't pass on the price, assuming it is legit pure silver (original price suggests so, but this is AE we're talking about).
Probably with ear hooks. :joy:

Jul 14, 2021 at 3:59 PM Post #56,167 of 75,702
Next VE I order will be from their website. I wish they had more stuff available on Amazon in the USA. I’ve had very good luck with shipping from SMABAT and Penon. Both shipped fast, had EXCELLENT communication and tracking. Penon actually blew my mind with how fast their communication through email was—under a minute. Never had that level of service from any other company. Maybe I just got lucky…. Nonetheless, that was impressive.

Jul 14, 2021 at 4:03 PM Post #56,168 of 75,702
Quite a few purchases I've made from AE have been 1-2days til dispatch about 7-10 days to my doorstep. I typically spring for items with the '10 day delivery' icon. I think it varies heavily on the logistics route to your country, what countries it has to pass via if any etc. and obviously customs efficiency on arrival to your country.

Jul 14, 2021 at 4:10 PM Post #56,169 of 75,702
Probably with ear hooks. :joy:
Wonder if it's pre-formed heat shrink and I can just cut it off. Doubt it'll be as easy as removing KZ's ear hooks :/

How's comfort using the M2s Pro around the ear?

Jul 14, 2021 at 4:26 PM Post #56,170 of 75,702
Wonder if it's pre-formed heat shrink and I can just cut it off. Doubt it'll be as easy as removing KZ's ear hooks :/

How's comfort using the M2s Pro around the ear?
You can just cut it off.

I cant use buds over ear.

Jul 14, 2021 at 4:30 PM Post #56,171 of 75,702
Any recommendations? Trying to listen as much as I can, only got in the rabbit hole 1 month ago. Wanna try to experience as much as I can :)
There a few types of users here on this thread, who ask for recommendation, I will name the two because the rest are not worth to mention for many reasons. First we have users who don't want collecting all kind of buds, what they really want is
one or two pairs which they are top level regardless of price. The second group consists of users who like to explore different models, of course with caution not to exceed a certain price range.
All in all, in this hobby, both groups share the same rabbit hole.
When it comes to recommendations, I don’t like to comment on which model is better and explain some special reason why is it so. What I can recommend to you are models that have a certain value in relation to price and which in my opinion deserve a place in everyone’s collection. You are required to research these models yourself and find what works best for you.

# The first model which exceeds its price is RY4S Plus, fun sounding buds which I recommend to everyone who entering this hobby.
# About Yincrow and Smabat buds, I don't think I should talk because you've probably seen them mentioned very often.
# FAAEAL has a very interesting offer also. The model that surprised me was Faeaal DaturaPro. This bud I only recommend if you don't mind to use EQ, without EQ you will be disappointed. Build quality is superb, but stock tuning is the only downside. This model use aluminum coated driver which have amazing potential for sound reproduction. With EQ correction by @Sam L you will get the buds which can compete with buds that cost over $100. He created compensation files for other buds also, and you can read the impression by others on his thread. This is the post for DaturaPro. I don't use EQ at all, but for this model it's worth a try. My top recommendation for the best value for the money / SQ.
Unfortunately, they are currently out of stock
# Toneking lineup are specific for its original shape of the shell which of course is not for everyone and one of the positive sides is that you have a large selection of different impedance, from 32 to 600 ohms.
# TY Hi-Z line up. You can find these buds on Penon Audio Store and this is the review for whole lineup.
# ShoonTH lineup is not so big like previous two brands, but it certainly deserves attention.
I haven't tried 150ohm models, but even the entry level model (ShoonTH ESEP-01BL) shows great potential.
The positive features of this model are: fast bass, clear mids, smooth treble, wide soundstage and above average imaging. More expensive versions have the same driver with added impedance resistor, and the cables are of much better quality.
# Tingo lineup are authentic in its own way. They are budget friendly and my suggestion would be to skip models like TC200, TC300, TC400 and pick TG-38s which I have already described here. There is another model TG-38SA, with MMCX connector, that can only be found on Taobao, and it comes in two versions (150ohm and 300ohm with silver or transparent shell). I hope that it will appear on Ali soon.
# "Hi-Fi End" or "HE" is a small lineup, only two models, HE150 (MX500 shell) and HE150Pro (metal funnel-shaped shell).
What is characteristic of these two models is above average sub-bass and huge 3D stage, IMHO the best that you can find in price range up to $50. Currently, HE150 can be found on Taobao, but I'm not sure for HE1500Pro.
I personally like more HE150, comfort and SQ wise.
# When I mention the price range up to $50, it is worth mentioning the model HiFi Boy Dream. By the way, this model appeared with a price of $90, but for $50, this is an excellent choice. I will leave 3 reviews which very nicely describe the characteristics of this model. #1 , #2 , #3.

BTW... I mention here only models in the price range $5-$150. Everything related to hi-end models, I would leave it to Mr. @RikudouGoku who has a little more experience in that field.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2021 at 4:39 PM Post #56,172 of 75,702
There a few types of users here on this thread, who ask for recommendation, I will name the two because the rest are not worth to mention for many reasons. First we have users who don't want collecting all kind of buds, what they really want is
one or two pairs which they are top level regardless of price. The second group consists of users who like to explore different models, of course with caution not to exceed a certain price range.
And some of us float from one to the other. There's no way I need 5 different sets of earbuds, but I will certainly have them.

Jul 14, 2021 at 4:40 PM Post #56,173 of 75,702
And some of us float from one to the other. There's no way I need 5 different sets of earbuds, but I will certainly have them.
And even if you swear and perjure that you will only buy a couple of them ... you will not comply, you will buy more ... quite a few more

Jul 14, 2021 at 4:48 PM Post #56,174 of 75,702
That would be a topic for itself and by no means short in description

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2021 at 4:52 PM Post #56,175 of 75,702
When it comes to recommendations, I don’t like to comment on which model is better and explain some special reason why is it so. What I can recommend to you are models that have a certain value in relation to price and which in my opinion deserve a place in everyone’s collection. You are required to research these models yourself and find what works best for you.

# The first model which exceeds its price is RY4S Plus, fun sounding buds which I recommend to everyone who entering this hobby.
# About Yincrow and Smabat buds, I don't think I should talk because you've probably seen them mentioned very often.
# FAAEAL has a very interesting offer also. The model that surprised me was Faeaal DaturaPro. This bud I only recommend if you don't mind to use EQ, without EQ you will be disappointed. Build quality is superb, but stock tuning is the only downside. This model use aluminum coated driver which have amazing potential for sound reproduction. With EQ correction by @Sam L you will get the buds which can compete with buds that cost over $100. He created compensation files for other buds also, and you can read the impression by others on his thread. This is the post for DaturaPro. I don't use EQ at all, but for this model it's worth a try. My top recommendation for the best value for the money / SQ.
Unfortunately, they are currently out of stock
# Toneking lineup are specific for its original shape of the shell which of course is not for everyone and one of the positive sides is that you have a large selection of different impedance, from 32 to 600 ohms.
# TY Hi-Z line up. You can find these buds on Penon Audio Store and this is the review for whole lineup.
# ShoonTH lineup is so big like previous two brands, but it certainly deserves attention.
I haven't tried 150ohm models, but even the entry level model (ShoonTH ESEP-01BL) shows great potential.
The positive features of this model are: fast bass, clear mids, smooth treble, wide soundstage and above average imaging. More expensive versions have the same driver with added impedance resistor, and the cables are of much better quality.
# Tingo lineup are authentic in its own way. They are budget friendly and my suggestion would be to skip models like
TC200, TC300, TC400 and pick TG-38s which I have already described
here. There is another model TG-38SA, with MMCX connector, that can only be found on Taobao, and it comes in two versions (150ohm and 300ohm with silver or transparent shell). I hope that it will appear on Ali soon.
# "Hi-Fi End" or "HE" is a small lineup, only two models, HE150 (MX500 shell) and HE150Pro (metal funnel-shaped shell).
What is characteristic of these two models is above average sub-bass and huge 3D stage, IMHO the best that you can find in price range up to $50. Currently, HE150 can be found on Taobao, but I'm not sure for HE1500Pro.
I personally like more HE150, comfort and SQ wise.
# When I mention the price range up to $50, it is worth mentioning the model HiFi Boy Dream. By the way, this model appeared with a price of $90, but for $50, this is an excellent choice. I will leave 3 reviews which very nicely describe the characteristics of this model. #1 , #2 , #3.

Thanks alot for the depth list and for your time. Much more than I'd hope! I'm the type of guy trying to stack everything I can so I can get some idea of what sound signatures I like. In the future I wanna try stuff like Chacone, some Blurs, Ks Bells and ZE VEN 2.0 (got the SQC pack coming on my way, so this one will gone from the bucket list)

I have RY4S Plus (32ohm and 300ohm) stuck in NL's costums for a month.... But got'em! Also have X6 from Yincrow (red and gold baby!) but would love to try up RW-2000 from them. Smabat I'm good for now, since I got the M2S pro with 2 drivers, i'll be looking for new brands.

I'll search and put up a cart for this list, sounds amazing. Too bad I just made an order from Penon, or else I'd add the stuff you just rec'd....

Also just realized how deep in the hole I am.... I still blame @RikudouGoku for this...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back