Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 11, 2021 at 7:13 AM Post #54,916 of 75,287
Rosemary is decent, warm and bassy L shaped set. Needs amping due to the high impedance, bass bleeds and knowing u like fast and clean bass, it might not be the set for you IMHO.

It is like the final E3000/5000 type of signature, warm and bassy with nebulous bass.
alright disqualified. Guess it just be the 3 other iris verions then.

Jun 11, 2021 at 7:15 AM Post #54,917 of 75,287
Well, finally Shenzhenaudio made the newest small Ostry KC08a available to us for purchase, so good news.

US $109.99 | Ostry KC08A Upgraded Version Earbuds
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOxxD9x

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210611-134038.png
    Screenshot_20210611-134038.png
    473.3 KB · Views: 0
Jun 11, 2021 at 7:20 AM Post #54,919 of 75,287
Rosemary is still awesome. Full sounding. I prefer it even to the Bell-ti.
I prefer faster and tighter bass as @baskingshark mentioned along with a lot of quantity. So its pretty hard to satisfy me in the bass department because I like A LOT of bass and that usually means the quality will be sacrificed for it (especially for buds).

Jun 11, 2021 at 11:00 AM Post #54,921 of 75,287
You could do what I did and modify some TWS with earbud drivers. The Sabbat X12's will work with 14.8mm drivers.

Top left: X12 Pro with 14.8mm 40Ω Titanium 'bass' drivers (bassier/warmish signature, better for out and about).
Top right: X12 Ultra with 14.8mm 32Ω Titanium drivers (more neutral type signature).
Love that idea. I don't have many 14.8mm drivers but I do know I really like my Smabat M1Pro as it is super neutral and comfy. Will have to look into that option. It's obvious I like to tweak if you look on the DIY thread...

I actually find these Soundpeats trueair 2 buds really good. Pretty much what I anticipated them to be, kind of a harmonish tuning that is balanced and not bass bloated but still present. Things to note is there is a slight bump around 8khz which seems popular or was to kind of bring more clarity but I'd prefer it not to be there. The main thing is there seems to be a very sharp drop off around 13khz so there really isn't much "air" and openness to the sound. It is very direct and focused sounding with the added benefit of just having that natural advantage buds have as far as spatial sound to slightly offset that.

So as a result of the sharp drop off around 13khz the resolution does not shine as much as it could. BUT for $30 I am super surprised by the performance. Also of note is that these have the strongest connection out of any of my bluetooth as far as distance from device. I can walk all over my house and have no drop outs. That just doesn't happen with my Qudelix, Galaxy Buds+, or KZ S2.

For general use I'd give this set a rec.

Edit: assassin - what Sabbat would you rec to get between those two with the knowledge that the drives would be swapped out?

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2021 at 11:50 AM Post #54,923 of 75,287
No obstacles for this - FiiO LC-BT2

Well, really if there is an obstacle, and that is that you have to wear a necklace .....

71WeCx+3kRL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

although they are not buds .... my bet will be for WF-1000XM4

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2021 at 11:53 AM Post #54,924 of 75,287
No obstacles for this - FiiO LC-BT2
Well, really if there is an obstacle, and that is that you have to wear a necklace .....
I don't know but it all comes down to personal preference. For those who don’t like cable TWS buds/IEMs/headphones are way to go.
On the other hand, all solutions which use cables in some ways, are much inferior to BT portable DAC/AMP devices such as Fiio BTR5, Qudelix-5K and EarStudio ES100.
Also, with them, you can always use short cable

BTW ... this LC-BT2 reminds me a little of Pets Collar Tracker . Just look at her face :joy:
1623427531412.png

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2021 at 12:59 PM Post #54,926 of 75,287
Love that idea. I don't have many 14.8mm drivers but I do know I really like my Smabat M1Pro as it is super neutral and comfy. Will have to look into that option. It's obvious I like to tweak if you look on the DIY thread...
That's why I mentioned this as an option.
Edit: assassin - what Sabbat would you rec to get between those two with the knowledge that the drives would be swapped out?
I'd go for the X12 Ultra's so you also have Apt-X.

The X12 Pro is the earlier version and is AAC/SBC only, it also doesn't have qi wireless charging case. Well, unless you mod the case for it like I did.

Jun 11, 2021 at 1:07 PM Post #54,927 of 75,287
Wanted some Spinfit CP145 tips, added them to my cart. Then, noticed that the seller has the Iris Ancestor as well for less than USD$3, so bought that too :) I just love cheap earbuds.
Which store? Its 4,3 usd at the official store lol.

Jun 11, 2021 at 4:29 PM Post #54,930 of 75,287
That's why I mentioned this as an option.

I'd go for the X12 Ultra's so you also have Apt-X.

The X12 Pro is the earlier version and is AAC/SBC only, it also doesn't have qi wireless charging case. Well, unless you mod the case for it like I did.
awesome thanks man! I will look for them since we have another sale on ali at our door. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back