Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 26, 2021 at 10:53 AM Post #55,516 of 75,341
You already received free gift and now you will get another one, i hope is DaturaPro😊
Don't think they'll be sending Datura Pros with @FranQL 's case. I was informed by them that they have stopped producing the DP.

Regarding the DAP he received, they do sell that in their Shopee and Lazada stores (all Faaeal Official stores). Must have been a mix-up.

Jun 26, 2021 at 10:57 AM Post #55,517 of 75,341
Literally the same shell, logo and all. If this is just rebranded, then with the T5 I have here, I don't think Tinhifi is walking the right path. We need to set up an intervention.
I'm in! :spy:
T5, P2, P2+. All of them seem very meh...

Hopefully this one is better....
Hmmmm.... :thinking:
*Off-topic*

Yeah, and I also just got informed that there has been a stealth retune of the T2 to become more V-shaped...
Yeah right:grin:

Jun 26, 2021 at 11:02 AM Post #55,518 of 75,341
You already received free gift and now you will get another one, i hope is DaturaPro😊
Who knows ... if they already sent me the crappy MP3, the next thing could be "the tetris machine"

Captura.JPG

Jun 26, 2021 at 11:10 AM Post #55,519 of 75,341
Jun 26, 2021 at 11:26 AM Post #55,521 of 75,341
monkgo.jpg

VE Monk v2
- Warm to neutral
- Satisfactory amount of mid/sub-bass, the bass is deep
- The treble quality is poor, but the quantity satisfies

VE Monk Go
- Neutral to Bright
- Much less bass, the bass is faster
- Satisfactory quality and quantity of treble

Jun 26, 2021 at 12:29 PM Post #55,522 of 75,341

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210626-192829_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210626-192829_Facebook.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 0
Jun 26, 2021 at 1:53 PM Post #55,523 of 75,341
I found this pic
Let me start with this. First, they look heavy (of course, all depends on the material they use).
This type of MMCX connectors with "thin walls" are the worst case scenario for buds and IEM's (We all already know how the first version of the Smabat ST-10 went)
I see only side vents (invisible cut near driver cover) who are not very trustworthy.

I would like to express my opinion and this would also be advice to small companies that are starting to make earbuds
Start simple, without any excessive shell design because even if you have a good and quality driver, the shell can ruin everything.
The good thing is that we already have MX500 shells that no matter how good or bad they look have definitely the best designed vent system that provides ideal tuning options. For smaller drivers, there is DOCOMO. These shell designs have a lot of room for improvement, so I note that this is a great starting point.

Just look at how popular the X6 model has become. I'm serious when I say this :wink:

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2021 at 3:13 PM Post #55,524 of 75,341
FYI

FAAEAL official Store: Sincerely sorry for this,my friend,after checking with our warhouse,it is our warehouse sent the wrong product to you,due to the price is more expensive than the product your ordered,we do not need to you return it back or pay for extral money.
Thanks for your kindly understand,to express the apologies,we are willing to provide a free gift for you in your next order,it is acceptable for you?
Sincerely hope you could kindly understand.

FranQL: Of course it is a mistake, I am not going to write you with false information. The solution is not good, because I do not have the products for which I have paid, and I have received an MP3 that is absolutely useless to me as an audiophile and that Faaeal does not sell in your store.

But if it really seems fair to you ... I am not going to do anything else on my part, it is a really negative shopping experience, I buy two headphones and do not receive them.
If you were in the States, I'd just send you mine. Shipping to Spain costs more than the buds. Seeing their response is upsetting. I can't buy their products anymore.

Jun 26, 2021 at 4:59 PM Post #55,525 of 75,341
Jun 26, 2021 at 6:29 PM Post #55,526 of 75,341
Is that the T2 Evo?
Nope. The T2 that was all the hype a few years back has reportedly underwent a stealth retune.

They say that the only way to make sure to get the original neutral-ish tuning was to buy secondhand.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2021 at 6:31 PM Post #55,527 of 75,341
Nope. The T2 that was all the hype a few years back has reportedly underwent a stealth retune.
What???? Why????

People loved that for what it is why change it???

Really sounds like tin hifi is different from before.....

Jun 26, 2021 at 10:57 PM Post #55,528 of 75,341
Just got a SMABAT M0 review unit.

45455eb2-706d-40a5-8a9c-b847e8e005ba.jpg

The selling point about this new SMABAT M0 (and also the higher end M2S Pro), is the interchangeable modular system for the drivers and dampers. Their predecessor, the M2 Pro (non S), was the pioneer of this cool modular design in earbuds, allowing one to flip sound signatures by changing the driver and inner tuning/damper. But changing the drivers for the old M2 Pro involved soldering, which not everyone is confident about or has the tools to do it.

So the M0 and M2S Pro has a lego like lock in design to just change the driver without needing soldering, perhaps this will be more attractive to non hands on DIY folks.

The M0 comes with a pouch, cable, 1 set of donut foams and 1 set of full foams, in addition to the earbud itself. The cable is on the thinner side, but is MMCX detachable (breathes a sigh of relief), unlike some TOTL earbuds, and it is perfectly usable sonic wise, and has minimal microphonics even when used cable down. Like other SMABAT series earbuds, this set can be worn cable down or over ears. The housing is light, comfortable and very ergonomic for me, but YMMV as we have different ear anatomies.

Unfortunately, the default packaging does not come with the other drivers/dampers, but they can be purchased separately on the SMABAT Aliexpress shop at these links:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001268432243.html - for the various drivers. Most of them are around $6 - 9, with the ST10S Black Gold 150 ohm one coming in at $18 USD.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002654579713.html - for the various dampers - $7.90 for the whole set

The good thing is these drivers and dampers can be used with both the M0 and the M2S Pro, so for owners of both sets, that can potentially mean you can reuse the stuff and not need to buy a whole set.

The various drivers and dampers are in the spoiler tab here, along with graphs on how they change the sound sig, all taken from the SMABAT Aliexpress shop photos:

3 damper types + no damper:
SMABAT 9.PNG

SMABAT 10.PNG

Location to place the filters for M0 and M2S Pro:
SMABAT 11.PNG

SMABAT 12.PNG

SMABAT 8.PNG

SMABAT 7.PNG

SMABAT 3.PNG

SMABAT 4.PNG

SMABAT 5.PNG

SMABAT 6.PNG

So as seen, there are multiple variables at play here, different dampers and different drivers can synergize to give a myriad different frequency response. And this is not even considering that one can still modify the sound with silicone covers, full foams, double foams, donut foams or even different cables (for cable believers). So there's really mind boggling different permutations if one purchases the other drivers/dampers, and I think modders will have a field day with the various permutations, one can finetune the sound signature to your needs.

With the stock damper and stock Titanium 15.4 mm driver, the SMABAT M0 is easy to drive, and it sounds neutralish bright for me. Midbass is neutralish or just slightly north of neutral and the midbass is more emphasized than the subbass, with just a small rumble of subbass when it is called for in subbass heavy tracks. The midbass is fast, of good clean quantity, minimal midbass bleed. It is not a basshead earbud by any means, but perhaps the other drivers eg SMABAT ST10S Black Gold 150 ohm one will add subbass kicks for those that want mooooooaaaaaaar bass.

Mids are forward here, very transparent and detailed, with the upper mids at the verge of spiciness for me. At louder volumes (Fletcher Munson curve), the upper mids can be shouty, but when used at low to moderate volumes, they are quite well behaved. The treble rolls off at the higher treble, but there is slight sibilance occasionally. Vocals stand out on this stock configuration, so it is quite good for vocal genres.

Timbre on the M0 is excellent as per most earbuds. Note weight is on the slightly thinner side, but this allows the stock M0 to have fast transients and a clean bass line.

The stock tuning for the M0 provides quite good technicalities, in terms of big soundstage, excellent transients, and good microdetails, clarity, imaging, instrument separation. Considering its cost of $28.50, I think the stock M0 can compete with some midfi earbuds in technicalities (will do some A/B testing later this week to confirm this).

Will report back after doing more tests, but I think those who wanna customize your sound signature without resorting to soldering will find the SMABAT M0 has a lot to offer, in addition to the good technicalities and timbre. And the icing on the cake is that the drivers and dampers can be used with the higher end brother M2S Pro, so there's quite a lot of future proofing involved too.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2021 at 11:40 PM Post #55,529 of 75,341
Just got a SMABAT M0 review unit.

45455eb2-706d-40a5-8a9c-b847e8e005ba.jpg

The selling point about this new SMABAT M0 (and also the higher end M2S Pro), is the interchangeable modular system for the drivers and dampers. Their predecessor, the M2 Pro (non S), was the pioneer of this cool modular design in earbuds, allowing one to flip sound signatures by changing the driver and inner tuning/damper. But changing the drivers for the old M2 Pro involved soldering, which not everyone is confident about or has the tools to do it.

So the M0 and M2S Pro has a lego like lock in design to just change the driver without needing soldering, perhaps this will be more attractive to non hands on DIY folks.

The M0 comes with a pouch, cable, 1 set of donut foams and 1 set of full foams, in addition to the earbud itself. The cable is on the thinner side, but is MMCX detachable (breathes a sigh of relief), unlike some TOTL earbuds, and it is perfectly usable sonic wise, and has minimal microphonics even when used cable down. Like other SMABAT series earbuds, this set can be worn cable down or over ears. The housing is light, comfortable and very ergonomic for me, but YMMV as we have different ear anatomies.

Unfortunately, the default packaging does not come with the other drivers/dampers, but they can be purchased separately on the SMABAT Aliexpress shop at these links:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001268432243.html - for the various drivers. Most of them are around $6 - 9, with the ST10S Black Gold 150 ohm one coming in at $18 USD.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002654579713.html - for the various dampers - $7.90 for the whole set

The good thing is these drivers and dampers can be used with both the M0 and the M2S Pro, so for owners of both sets, that can potentially mean you can reuse the stuff and not need to buy a whole set.

The various drivers and dampers are in the spoiler tab here, along with graphs on how they change the sound sig, all taken from the SMABAT Aliexpress shop photos:

3 damper types + no damper:
SMABAT 9.PNG
SMABAT 10.PNG

Location to place the filters for M0 and M2S Pro:
SMABAT 11.PNG
SMABAT 12.PNG

SMABAT 8.PNG
SMABAT 7.PNG
SMABAT 3.PNG
SMABAT 4.PNG
SMABAT 5.PNG
SMABAT 6.PNG

So as seen, there are multiple variables at play here, different dampers and different drivers can synergize to give a myriad different frequency response. And this is not even considering that one can still modify the sound with silicone covers, full foams, double foams, donut foams or even different cables (for cable believers). So there's really mind boggling different permutations if one purchases the other drivers/dampers, and I think modders will have a field day with the various permutations, one can finetune the sound signature to your needs.

With the stock damper and stock Titanium 15.4 mm driver, the SMABAT M0 is easy to drive, and it sounds neutralish bright for me. Midbass is neutralish or just slightly north of neutral and the midbass is more emphasized than the subbass, with just a small rumble of subbass when it is called for in subbass heavy tracks. The midbass is fast, of good clean quantity, minimal midbass bleed. It is not a basshead earbud by any means, but perhaps the other drivers eg SMABAT ST10S Black Gold 150 ohm one will add subbass kicks for those that want mooooooaaaaaaar bass.

Mids are the forward here, very transparent and detailed, with the upper mids at the verge of spiciness for me. At louder volumes (Fletcher Munson curve), the upper mids can be shouty, but when used at low to moderate volumes, they are quite well behaved. The treble rolls off at the higher treble, but there is slight sibilance occasionally. Vocals stand out on this stock configuration, so it is quite good for vocal genres.

Timbre on the M0 is excellent as per most earbuds. Note weight is on the slightly thinner side, but this allows the stock M0 to have fast transients and a clean bass line.

The stock tuning for the M0 provides quite good technicalities, in terms of big soundstage, excellent transients, and good microdetails, clarity, imaging, instrument separation. Considering its cost of $28.50, I think the stock M0 can compete with some midfi earbuds in technicalities (will do some A/B testing later this week to confirm this).

Will report back after doing more tests, but I think those who wanna customize your sound signature without resorting to soldering will find the SMABAT M0 has a lot to offer, in addition to the good technicalities and timbre. And the icing on the cake is that the drivers and dampers can be used with the higher end brother M2S Pro, so there's quite a lot of future proofing involved too.
Come on, there are so many modules and dampers and graphs that it's confusing to me and I feel that SMABAT's product line is a maze and wrong.

For many of us, the dark green SMABAT ST-10 was the best sounding product when there was only one product line.

The lower priced models could be left to the sub-brand JCally.

Jun 27, 2021 at 1:06 AM Post #55,530 of 75,341
Who knows ... if they already sent me the crappy MP3, the next thing could be "the tetris machine"

After reading all the recent issues with sellers, I'm sticking to just one brand for the time being. It is really disheartening especially when earbuds is already a niche market and these companies still cannot get things right. I guess it is profits above anything for them, even their customers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back