Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 11, 2021 at 5:33 PM Post #54,931 of 75,268
Exactly what I was thinking. Perhaps they are taking their time to get it perfect before release? This shell has real potential. The one on the Qian39 might even be better from what I’ve read...
I hope you enjoy the comfort. They have a unique shape.
It's a real shame they haven't had anything new to offer in a long time. They can keep the same shell and just insert some exotic driver :kissing_closed_eyes::nose:

Jun 12, 2021 at 8:43 AM Post #54,932 of 75,268
1623501789367.png

1623501800268.png

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002632316267.html

Let me guess...this driver doesnt work for buds either? :joy:

Jun 12, 2021 at 11:58 AM Post #54,933 of 75,268
Last edited:
Jun 12, 2021 at 12:06 PM Post #54,934 of 75,268
Jun 12, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #54,935 of 75,268
Some Info that I found from Faaeal taobao, can't find the Ancestor edition tho.

Iris 1.0
Version: Black
Characteristics : the original Iris, also a classic version (listed in 2013). The overall tuning is balanced.

The low frequency is of quality and quantity, and the bass has slam/thump ; the mids is slightly forawrd, the vocal is more close to the ear, warmer(?), the details/texture is considered very good at this price, especially the folk/female voices are especially good; natural treble, the details are average, the tuning is smoother, and overall listening experience is comfortable.

Iris 2.0
Version: Black, Black transparent, Bright blue

Same driver as 1.0, he tuning is a continuation of the 1.0 trend. The difference is more functional. Secondly, because of the upgrade of the wire, the overall hearing of 2.0 is slightly more transparent than 1.0

Iris CE
Version: White transparent

Brand-new driver, different from 1.0/2.0. Tuning towards the vocals. The pursuit is a better vocal experience at this price.
Sound features: bass is very little, basshead please avoid! ! The vocals are prominent, clean, clear and smooth, slightly warmer(?), and not tired of listening for a long time. The high frequency is brighter than the previous version and the details are better.

Iris CE
Version: Grey transparent

Same driver as white Iris CE, tuning follows 1.0/2.0 but a lot of adjustments have been made based on feedback from many listeners of the Iris CE white transparent.

The low frequency continues the characteristics of 1.0/2.0, and the sense of volume is suppressed(?). people who prefer more bass can basically be satisfied. At the same time, the mids and treble shielding(?) is also moderate. The mids is more prominent. When Aunt Cai’s(a chinese singer famous for her vocal) voice comes out, the thickness and strength of the sound can be intuitively felt, and the sense of details such as ventilation/breath is outstanding. The high frequency part is slightly brighter than 1.0/2.0, and the auditory sense is more exciting and radical. In some songs, it can better show the level and emotion of the song.

Jun 12, 2021 at 12:48 PM Post #54,936 of 75,268

Iris 1.0
Characteristics : the original Iris, also a classic version (listed in 2013). The overall tuning is balanced.

The low frequency is of quality and quantity, and the bass has slam/thump ; the mids is slightly forawrd, the vocal is more close to the ear, warmer(?), the details/texture is considered very good at this price, especially the folk/female voices are especially good; natural treble, the details are average, the tuning is smoother, and overall listening experience is comfortable.

Iris 2.0

Same driver as 1.0, he tuning is a continuation of the 1.0 trend. The difference is more functional. Secondly, because of the upgrade of the wire, the overall hearing of 2.0 is slightly more transparent than 1.0

Iris CE

Brand-new driver, different from 1.0/2.0. Tuning towards the vocals. The pursuit is a better vocal experience at this price.
Sound features: bass is very little, basshead please avoid! ! The vocals are prominent, clean, clear and smooth, slightly warmer(?), and not tired of listening for a long time. The high frequency is brighter than the previous version and the details are better.

Iris CE

Same driver as white Iris CE, tuning follows 1.0/2.0 but a lot of adjustments have been made based on feedback from many listeners of the Iris CE white transparent.

The low frequency continues the characteristics of 1.0/2.0, and the sense of volume is suppressed(?). people who prefer more bass can basically be satisfied. At the same time, the mids and treble shielding(?) is also moderate. The mids is more prominent. When Aunt Cai’s(a chinese singer famous for her vocal) voice comes out, the thickness and strength of the sound can be intuitively felt, and the sense of details such as ventilation/breath is outstanding. The high frequency part is slightly brighter than 1.0/2.0, and the auditory sense is more exciting and radical. In some songs, it can better show the level and emotion of the song.
Thanks for sharing.

Reading between the lines: however looking at TB description of 1.0, AE description of Ancestor and the name itself- it seems that Ancestor should be a re-work of 1.0.

1623516390690.png

Jun 12, 2021 at 12:52 PM Post #54,937 of 75,268

Iris 1.0

Iris 2.0

Iris CE

Iris CE

OMG.. a lot

Jun 12, 2021 at 12:58 PM Post #54,938 of 75,268
Dont worry guys. I will get the other 3 versions of the Iris during the sale next week lol. :joy:

Although version 1.0 doesnt seem to be on sale anymore. I will get the 2.0, Ancestor and the CE grey transparent version. :thumbsup:

Jun 12, 2021 at 1:03 PM Post #54,939 of 75,268
Thanks for sharing.

Reading between the lines: however looking at TB description of 1.0, AE description of Ancestor and the name itself- it seems that Ancestor should be a re-work of 1.0.

1623516390690.png
Not sure, the grey CE also said something about following the trend of 1.0 and 2.0's sound.

Dont worry guys. I will get the other 3 versions of the Iris during the sale next week lol. :joy:

Although version 1.0 doesnt seem to be on sale anymore. I will get the 2.0, Ancestor and the CE grey transparent version. :thumbsup:

My interpretation is the 1.0 and 2.0 are the same, just maybe different wire.
Not sure what they mean by "The difference is more functional", is it the accessories?

Jun 12, 2021 at 1:12 PM Post #54,940 of 75,268
Not sure, the grey CE also said something about following the trend of 1.0 and 2.0's sound.

My interpretation is the 1.0 and 2.0 are the same, just maybe different wire.
Not sure what they mean by "The difference is more functional", is it the accessories?
Guess better accessories or maybe it has a mic and the 1.0 didnt have it?

Jun 12, 2021 at 1:47 PM Post #54,941 of 75,268
The Qian69 arrived today and I think it’s now on the overall leaderboard of ear buds I have. Very comfortable and no major errors of commission. It’s not the most exciting sound, but nothing about it annoys me.
interesting. I stayed away from the 69 because of the bizarrely shaped stems and got the 39's instead. the 39 are one of my most comfortable earbuds, so now I'm curious if the 69 is at least as comfortable.

Jun 12, 2021 at 2:00 PM Post #54,942 of 75,268
interesting. I stayed away from the 69 because of the bizarrely shaped stems and got the 39's instead. the 39 are one of my most comfortable earbuds, so now I'm curious if the 69 is at least as comfortable.
The Qian39 is so comfortable that it is perfect as sleeping earbuds.
Therefore, Qian69 is comfortable enough, but not as good as Qian39.
Instead, the sound of the Qian69 is superior to the Qian39 in terms of deep bass and wide soundstage.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2021 at 3:46 PM Post #54,943 of 75,268
Several people have said that the 39 is slightly more comfortable than the 69 and I believe the 39 is the same shell as the VE Lite series.

Jun 12, 2021 at 3:55 PM Post #54,944 of 75,268
Guess better accessories or maybe it has a mic and the 1.0 didnt have it?
My 2.0 has a mic. I actually find it to be my second best in the ‘technicalities’ department Of all my ear buds. It’s certainly a bargain In my mind. At first I found it a bit dark though enjoyable. As I listened to it longer, I still find it slightly dark, but because the bass is tight and fairly present and the treble clear and all there, it’s a very enjoyable ear bud to me. More so than when I first got it. It does bother me that I can sometimes hear little clicks from the cable moving in the shell. I’m going to glue it to one wall of the shell and see if that fixes it.

Jun 12, 2021 at 10:47 PM Post #54,945 of 75,268
Okay, so my holy terror of an ear bud buying spree is starting to slow now and it seems each new bud is better than they previous. I got the Ear Buds Anon from Penon Audio and I think I'm now getting into very good/refines treble, tight bass, and a balanced/clear/defined midrange. These are quite satisfying! Also a 3-way tie for most comfortable right off the bat. These might just be it for me. Penon also has the fastest shipping for me FWIW. I'd be surprised if when I do my shootout if these do not rise to the top in all categories. Of course they are also the most costly buds I've got. Anyone else have these? I'd love to hear what you make of them compared to some more costly TOTL type buds. The shootout is going to be more fun than I originally thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back